• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Pros and Cons for making/missing the playoffs

HawkItus

11 hours ago, Lurker said:

It took a while but we finally fully saw what we needed to see vs Milwaukee, especially in the 2nd half. I'm not sure what took so long. Once Millsap was out you needed to turn the offense over to the guards period.

You really have no other choice.

The guards have been trying to take over the offense.  It's just that Dennis had been sucking and Delaney was giving you nothing.  THJ was at least steady.  The Hawks definitely played well enough to win yesterday.  They just had no answer for Giannis.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

IMG_9286.GIF

IMG_9285.GIF

WWWD ( What Would Woody Do? )

Check out this box score from the 2008 season, in which the Hawks were a sub .500 team, but in position to make the playoffs for the first time in 8 years.

http://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=280402001

Look at the minutes played for the Hawks.   That's what Bud may need to do, in order to make the playoffs.

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

The guards have been trying to take over the offense.  It's just that Dennis had been sucking and Delaney was giving you nothing.  THJ was at least steady.  The Hawks definitely played well enough to win yesterday.  They just had no answer for Giannis.

Against Charlotte they looked like they were under instructions to stay unselfish. Kinda the same with Washington. It was finally vs Milwaukee were Bud was like f*** I can't do that.

On 3/23/2017 at 0:32 PM, Spud2Nique said:

Nope. About nailed it. Higher pick but only a few spots in the draft. My ideal scenario would be for the Celtics to grab the #1 seed and us to land to #8...that way we would be in the playoffs, avoid the Cavs till round 3 if we somehow get there, AND, a higher pick than being stuck in the 5 seed. 

In conclusion...we beat the Celts in a 1/8 matchup then we beat the Raps/Wiz in the 2nd round and get to face Cleveland in round 3. 

And get the 15th or 16th pick in the draft..(Nuggets are currently 8th in the west at 34-37, while we are 3 games ahead at 37-34).

I agree with this alot.

We're too good to fail, yet we're too flawed to contend for a championship.  We're not quite in NBA purgatory, yet we're not anywhere close to an elite caliber team.

On 3/23/2017 at 0:32 PM, Spud2Nique said:

In conclusion...we beat the Celts in a 1/8 matchup then we beat the Raps/Wiz in the 2nd round and get to face Cleveland in round 3. And get the 15th or 16th pick in the draft..(Nuggets are currently 8th in the west at 34-37, while we are 3 games ahead at 37-34).

Purple haze, all in my brain... Lately things they don't seem the same...Guess anything is possible though

• Like 1