• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Kyrie Irving is a Flat-earther lol!!!!!!!

Eddielives

Draymond echoed his sentiments.  To be honest I don't care what a sports figure has to say about anything outside their sport.  Draymond as much as I love him needs to shut up when he's off the court.  Some would argue he needs to shut up on the court as well.

• Premium Member

One of my good friends married a guy from South Africa that is a flat Earth believer. I still can't wrap my head around it. He is otherwise an intelligent, nice person. But he believes the Earth is flat despite the obvious evidence that shows it is not.

• Moderators

Chains pulled!

http://www.thescore.com/nba/news/1235134-watch-kyrie-questions-why-people-care-that-he-thinks-earth-is-flat

"The fact that it's a social phenomenon that 'Kyrie thinks the world is flat' is hilarious to me," he said, according to Cleveland.com.

"It really doesn't have a relevance over my life. I just feel like the fact that it's even a conversation is hilarious."

So was he joking, then?

"It was just like a point that, the fact that it can actually be real news. Like, everything that's going on, that 'Kyrie Irving thinks the world is flat.' So, we can ask relevant questions about what's going on in the world," he added. "Like what's really going on, you know what I'm saying? Or what I really believe, or who I really am. That would be nice. But the fact that's what everyone got out of the podcast, that's hilarious to me."

Sure, Irving may think that Earth is flat. Or, which is looking more and more likely, he may have just been trying to make a point about how something so small can be blown up into a major news story.

~lw3

Wonder if satellites orbiting around the earth are fake news. Well in North Korea that truly is the case since almost every time they fire a missile they say a satellite was launched. Still, Kyrie seemingly makes a good point that the media makes everything all blowed up constantly. 

• Moderators

I heard they are trying to claim it is a commentary on 'fake news'.   But in reality this is really an epidemic in our society now.   Everyone is an expert on everything.   People know more about science, medicine, education, law, economics etc. than people who actually have studied these things their whole lives.   Eh, i read an article so i'm an expert now.

If the earth is flat then what's underneath it?

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

I heard they are trying to claim it is a commentary on 'fake news'.   But in reality this is really an epidemic in our society now.   Everyone is an expert on everything.   People know more about science, medicine, education, law, economics etc. than people who actually have studied these things their whole lives.   Eh, i read an article so i'm an expert now.

Cosigned.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

So many other questions - is it a square, a rectangle, a rombus?  Where in the world is the edge, somebody gotta live close to it at some point, walk to edge and tell us what's there. If the edge is water what holds the water at the edge or if it's a water fall where does the water go, sooo many other questions to add.

Or maybe we are just in a matrix :blush: