• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ryan Kelly signed for rest of season

Bankingitbig

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

That's ironic because I'm rooting hard for @hazer (if he takes the bet).  I'd love it if we signed someone much better than Patterson or Kelly and I'd happily wear my avatar of shame if Budcox pulls that one off.  I just strongly think it isn't likely.

Would you still root for @hazer if I offered my consultative services in selecting your new avi?

Get at me, haze.  I got some doozies for ol' AHoleF.

19 minutes ago, AHF said:

That's ironic because I'm rooting hard for @hazer (if he takes the bet).  I'd love it if we signed someone much better than Patterson or Kelly and I'd happily wear my avatar of shame if Budcox pulls that one off.  I just strongly think it isn't likely.

I got confused for a minute...I changed my post previously.

2 hours ago, AHF said:

@hazer

Here is my proposal:

If we keep Patterson and Kelly for the rest of the season, I pick your avatar for as long as we are in the post-season.

If we dump either Patterson and Kelly and sign someone with any kind of sizzle (i.e., a player other teams are excited to see cut and competing for), you get to pick my avatar for as long as we are in the post-season.

Push:  Some scenario like we drop Patterson to resign Gary Neal.  We shake hands and cheer the Hawks in the post-season.

Only avatar constraints are normal forum rules regarding appropriateness for the site.

Fair?

It's a bet. "Bet. Bet bet. Bet bet bet BET! BET BET BET!!! BET!!!!!" ~ Fred Flinstone

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm rooting hard for @AHF on this one.  Hope @hazer goes down in flames. lol.  Or  is the other way around....whoever wins for dumping Lamar and Kelly...that's my guy.

You're rooting for me @JayBirdHawk, I said they were just signed back as filler until we can pluck the buyout casualties ;)

2 hours ago, sturt said:

Gooooo HAZAAAAAAAAAARRRR!!!!

How any true Hawks fan could say differently is an abomination. Team first, board humor second, I always say. :)

What do I have to lose? Actually, if I lose I double lose: no improved players signed AND I'll have the Avatar of Shame. What the hell, let optimism rule!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Would you still root for @hazer if I offered my consultative services in selecting your new avi?

Get at me, haze.  I got some doozies for ol' AHoleF.

I was just thinking the same thing, this might be a collaborative effort ;)

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I got confused for a minute...I changed my post previously.

Just to clarify: I'm claiming Budcox will snag an upgrade off the buyout heap. @AHF is claiming Patterson and Kelly will both remain on the roster until things are over. If we pick up an improvement and cut either one of them, I win. Stand pat, @AHF wins. It's in the bag ;)

• Moderators
22 minutes ago, hazer said:

Just to clarify: I'm claiming Budcox will snag an upgrade off the buyout heap. @AHF is claiming Patterson and Kelly will both remain on the roster until things are over. If we pick up an improvement and cut either one of them, I win. Stand pat, @AHF wins. It's in the bag ;)

The upgrade has to be one desired by other teams and not someone just sitting around in FA.  If we pick up a free agent that nobody else is gunning for, it is a push.  Guys like Ryan Kelly and Gary Neal a week ago fit this description.  Somebody sitting around at home like Jarrett Jack or cruising in the D-League like Walter don't count as upgrades as they could have been signed instead of Kelly and Patterson.  We are talking about a Terrence Jones type of "ooh, he got cut and now Atlanta is cutting Kelly to sign him!" move.

15 minutes ago, AHF said:

The upgrade has to be one desired by other teams and not someone just sitting around in FA.  If we pick up a free agent that nobody else is gunning for, it is a push.  Guys like Ryan Kelly and Gary Neal a week ago fit this description.  Somebody sitting around at home like Jarrett Jack or cruising in the D-League like Walter don't count as upgrades as they could have been signed instead of Kelly and Patterson.  We are talking about a Terrence Jones type of "ooh, he got cut and now Atlanta is cutting Kelly to sign him!" move.

Of course, all along I've said "upgrade from the buyout" crowd. Look at @AHF starting to qualify the bet, getting nervous he is ;)

47 minutes ago, hazer said:

Uh oh, sounding like we might be having a funeral for ol haze.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/basketball/why-the-hawks-didn-wait-for-buyout-market-fill-roster/AzsunMzzuTmtUPdaWTrvaN/

“(The buyout market) is 100 percent a consideration,” Budenholzer said. “You look at that list. A little bit of the hard part of the buyout market is you don’t know until March 1. You do as much homework as possible. You do as much research as possible. You put those names on the board. Are you going to prefer one of those? You run some risk of either losing a Lamar or Ryan. Or just because a guy is bought out doesn’t mean he necessarily is going to choose you. You weigh all those things together, and we felt like our opinion and strength of conviction with Lamar and Ryan was such that we wanted to go ahead and sign them now.”

Don't sound like a dude willing to play the buyout game.  This is the curse of having the GM/coach combo.  Too close to the players to see that, despite how hard they work, they're not the answer.  SMDH

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, hazer said:

Of course, all along I've said "upgrade from the buyout" crowd. Look at @AHF starting to qualify the bet, getting nervous he is ;)

I'm just trying to make sure you aren't using some scrub like the ones we signed to claim victory.

I am confident in Bud doing his "Hawks being Hawks wloD-Leaguelvltalent" routine.

Edit:  @kg01 already coming through in that department, lol

51 minutes ago, sturt said:

I propose that avatar alma mater bashing should be off limits... some of us share schools in common. :)

I'm a fan of all teams listed by @hazer in his interests so he probably doesn't need to worry too much.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, kg01 said:

http://www.ajc.com/sports/basketball/why-the-hawks-didn-wait-for-buyout-market-fill-roster/AzsunMzzuTmtUPdaWTrvaN/

Don't sound like a dude willing to play the buyout game.  This is the curse of having the GM/coach combo.  Too close to the players to see that, despite how hard they work, they're not the answer.  SMDH

Naaaaaa, I read him quoted before as saying they'd be watching the buyout market. He's just covering his a$$ on signing those 2 scrubs as filler, until he cuts them for a buyout pickup. What's he gonna say "These 2 scrubs suck, but somebody has to work at practice."

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Jeez - Kelly has been an unsigned FA since we decided to walk from him almost 2 months ago.  We better hurry and beat the crowd forming around his door!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AHF said:

Jeez - Kelly has been an unsigned FA since we decided to walk from him almost 2 months ago.  We better hurry and beat the crowd forming around his door!

Best part of that article is that note that our CLE game will now be aired on BSPN replacing that epic ORL v MIA tilt.  Who in the heyul thought it a good idea to air that garbage arse game in the first place?