• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What should this team do this off-season?

NBASupes

Off-season plan: 

Draft trade targets: 
1. Melo
2. Butler
3. PG13
4. DeRozan

What I like about Melo is his value+contract+ability= His value is average, contract is bad and he has very good ability. I feel we can get  him and Noah for Dwight Howard and Kent Bazemore. Noah is a complete washed but he fits our system better than Dwight does. He's good at PnR. I would love to do a 3 team deal for Tyson Chandler, where Howard goes to the Suns or Noah goes to the Suns and we get Chandler.  

Butler is the best value, contract and ability but seeing what the Bulls want and their fans want, I just don't think we have the pieces to land him in Atlanta. We can try but I just don't see it. 

PG13 can be landed with the same package we offered in Feb but that's a terrible offer for a rental who doesn't have vasted interest in the  organization. 

DeRozan has the worst contract but his value is good and his ability is top notch and could be had if Toronto wants to rebuild. He's a player who could make Sap think about resigning. That said, he will be costly. 

If this doesn't work. 

We should rebuilding: 

The draft should be about BPA with an eye for a big man. PF or C. 

As for FA: 

1. Millsap- If he leaves, we should look at: Ersan(resigning), Amir Johnson or Patrick Patterson
2. Hardaway Jr- If he leaves, we should look at: Kyle Korver, Johnathan Simmons or Ben McLemore
3. Ersan- If he leaves, we should look at: I don't know or think we can replace Ersan like that. Not saying he's good, just saying that a backup PF isn't easy to find. Maybe Kelly Olynyk is a possibility. 
4. Calderon- If he leaves, we should look at: Sergio Rodiguez, Milos Teodosic or Darren Collison
5. Thabo- If he leaves, we should look at: P.J. Tucker, Luke Babbitt, Omri Casspi
6. Moose- I don't know or think we can replace Moose like that. Not saying he's good, just saying that 4th or 5th center is hard to find in the NBA.  

Don't think Bud sees Bembry as a big minute one or two so see Bembry backing up Prince and not going after a SF, he gets utility minutes as well. Thabo, like him but he has been injured for too many years now. Think we already know Bud's thought process on SG, whether we are willing to afford it or not is another thing, Tim and Baze. We can always wish but don't think he trades Baze so he would get utility minutes as well. Draft bigs and keep Ersan and I imagine he wants Moose here too. Maybe draft a point and figure a way to keep Jose and dump Delaney. Another wish there. FA is always a wild card but doesn't look so promising with our management. Who knows with Sap. Don't see Bud varying too much from this. Not very likely the ownership will put a ton of pressure on Bud this soon after assuming control whether they should or not. Might not be exciting but think its probably where we'll end up.  

I'm all about surrounding Dennis with the pieces to thrive at the game he plays.

There's no shortage of big 2 guards who can handle, defend, and shoot.  The jury is out whether or not Tim can be that full-time.  Bud was right to throw the sink at Butler, and to try again.  Him with Dennis and Prince would be murder.

We gotta have a 5 who can show and recover on the perimeter, pass at least average, and space the floor yet still defend the paint and board decently and a full-sized bruiser to back him up.  All these damn Nurkics and Jokics, where the hell is our -ic?

Lastly, a PG to spell and play alongside him.  Jack was the perfect fit but apparently he's done.  Clarkson would be nice.

@NBASupes love him some McElmore.  

• Like 2

Warning: Kind of long

I'm right back to where I was a little earlier, this offseason is about, do you believe in Schröder's future abilities or not?

If yes than you don't really have a team that fits his abilities. As STARTERS, unfortunately I don't really think Schröder and Tim fit together, even though their games are fun to watch together when it's actually working for Tim. Schröder and Howard aren't really a fit either.

Some realistic thoughts of what to do:

I think that secondary ballhandler that can help initiate the offense and potentially pass better in some ways is on the team in DeAndre Bembry. Have to hope he has a workable mid range jump shot though.
Please abandon the Malcolm Delaney experiment. See if you can sign someone like Beno Udrih, Ramon Sessions, etc to push him to the 3rd PG.
In the draft, take Patton/Rabb (or pick your favorite big man prospect or Donovan Mitchell) with your first round pick and whoever falls to 31st of Hart/Mushidi/Thornwell/etc (more possibilities obviously).
Let Hardaway Jr test the market and if he gets offered max deals, see you later. If the offers are just like 10-12 mill, then bring him back.
Either bring Paul Millsap back at the max (if supermax, I'd really waver with it though) or look into JaMychal Green at PF.

Let Muscala and Humphries walk. Consider bringing back Ilyasova.

Let's get bold:

If the Lakers do pick Lonzo Ball (or some other PG), do they really have a need for Jordan Clarkson? Who would they want for him though?
Does Sacramento just let Ben McLemore walk? If the Hawks end up having to let go of Tim Hardaway Jr, they should try to get him or see if they can snap up a guy like Ian Clark (I'm not considering this spot as a starter).

In my eyes, next year's starting lineup is...

Schröder/Bazemore/Prince/Millsap/Howard

But the best lineup is...

Schröder/Hardaway Jr (or someone else)/Bembry/Prince/Millsap (or Millsap at PF and "someone different at C")

I'm not sure who that "someone different" at C is. I'd need to do more in depth research on it. Bembry is in the best lineup due to his passing.

35 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Nothing....just enjoy the championship parade in Atlanta and look forward to defending their title in 2017-18.

Sounds like your still planning on collecting that six grand there guy.

• Like 1

Just now, Thomas said:

King Midas and all that huh. 

I'm actually weary of putting down money on the Hawks...specially considering that they don't really seem to like us or want us to make it to 7 games or want us to be on ABC lol. The crew at ABC would love to travel to Boston or LA but Atlanta...nah..smh

AT LEAST JUST LIST US ON ABC THEN SAY TBD...lol.

IMG_9731.PNG

6 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I'm actually weary of putting down money on the Hawks...specially considering that they don't really seem to like us or want us to make it to 7 games or want us to be on ABC lol. The crew at ABC would love to travel to Boston or LA but Atlanta...nah..smh

AT LEAST JUST LIST US ON ABC THEN SAY TBD...lol.

IMG_9731.PNG

To be very repetitive here, same as it ever was. Always the love for the Boston - L.A. matchup. "But not I" said the Little Red Hen.

What about one retooling year:

Someone will overpay THjr and Millsap. It's obvious that Sap is a great player but the Hawks have to take a step back.

-trade Howard and the Cavs' firstrounder or a couple of secondroundpicks for nothing (his trade value is negative at the moment)

-keep Baze because you would have to give up too much to trade him

- draft Hartenstein(move 3-5 spots up if necessary)-> send him to the dleague (3-4 months)

-31st pick could be a steal if Rabb/Mushidi are still available

resign Ily and Sefo, both are valuable vets and good for team chemistry

-resign Moose, simply because his contract will be cheap and he's a nice guy:Moose:

-sign Felicio(30-40/3)

-sign Cordonier

Rotation (start of the season):   Schröder(Bembry)-Baze(Cordonier)-TP(Sefo)-Ily(?)-Felicio/Moose 

->32 wins

Tanking isn't an option for us (-> no Doncic/Porter/Ayton). Bonga/Carter could be in our range and I like both.

On 4/27/2017 at 7:33 PM, Lurker said:

In my eyes, next year's starting lineup is...

Schröder/Bazemore/Prince/Millsap/Howard

But the best lineup is...

Schröder/Hardaway Jr (or someone else)/Bembry/Prince/Millsap (or Millsap at PF and "someone different at C")

I'm not sure who that "someone different" at C is. I'd need to do more in depth research on it. Bembry is in the best lineup due to his passing.

Sap came out today saying he was most likely opting out.

Honestly at this point I would say do everything possible to bring in a guy who you can ride. You know a star. One that makes his own shots, can carry a team on bad nights, and be feared. 

My guess is they will grab some more roster fodder, keep Baze, barely make the playoffs and try to sell us on that is the goal.

The league is all but ruined by these unthinkable salaries.  You're stuck with every FA bum who doesn't work out.  Who the hell is gonna "rent" Kenneth at $19M?  Let alone the draft lottery was designed to function properly for only about the initial 10 years, it's been off the rails for about 20.  It seems impossible to make a trade when the dollar-per-production and varying pay scales are so skewed.  I don't blame Bird for getting out this shit one bit.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1