• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bazemore is worse than Marvin Williams

bleachkit

Bazemore had a BRUTAL December:

GP MIN FGM-FGA FG% 3PM-3PA 3P% FTM-FTA FT% OR DR REB AST BLK STL PF TO PTS
12 27.1 3.0-8.9 .336 0.4-2.7 .156 1.3-2.5 .533 0.7 2.4 3.1 2.8 0.8 0.7 2.3 1.7 7.8

His January numbers are on the upswing, hopefully they keep rising:

GP MIN FGM-FGA FG% 3PM-3PA 3P% FTM-FTA FT% OR DR REB AST BLK STL PF TO PTS
8 25.9 3.8-9.1 .411 1.8-4.1 .424 2.1-2.9 .739 0.9 2.0 2.9 2.3 0.3 1.1 2.3 0.8 11.4

He's playing approximately 2 less minutes, His 3pt % has almost tripled, his freethrow % is now a respectable 73% and his turnovers are down by half.

On 1/14/2017 at 8:39 AM, TheNorthCydeRises said:

The numbers don't lie though.  

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/bazemke01.html

Baze currently has a 9.5 PER and a .025 Win Score/48 . . . as a starter.

That's almost impossible.

Even Prince, with as little playing time he's received so far, is at 9.9 PER . . . ( .054 ) WS/48.   That sucks . . but it's better than Baze.

So I'm about to do a player search to see if someone who is getting the minutes of Baze, is playing worse than he is.

Over 1000 minutes . . . PER of 10 or under . . . WS/48 of under ( .030 )

I do that search, and only THREE players come up.

Brandon Ingram ( LA Lakers ) . . . Emmanuel Mudiay ( Denver ) . . . and Kent Bazemore

But those guys are 19 and 20.  Baze is 27 years old.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=single&type=totals&per_minute_base=36&per_poss_base=100&season_start=1&season_end=-1&lg_id=NBA&age_min=0&age_max=99&is_playoffs=N&height_min=0&height_max=99&year_min=2017&year_max=2017&birth_country_is=Y&as_comp=gt&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&pos_is_f=Y&pos_is_fg=Y&pos_is_fc=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_cf=Y&force%3Apos_is=1&c1stat=mp&c1comp=gt&c1val=1000&c2stat=per&c2comp=lt&c2val=10&c3stat=ws_per_48&c3comp=lt&c3val=.030&c6mult=1.0&order_by=ws

UPDATED NUMBERS FOR BAZE:

PER:  10.4

WS/48:  .038

TS%:  .466

Still horrible, but trending upward, as JayBird said.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Pretty good is a bit of an overstatement for his January but I'll take any improvement we can get.  He was pretty brutal after January last year.  I'm hoping this year is the mirror image (i.e., he plays as well after January this year as he did through January last year). 

• Like 1

• Moderators

I know Bud likes Hardaway off the bench but that needs to change.   I think it'd do Baze good too.  Hardaway is the superior talent and there is no longer evidence of being bad defensively.   He should be a starter and it would put more pressure on the opposing defense so we wouldn't be coming from behind all the time.   If we had a scoring 3 I might feel differently but you can't have both starting wings (baze/thabo) be so weak offensively. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

I know Bud likes Hardaway off the bench but that needs to change.

Yeah, SG should be his for as many minutes he can play and stay healthy. Even in a weird game against poor defense in NY you can tell his creativity is really good and he scores. He, Sap and Dennis on the floor together makes us a threat to score on every possession.

• Like 1