• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dennis being benched

thecampster

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

LOL . . . exactly.  We might beat the Nets, but what if they push us well into the 4th quarter?  And what if it's not Dennis' fault?  That means that things are NOT OK.

Honestly, if it wasn't for THJ bailing this team out with his scoring the past 3 games - ( 26.3 ppg - 57% FG - 46% 3FG ) - this thing would look a whole hell of a lot worse.

Yup. Without THJ, I think we would be fighting the Pistons for 8th. SMH...What the hell happened to us in just 2 years.

I say target when LeHoe's kid is coming to the draft, 2023 or 2024, and TANK accordingly. Ahhhhh who am I kidding, we would tank and have the worst record and end up with the 2nd pick right after LeBaby's offspring went 1st...

Just another day in the life of a Hawk fan.

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

LOL . . . exactly.  We might beat the Nets, but what if they push us well into the 4th quarter?  And what if it's not Dennis' fault?  That means that things are NOT OK.

Honestly, if it wasn't for THJ bailing this team out with his scoring the past 3 games - ( 26.3 ppg - 57% FG - 46% 3FG ) - this thing would look a whole hell of a lot worse.

What do you mean?  We lost the last 3 games.   Or did you mean last 3 wins?   

All I can say is can we ban these unis now?

Untitled.png

• Like 4

5 hours ago, kg01 said:

This "analysis" feels incomplete.

Are you accounting for the fact that at least 2 (maybe even 3) starters have extended periods when they should never even peer towards the rim with thoughts of hurling a "shot" at it?

In this era of the NBA, the point guard is so much more of a scoring position that I think we simply have to rethink these preconceived notions that the 1 should just rack up assists and score like 8-12 points per game.  It doesn't work like that anymore.

Does he need to play better?  Obviously, yes.  However, that can be said about everyone on the team with the exception of maybe THJr.

Agree with this, with the wing suckage at an all time high that affects Dennis' assists nbrs, when he forces the issue with Dwight it leads to more turnovers. Comparing him to veteran CP is a nonstarter for me - look who he's passing to compared to Dennis.

Dennis is learning to balance his ability to score vs running the team and keeping everyone engaged.

5 hours ago, Lurker said:

It's honestly amazing to see how comically overrated Dwight Howard gets. This is who Howard is now. A 14/12 guy at the most that should only be looked to offensively when he doesn't have to make more than one move.

It's honestly amazing to see how you can turn a Schröder thread into something about Dwight.  Who has overrated him?  He has pretty much done what I've expected of him this season.

#agenda

• Like 2

I think Dennis is fine numbers wise but I do agree with the benching and that it probably was needed after reading more into the situation.

If he learns how to use his motivation and mentality in a positive way on the court he can only improve.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

- 4 out of 5 starters are different

- The league has figured Bud out

- 2 yrs ago we had shooters and passers that fit the system. Now we don't.

- 2 yrs ago we had guys that could set good picks. Now we have none.

- 2 yrs ago we had 2 hustle wings that could come in and change the game in their limited minutes. Now those two guys are starting and playing too many minutes.

- 2 yrs ago the Hawks could control the pace of the game... Now they fight to stay in games most nights.

- 2 yrs ago this team had no dynamic personalites... Now it has two.

1 hour ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

Two more:

- 2 yrs ago we had Carroll and he could hit 3's aND take the ball to the  basket just enough to keep defense honest. Now Baze is trying to do it.

- Delaney is the backup instead of Dennis and Mack.

Wow, Hots....good take. Hammer meet nail.

4 hours ago, macdaddy said:

What do you mean?  We lost the last 3 games.   Or did you mean last 3 wins?   

All I can say is can we ban these unis now?

Untitled.png

Agreed. But ain't gonna lie, that blue-and-green 44 sure is fly and I plan on getting one. They just don't belong in live games...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

Two more:

- 2 yrs ago we had Carroll and he could hit 3's aND take the ball to the  basket just enough to keep defense honest. Now Baze is trying to do it.

- Delaney is the backup instead of Dennis and Mack.

Bingo.The freshPrince starting at 3 and The Fro backing up the 1 would fix this.

• Like 3

When you look at Kent Bazemore and Thabo Sefolosha being 3-10, it's easy to see how it's hard to get assists.

To top it off, it's against a terrible team. Bazemore and Thabo literally aren't good offensively and it wouldn't matter who they played with.

• Like 2

I mean right now, he kind of has to share the first option with Millsap and Hardaway Jr has to be the second option (and he comes off the bench, good lord have mercy).

Not today but tomorrow, I'll post the three players shot attempts since January.

Edited by Lurker
  • Like 2

• Moderators
16 hours ago, AUhawksfan said:

It's honestly amazing to see how you can turn a Schröder thread into something about Dwight.  Who has overrated him?  He has pretty much done what I've expected of him this season.

#agenda

Frankly i think Dwight has been better than most expected.   There were big concerns about his locker room presence and I think he's been great in that respect.   There were also concerns that he would be in constant foul trouble picking up cheap ones and that hasn't happened.   Early on, his screens were terrible but he has improved tremendously in that department.    

And while 53% FT shooting still sucks, i think he has improved.  He shot over 60% for december and January but has regressed some.   Still he seems to hit them when they count and the issue hasn't been a huge liability for the team. 

• Like 1

I promised to post Millsap, Schröder, and Hardaway Jr's shot attempts average since the start of the year, and now here it is:

Millsap: 14.3 shots
Schröder: 15.1 shots
Hardaway Jr: 12.7 shots

That's not bad. It could be closer to even between Millsap and Schröder but this distribution is fine, these are your best 3 offensive players.

Here's what's not fine:

Bazemore: 10.1 shots

• Moderators
18 hours ago, Lurker said:

I promised to post Millsap, Schröder, and Hardaway Jr's shot attempts average since the start of the year, and now here it is:

Millsap: 14.3 shots
Schröder: 15.1 shots
Hardaway Jr: 12.7 shots

That's not bad. It could be closer to even between Millsap and Schröder but this distribution is fine, these are your best 3 offensive players.

Here's what's not fine:

Bazemore: 10.1 shots

I'd be fine with Baze at 10 if they were quality shots and not running 10 foot floaters.     Baze's 2 pt % is basically dead last on the team at 43%.   (prince is last but small sample).     Hardaway is shooting 53% on 2s.   

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I'd be fine with Baze at 10 if they were quality shots and not running 10 foot floaters.     Baze's 2 pt % is basically dead last on the team at 43%.   (prince is last but small sample).     Hardaway is shooting 53% on 2s.   he didn't suck at shooting.

Agree, @macdaddy

• Like 3