• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is it just me or...

JSmooooove

Do we seem to play much better against the best competition? Seems like we play awful against the awful teams but we always are neck and neck with the best teams in the league. And half the time it seems like we win. Anyone else notice this? Just trying to have some optimism that we'll turn it on for the playoffs. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, JSmooooove said:

Do we seem to play much better against the best competition? Seems like we play awful against the awful teams but we always are neck and neck with the best teams in the league. And half the time it seems like we win. Anyone else notice this? Just trying to have some optimism that we'll turn it on for the playoffs. 

It really seems to be true. Know what your saying but I am just not ready to put the Green up there with the Cavs and Spurs whom we beat. Just hate the Celtics so much, you know, don't want to rank them so far up there. Tonight showed that the glass matters just like in the playoffs against the Cavs las year. And guess who improved their rebounding for this season. 

This was true in December.

After the Spurs game, outside of a miracle vs Houston, the Hawks were looking completely overmatched against good teams that were faced.

It was just masked because January was such a weak schedule.

If the December version of Dennis is back, this might be fine.

• Like 2

• Moderators
11 hours ago, Lurker said:

This was true in December.

After the Spurs game, outside of a miracle vs Houston, the Hawks were looking completely overmatched against good teams that were faced.

It was just masked because January was such a weak schedule.

If the December version of Dennis is back, this might be fine.

This exactly.   We lost against every decent team in January/February.   But I'd love to turn a corner.   

We definitely play down to the competition. We've lost so many winnable games it's annoying. We could be sitting at #2 right if we hadn't lost half the games we have to sorry competition. We are just as deadly as any team in the 2-5 range. But we are also just a likely to lose to any team under .500. That's poor locker room leadership. Guys like DH, Dennis, and Baze are not doing their job as leaders. I didn't mention Paul because I'm pretty sure he is always focused night in and out. He just doesn't have the on court dog consistently enough to lead by example

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

We definitely play down to the competition. We've lost so many winnable games it's annoying. We could be sitting at #2 right if we hadn't lost half the games we have to sorry competition. We are just as deadly as any team in the 2-5 range. But we are also just a likely to lose to any team under .500. That's poor locker room leadership. Guys like DH, Dennis, and Baze are not doing their job as leaders. I didn't mention Paul because I'm pretty sure he is always focused night in and out. He just doesn't have the on court dog consistently enough to lead by example

Bud had a good game plan for Boston: slow the pace, guard the 3 point line, pound the ball inside.   But Boston missed a bunch of open 3s too so I'm not getting too overconfident.    Our shooting is still a problem.   We will struggle against teams that play D and can rebound.  

• Like 1