• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Honest question: Does Dunleavy bring anything to the roster worth keeping?

sturt

11 minutes ago, AHF said:

Yay!  Emma Stone approval!

giphy.gif

It's dem eyes bruh ...

Emma Stone Wink

... oh and all the other stuff that's attached.

#ModThreadJack

ETA: Now you know how to get on AHoleF's good side if you're facing the bannhammuh.

Edited by kg01

• Premium Member

http://www.ajc.com/sports/basketball/dunleavy-calls-buyout-reports-pretty-inaccurate/j8barvZZHUiHQaBK4rMjiL/

Mike Dunleavy Jr. simply needed time to report to the Hawks after being traded last week. Dunleavy called reports that he was seeking a buyout “pretty inaccurate” and noted that he reported on time after being acquired from the Cavaliers in a deal involving Kyle Korver.

“I think when you get traded, especially someone like myself with three kids, a wife, a family, a lot of stuff going on, it takes some time to get things turned around and get down here,” said Dunleavy after going through his first practice with the Hawks Thursday. “I’m allowed a certain amount of time to do that, which I did. I got here in plenty of time of the 72 hours. All things stop when you get traded. You have to make sure your family is good. Obviously there were reports with the three-team trade and getting moved on. You have to make sure you are going to be kept before you come. That’s kind of what happened. I’m here now and ready to get rolling.”.......

“I’m excited to come down here,” Dunleavy said. No one is playing better than these guys right now. It’s a good team to join. I’ve played against these guys a lot the last few years being in the Eastern Conference. I have a lot of respect for them. I think I’ll fit in real well.”

All I can say is, it's good to be a skeptic, and particularly when the sports media intelligencia... a misnomer if ever there was one... starts tweeting and stirring pots.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I guess it's a matter of who one chooses to believe, but maybe only to me, the real goats here are all of those who stirred that pot and persuaded so many of us to think he was being disrespectful to our team. To the contrary, his explanation is plausible enough.

Meanwhile, who holds accountable all those real goats?

Someone should start an online list of each of these guys' reporting histories... the ones that proved essentially correct in one column, and the ones for which evidence suggested they assumed too much (to put it kindly, as opposed to using the terms "embellished" or "outright lied") in the other one.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, sturt said:

I guess it's a matter of who one chooses to believe, but maybe only to me, the real goats here are all of those who stirred that pot and persuaded so many of us to think he was being disrespectful to our team. To the contrary, his explanation is plausible enough.

Meanwhile, who holds accountable all those real goats?

Someone should start an online list of each of these guys' reporting histories... the ones that proved essentially correct in one column, and the ones for which evidence suggested they assumed too much (to put it kindly, as opposed to using the terms "embellished" or "outright lied") in the other one.

Paul Millsap plays for and Al Horford played for Atlanta Hawks.  I won't reveal my sauces. - Hal Horford

15 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I would rather he not be here but since he's going to be here I'd put him in for 5 minutes to put Isaiah Thomas on his a**.

Paul Millsap plays for and Al Horford played for Atlanta Hawks.  C'mon, guys.  Don't put him on his arse.  They'll be looking for me to retaliate.  That's a deal-breaker.  Can't put de face in jeopardy. - Hal Horford

Well, eating crow here but definitely looks like. Not sure if Dunleavy gets in before Bembry for me but we know Bud will always slant towards the vets so am expecting minutes each game for him. He helped last night with basically no time with the team so yeah, OK. 

• Like 1