I'm just tired

DJlaysitup

Rinse - repeat:

Then he said that the 92.9FM Hawks player of the game was Dennis Schröder who was 10 for 24 from the field - had a few assists and turnovers - and was benched at some point for arguing with the referees instead of getting back on defense and gave up a wide open 3.

12 hours ago, DJlaysitup said:

Then he said that the 92.9FM Hawks player of the game was Dennis Schröder who was 10 for 24 from the field - had a few assists and turnovers - and was benched at some point for arguing with the referees instead of getting back on defense and gave up a wide open 3.

Dennis was actually laying on the ground after what he thought was a foul.  I guess he thought laying there was going to make a point but one of the officials actually stepped around him to get down to the other end of the floor.

I'm in the 6th Man Section and was there yesterday and I can tell you, we were just disgusted at that point.  We are expected to remain positive and cheer on the team no matter what, but it's hard to get behind a team when some of the players aren't even trying.  

I know many people thought Kyle was washed up, but this team is really missing his leadership and, more than anything, the professionalism he brought on the floor.  

I'm mostly mad because of Barkley's comments from the beginning of the season and this team making that correct.

• Like 3

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, HopefulHawksFan said:

Dennis was actually laying on the ground after what he thought was a foul.  I guess he thought laying there was going to make a point but one of the officials actually stepped around him to get down to the other end of the floor.

I'm in the 6th Man Section and was there yesterday and I can tell you, we were just disgusted at that point.  We are expected to remain positive and cheer on the team no matter what, but it's hard to get behind a team when some of the players aren't even trying.  

I know many people thought Kyle was washed up, but this team is really missing his leadership and, more than anything, the professionalism he brought on the floor.  

I'm mostly mad because of Barkley's comments from the beginning of the season and this team making that correct.

Couldn't agree more.   This was a shaky team to begin with.  Sap going down  left a huge leadership void.     This season is toast.   Bud has a lot of work to do in the offseason.   This summer will show us if he can really build a team because we've certainly taken a step back.   That happens to everyone though and it's how you respond that shows whether we've really built a winning culture or not.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HopefulHawksFan said:

Gee, wonder if he'll just let it go if we completely fall out? Don't want us to be the ones to prove him right for once in a blue moon because we will truly never hear the end of it.  

• Like 1

I haven't been watching, but that's because the minute the Hawks got Dwight, I knew it was going to be painful to see. When they traded Korver for seemingly no reason, they lost whatever enthusiasm I had for the season. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, DJlaysitup said:

Never change your avatar AHF - while I appreciate your opinions - I mostly look for your posts just to see that Doll in blue and white :biggrin:

I'm scheduled to lose the avatar for a month or so whenever my betting partner gets around to picking a replacement.  She'll be back, though.

9 minutes ago, AHF said:

I'm scheduled to lose the avatar for a month or so whenever my betting partner gets around to picking a replacement.  She'll be back, though.

What did you lose a bet on? Lol.

9 hours ago, DJlaysitup said:

Rinse - repeat:

Then he said that the 92.9FM Hawks player of the game was Dennis Schröder 

That says MORE about the REST of the team actually.

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

That says MORE about the REST of the team actually.

Exactly JBH...it shows that without our one trustworthy player (Milllsap) we are a mess - but at least Dennis can keep us close in the third quarter - against a 15 win team at home - oops 16 win team now.

I didn't watch all of the game, but he played fine after a poor start, just don't think he was the player of the game even in a bad loss like this, Prince probably was.

This says it all:

"Taurean Prince gets off to a good, active start. Oh, let's use normal rotations and sub in an old Dunleavy after 6 mins!"

*Nets go on a long, long run*

That run got stopped when Dennis came in, but neither he, nor an active and motivated Dwight were able to will a win against a very bad team. Wait, the Nets have more wins against the Hawks in March.

The Nets.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

"Taurean Prince gets off to a good, active start. Oh, let's use normal rotations and sub in an old Dunleavy after 6 mins!"

*Nets go on a long, long run*

I am so over Dunleavy.  Just makes the Korver trade that much more painful.  Sure, we got the pick too, but Dunleavy is in our face, so obviously NOT KK in any way.  Sickening. 

I did see a lot of good stuff from Taurean yesterday.  I guess we have to hold onto those little glimmers of hope for the future.  

This is basically your short summary of the game, and it sounds familiar, except with a guy that had played well getting off to a terrible start:

The starters got off to a fairly good start despite the guards not shooting well, but Bud, keeping to his "normal" rotations subbed in Dunleavy at the 6 minute mark (for a young guy, mind you) and Muscala later. During this entire period, the Nets went on a long, long run, and it worsened with all of the starters out.

When Dennis returned to the game, with Calderon alongside him, the Hawks responded to that run but the damage had effectively been done, for an offense that has been very poor.

So your sad, sad truth is in all honesty, guys like Muscala and Dunleavy are not more talented than Nets players.

Nets players.

Players off of the worst team in the league.

The bench just lost, straight up.

33 minutes ago, Lurker said:

This is basically your short summary of the game, and it sounds familiar, except with a guy that had played well getting off to a terrible start:

The starters got off to a fairly good start despite the guards not shooting well, but Bud, keeping to his "normal" rotations subbed in Dunleavy at the 6 minute mark (for a young guy, mind you) and Muscala later. During this entire period, the Nets went on a long, long run, and it worsened with all of the starters out.

When Dennis returned to the game, with Calderon alongside him, the Hawks responded to that run but the damage had effectively been done, for an offense that has been very poor.

So your sad, sad truth is in all honesty, guys like Muscala and Dunleavy are not more talented than Nets players.

Nets players.

Players off of the worst team in the league.

The bench just lost, straight up.

Al Horford made our scrubs looks reasonable decent off the bench. He's gone, so is their impact. 

9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Al Horford made our scrubs looks reasonable decent off the bench. He's gone, so is their impact. 

Bazemore was just as bad last season.

A healthy Mike Scott and Dennis off the bench had a lot to do with a better bench last season as well.  Add Thabo to the bench list as well from last season.

9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Bazemore was just as bad last season.

A healthy Mike Scott and Dennis off the bench had a lot to do with a better bench last season as well.  Add Thabo to the bench list as well from last season.

All of their numbers with Horford was top notch for bench players in 5-man unit data, I made a thread about it last season. 

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

All of their numbers with Horford was top notch for bench players in 5-man unit data, I made a thread about it last season. 

They were also better than whatever the hell we a trotting out this season with or without Horford.

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

They were also better than whatever the hell we a trotting out this season with or without Horford.

Outside of Tim, our bench is MUCH worse. But some of this is players like Hump, Moose and Scott who played decently last year and suck this year.