• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks close on Calderon

Vol4ever

@JayBirdHawk which is better salary cap wise?

The Hawks can either try to claim Calderon off waivers themselves Saturday at 5 p.m. and absorb the roughly $400,000 that Golden State owes him for the balance of the season. Or they can choose to sign Calderon to a veteran minimum deal of their own when he clears waivers.

3 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

The Hawks can either try to claim Calderon off waivers themselves Saturday at 5 p.m. and absorb the roughly $400,000 that Golden State owes him for the balance of the season. Or they can choose to sign Calderon to a veteran minimum deal of their own when he clears waivers.

tumblr_lof5gxZA2c1qcpjzy.gif~c200

We have the Mo Williams TPE ($2.1 mil ish), Mike Scott $3.3 we even have one for Tiago ($150,000.00), which counts against our current cap -  a portion of that can be used, but we might want to save that for next season.  

I don't know enough.

1 hour ago, Spud2Nique said:

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

tumblr_lof5gxZA2c1qcpjzy.gif~c200

We have the Mo Williams TPE ($2.1 mil ish), Mike Scott $3.3 we even have one for Tiago ($150,000.00), which counts against our current cap -  a portion of that can be used, but we might want to save that for next season.  

I don't know enough.

The Hawks intend to sign point guard Jose Calderon to fill their open roster spot, according to several people familiar with the situation. The impending signing was first reported by ESPN’s Marc Stein.

The deal is somewhat complicated in that Calderon has not cleared waivers. He has agreed to join the Hawks, who could claim him or wait until he clears waivers at 5 p.m. Saturday. The issue facing the Hawks and Calderon is whether another team with a worse record claims the point guard first.

The Hawks have had an open roster spot since last week when Lamar Patterson and the team mutually agreed to the player’s release to deal with a personal matter. The move came just days after Patterson signed a multi-year deal.

If some shite team screws us - I'mma be pissed.

Y'all have any ideas to help me choose @AHF's new avatar? Anyone remember which player he particularly despises? Who's the best meme maker on Squawk? This should be fun :afro:

• Like 1

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, hazer said:

Y'all have any ideas to help me choose @AHF's new avatar? Anyone remember which player he particularly despises? Who's the best meme maker on Squawk? This should be fun :afro:

I'm giving you the Avy either way because I'm happy to get him but (a) Patterson opted out so we never got to test whether Bud would cut him and (b) if no one claims him off waivers, don't know that he qualifies as someone we had to compete with other teams to get cause they could just claim him.

Basically, I'm happy to get him but still don't think Bud had any intention to cut Patterson or Kelly to pursue someone.  Would have liked to see that play out.

• Like 1

Oh man, no idea where to put this.  Ric Bucher's talking about the EC teams that CLE shld fear the most.  His pic .... your Atlanta Hawks.

Says we're best built to challenge them now.

His 4 Keys:

1.  Dominant pg to make Kyme work.  BroBron is a great defender but does take plays off more than folks admit to.  A good pg opponent forces james to spend less time as a help defender.  Says folks are sleeping on how good Dennis is particularly his mindset.  Wants to eat your lunch every nite.  There's a reason they got rid of Jeff.  Was a 'nice' team, but no killer instink.  Says this is also why Alicia is gone.

2. A scoring wang to tax James enough.  Again, to minimize his rest on d.

3. A big to neutralize TT.

4. Athleticism.  Dirty lil secret of Cavs is they actually lack athleticism.  Make them run, exposes them.  Outside 3 guys, they're all unathletic role  players.

Now, I hate Ric honestly and I think he's just trying to drive calls with this narrative.  Still, there's a lot of truth to what he's proposing.

If we play Delaney over Jose I'm gonna lose it...I don't care about defense when it comes to the minimal difference in D between Delaney and Jose. Jose does suck at D but so does Malcolm.

Despite Delaney’s shortcomings as a shooter, the Hawks have been consistently better with him on the court than on the bench. Calderon can hit open 3s, run an offense without making mistakes and keep the ball moving, but his defensive deficiencies mean he’s no lock to unseat Delaney as Schröder’s primary backup. Atlanta definitely needed more point guard depth, though, and Calderon provides that. 

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, DUrce1 said:

I don't like that this has leaked while he's still on waivers. Someone below us in the standings will pick him up to block us from getting him.

If they want him.