• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bazemore is worse than Marvin Williams

bleachkit

I never understood the love for Baze last season. He was nothing more than an energy guy with very limited talent and sporadic play.

I just wish Bud didn't feel obligated to play him now solely based on his bloated  contract, while younger and  better talent sits court side. His play has not warranted starting or major minutes.  

5 minutes ago, Plastic Man said:

I never understood the love for Baze last season. He was nothing more than an energy guy with very limited talent and sporadic play.

I just wish Bud didn't feel obligated to play him now solely based on his bloated  contract, while younger and  better talent sits court side. His play has not warranted starting or major minutes.  

He's not a SF no matter how Bud tries to convince everyone.

• Premium Member
32 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Bazemore cannot finish at the rim to save his life. Critical plays at the end of the Celtics game, and he cannot convert at the rim, not even close. I thought Marvin was bad when he was a hawk, but man Bazemore just plain sucks. Why did we pay this guy? Let some other dumb team give him 70,000,000 for his mediocre game.

:Bud: We?  Why are you taking credit for my genius moves?

Sadly, it's a tie. Marvin sucked too. Marvin had the strength of a 3 year old...you know when they mention "functional strength"...3 year old Marv...Baze is a moron too though...uggghhh why didn't we just let Houston sign him. 

• Premium Member

We have to get rid of Bazemore. Bundle him up with Splitter and a first to get rid of him. He's toxic on the court. His bad play isn't just bad in of itself...he is literally taking minutes from players who have been far better than him this season.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Bazemore cannot finish at the rim to save his life. Critical plays at the end of the Celtics game, and he cannot convert at the rim, not even close. I thought Marvin was bad when he was a hawk, but man Bazemore just plain sucks. Why did we pay this guy? Let some other dumb team give him 70,000,000 for his mediocre game.

You talking bout that low Alley opp from Dalaney?   I don't fault him so much for that.  I fault him for trying to do too much on offense.  He needs to learn to be a slasher.  He's not a three point shooter.   He should watch some DeMarr Derozen footage and figure out how to let the game come to him. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, Sothron said:

We have to get rid of Bazemore. Bundle him up with Splitter and a first to get rid of him. He's toxic on the court. His bad play isn't just bad in of itself...he is literally taking minutes from players who have been far better than him this season.

I don't understand...How is Bazemore taking minutes from anyone?  Baze isn't putting himself in the game.  It has to be obvious to every one now.  1 person wanted him resigned, 1 person wants him to start and 1 person want to keep him on the team because he feels that he is that valuable and its not Bazemore.  Its the guy you want to package him in a trade and I'm here to tell you that its just not going to happen.  I would suggest to posters to just let this pipe dream go...BAZE IS GOING NOWHERE!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NiquesBiggestFan said:

Marvin Williams has been an NBA starter for how many years now?  No way Bazemore will have the NBA success that Marvin Williams has.  You don't just accidentally be an NBA starter for as many years as Marvin has. 

I only posted this because I feel it is somewhat a knock on Marvin.  Comparing the 2 isn't fair to Marvin Williams. 

If Baze is not as good as the greatest underachiever of all time, he's not too good is he?

Something really sad happened last night. As i was watching the highlights of Kyle score 18 points for the Cavs last night i realized i didn't quite hate them anymore with him on the team. Couple this with having to watch this shitshow from Bazemore every night and i have decided to take a month or so off from this. Maybe i will have a better attitude when i start watching again.

• Moderators

I feel like Bud only remembers Baze playing way over his head early last season and thinks that is his baseline.  Like his whole career before then, the second half of last season and this year don't count.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

I don't understand...How is Bazemore taking minutes from anyone?  Baze isn't putting himself in the game.  It has to be obvious to every one now.  1 person wanted him resigned, 1 person wants him to start and 1 person want to keep him on the team because he feels that he is that valuable and its not Bazemore.  Its the guy you want to package him in a trade and I'm here to tell you that its just not going to happen.  I would suggest to posters to just let this pipe dream go...BAZE IS GOING NOWHERE!

And that also means the Hawks are going nowhere as long as he gets a lot of playing time.