• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Clarification on these trading rumors

ViewsFromTheSquawk

2 hours ago, andpau said:

Just logged in because of that..

"The latest NBA trade rumors are pointing toward a possible blockbuster deal between the Cleveland Cavaliers, New York Knicks, and Atlanta Hawks. The hypothetical trade scenario that is being shared and discussed online is structured as follows: the Cavs would receive Carmelo Anthony and shooting guard Kyle Korver. The Knicks would acquire Paul Millsap, Iman Shumpert, point guard Dennis Schröder, and center Tiago Splitter. Finally, the Hawks would come out of this swap with Kevin Love and point guard Derrick Rose."

http://www.inquisitr.com/3854029/nba-trade-rumors-anthony-korver-cavs-millsap-shumpert-Schröder-splitter-knicks-love-rose-hawks/

Horseshit.

Trading Sap, Korver and Dennis for Kevin Love as Rose is a free agent.  We are supposedly trading Millsap and Korver because we don't want to pay them, why pay a broken Rose.

1 hour ago, LamarHampton said:

This is straight garbage. I would almost certainly bail on watching this team for at least the rest of the season.

This sounds much more reasonable to me. But who would run point in NYK? Seems like something is still missing here, but much more tolerable for me than that other ish

The alleged deal indicated Schröder would be going to the Knicks, so there's the answer to your point guard question.

Side note the Knicks have backed out of the trade due to them not being able to find a valid replacement for Rose assuming he was to be dealt to Cleveland. Amongst the rumor mill between the 3 squads here is what I've gathered

CLE-Rondo,Rose,and Collison all on there watch list

NYK-Trying to actively deal Rose and Noah however they haven't found the "right" deal much like us with Sap

ATL-THJ,Thabo,Splitter,and Sap are all being shopped. Anticipate this roster to look very different by weeks end. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

NYK-Trying to actively deal Rose and Noah however they haven't found the "right" deal much like us with Sap

ATL-THJ,Thabo,Splitter,and Sap are all being shopped. Anticipate this roster to look very different by weeks end. 

Rose - Marginal value

Noah - Negative value

Splitter - Negative value

Thabo - Solid value

Sap - Attractive

THJr - Solid value

1 minute ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

Side note the Knicks have backed out of the trade due to them not being able to find a valid replacement for Rose assuming he was to be dealt to Cleveland. Amongst the rumor mill between the 3 squads here is what I've gathered

Collison seems unlikely since NOP is trying desperately to make the playoffs.

NYK can't find  the 'right' deal for Noah because no one wants that contract.

1 minute ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

ANOTHER SIDE NOTE Korver deal to be done and completed by midday Tomorrow. So anticipate us to either eat the Dunleavy money and keep him or find a 3rd team to deal with. 

2 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

ANOTHER SIDE NOTE Korver deal to be done and completed by midday Tomorrow. So anticipate us to either eat the Dunleavy money and keep him or find a 3rd team to deal with. 

Why would someone trade for him if we are going to buy him out?  They can just sign him off waivers, assuming anyone would want him.

9 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

Why isn't Bazemore being shopped?

• Like 1

Just now, Watchman said:

Why would someone trade for him if we are going to buy him out?  They can just sign him off waivers, assuming anyone would want him.

Who knows... this deal should've been done last night I mean I'm not no capologist by any means but Dunleavy+picks for Korver seems like a pretty straight forward deal. 

I said it on twitter, now I'll say it here.

Y'all, resigning Bazemore was a huge mistake. It's one that is so bad it traps this team. If they resign Millsap, there's not going to be much room to do more than little things. If the team ends up having to rebuild, this contract is a lot of the reason why.

Letting Bazemore go and trying to work a contract with Hardaway Jr would've been risky, but a better idea.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, AHF said:

Resigning Bazemore was a mistake.  The decision with THJr is going to be a hard one - compounded by the fact that you already "kept your young talent" last year with Bazemore and drafted more young talent at THJr's position.  Unlike baseball, you have a limited cap in basketball.  If you resign Bazmore for 12% of your cap and THJr for 12% of your cap you basically have kept two backup SGs for 1/4 of your payroll and doomed yourself.  

I get your point but it isn't that simple.

FWIW, Braves look like they are rounding into pretty good shape right now as well.

Rebuilds are painful, but they can work if done correctly. The Braves look like they'll be in good shape about 3-4 years after they decided to pull the plug on the core they had.

I don't think this year will be good for the Braves (but it should be improved), but after that they're going to be back on track.