Report: Paul Millsap on the block? (Merged Threadz)

JTB

As much as I like Sap I just cant see the Hawks paying him the money he will command next season just for us to be a good/average  but not great team.  Hopefully they pull the trigger on some stuff this year like they should have done last year with Al and Jeff.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

Finding a trade that will send Millsap to a team he'll want to re-sign with and that also returns the Hawks the value they need is going to be difficult.

There are very few teams that will have $30- $35 mil in clear capspace to offer him that  without bird rights.

• Premium Member

One thing I have to put out there:

After losing Horford and now possibly Millsap we absolutely have to bring back a PF in a trade or draft one. Paul is the only real PF on our roster and if trade him that leaves a gaping hole at the 4 spot.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Sothron said:

After losing Horford and now possibly Millsap we absolutely have to bring back a PF in a trade or draft one. Paul is the only real PF on our roster and if trade him that leaves a gaping hole at the 4 spot.

If we trade Sap, we rebuilding. But I am not getting my hopes up, you gonna need to offer us value and that's something other fans in other fanbases are having a hard time doing and GM's are just as fickle. I am not getting my hopes up. Besides, I am starting to like this team again. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

About damn time. Hopefully we get an offer from a team like Minnesota or Phoenix. I would like a trade for Otto Porter.

MINN would be cool. I'm sure ATL would have to take Dieng back. I'm not too familiar with him to know if I want him or not.

Just now, BigDog90 said:

MINN would be cool. I'm sure ATL would have to take Dieng back. I'm not too familiar with him to know if I want him or not.

His PP makes him extremely hard to add in a trade and I don't think he's someone Atlanta would target. 

I would target Tyus Jones (Backup), Muhammad (Backup guard) Rubio (trade him to Philly for Okafor) for Sap. 

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

ESPN report lists Nuggets, Raptors as two teams with interest in Millsap. Hard to see Hawks trading key asset in-conference.

Toronto has no interest for me.

I'd hope DEN is offering Gallo not Faried.

Hawks have done trades in conference like Lou to TOR.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thomas said:

Think that very possibly management is becoming very worried that Sap will exercise his option to stay at this point. Way different from this past summer.

I highly doubt it. If anything he'd excercise it. He'd be the top FA PF since Blake will stay with LAC.

He's going to want that 30+ mil a year max. With the cap rise, somebody will have the money for him if ATL doesn't want to pay it.

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

That's not good value for us. It leaves us with a lot of role players which places us in a worse position. We need at least one could be developed player. 

Better than nothing. Bud lost his leverage when he didn't trade him during the summer.

If anything Hawks get a pick out of this and make their own pick a top lottery pick vs. keeping Millsap lose in the 1st and watch him leave for nothing and have a late 1st round pick instead of top 5.

44 minutes ago, Sothron said:

They can start Muscula and get a PF during the offseason.

14 minutes ago, RWF said:

I hope we can find offers for Korver and Thabo if we do trade Sap. No need to keep those guys around for a rebuild.

The question would be then, what will the Hawks do with Howard?

To help fix his rep I'd stay. If he demands a trade it'll make him look bad.

14 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

His PP makes him extremely hard to add in a trade and I don't think he's someone Atlanta would target. 

I would target Tyus Jones (Backup), Muhammad (Backup guard) Rubio (trade him to Philly for Okafor) for Sap. 

Yeah making the salaries work in MINN will be tricky. I don't understand why they gave Dieng an extension.

13 minutes ago, BigDog90 said:

Yeah making the salaries work in MINN will be tricky. I don't understand why they gave Dieng an extension.

They have to add Rubio who we really don't need. Rubio could go to Philly for Okafor. Okafor and Tyus Jones is so so value for Millsap. 

• Premium Member

Why would we want Okafor in Atlanta? He can't play with Howard. He also has no defensive or rebounding ability.

I am prepared for the Celtics to offer us some crap like Zeller, Amir Johnson and some mid range picks for Millsap.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Why would we want Okafor in Atlanta? He can't play with Howard. He also has no defensive or rebounding ability.

I am prepared for the Celtics to offer us some crap like Zeller, Amir Johnson and some mid range picks for Millsap.

Okafor would be a backup with Tyus Jones and Muhammad. He needs to develop. What better place to develop than in Atlanta. We can then move Moose to start at the 4. 

This is a trade I cooked up. Add Atlanta 2017 1st rounder going to Denver. 

Denver gets: Kent Bazemore and ATL 1st 2017

Philly gets: Ricky Rubio

Minny gets: Sap and Delaney

Hawks gets: Faried, Okafor, Muhammad and Tyus Jones

Dennis/Tyus
Tim/Kyle/Muhammad/Bembry
Thabo/Prince
Faried/Moose/Scott/Kelly(likely cut in the next week)
Dwight/Okafor/Splitter

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=zcfwwbf