• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sap off the market?

Vol4ever

9 minutes ago, ATLnightwing said:

Very good news. I hope this is indication that he's agreed to resign over the summer. He's not a superstar but he's our star. Def want Millsap to retire a Hawks, all effort and class.

Now lets try to acquire a Star wing and a backup PG

• Like 1

The Hawks were later prepared to deal him to the Raptors in July if Al Horford had re-signed with the team. 

Didn't know about this yet. What would Hawks have gotten in return? 

1 hour ago, GameTime said:

"Wants to finish the job" doesn't sound like a future commitment to my ears

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Now lets try to acquire a Star wing and a backup PG

I wish that we could go all in on Jimmy Butler
We have multiple picks to offer , young talent like Prince , and Bembry, and cap relief (Splitter, Scott ,ect.)
Get a third team involved if necessary .....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

Here's hoping we can resign him to a fair deal. If he lies to us like Horford did last season, well, we plebs need to rise up and go all uprising on his ass.

There's not such thing as a fair deal. Max or bust. Teams like Denver, Boston, Philly going to offer him the max.

56 minutes ago, ATLnightwing said:

Very good news. I hope this is indication that he's agreed to resign over the summer. He's not a superstar but he's our star. Def want Millsap to retire a Hawks, all effort and class.

I wouldn't trust anything unless he signed on the dotted line now.

21 minutes ago, swanlee said:

Good, pay the man till he retires and build around this core of Sap, DS, Howard, Baze, TH jr. We may not win a championship but we are going to be a playoff contender every year and may go places with some luck.

That's just sad. Need to have higher aspirations.

5 minutes ago, pimp said:

I wish that we could go all in on Jimmy Butler
We have multiple picks to offer , young talent like Prince , and Bembry, and cap relief (Splitter, Scott ,ect.)
Get a third team involved if necessary .....

Hawks don't have no real assets. Those picks are too high. Prince and Bremby are unproven. Teams got better assets out there like Denver and Boston.

9 minutes ago, BigDog90 said:

I wouldn't trust anything unless he signed on the dotted line now.

That's just sad. Need to have higher aspirations.

Well without him we may not even make playoffs. It's not sad to want our team to be as good as possible and it is with SAP in the lineup

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Ropadope said:

My question is what is Sap's cap hold this year and what will it be next year considering the different amounts he could sign for.  That, is the correct question. 

http://www.peachtreehoops.com/2016/7/8/11960364/millsap-s-next-contract-over-36-rule

His cap hold is 30 mil, starting max at 34 mil.

1 hour ago, rd79 said:

"Wants to finish the job" doesn't sound like a future commitment to my ears

Does to me: finish the job he was brought here and this team is being built to do. I believe you're a lil' "lost in translation." In this country, when your heart is in a place that you want to be and finish the job with, that means stay put where you love/are loved until the championship is brought home. That's the only finish to the job :declare:

Edited by hazer
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, swanlee said:

Well without him we may not even make playoffs. It's not sad to want our team to be as good as possible and it is with SAP in the lineup

What good is that when with him you aren't going to win a title.