• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Pros and Cons for making/missing the playoffs

HawkItus

4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Their best bet is to play Cleveland. Even if they made it, they can still mark up the tickets for a sellout crowd

It's sad but the only thing I'd like the Hawks to do is win one game against Cleveland....just one freaking game in the postseason and I'll be happy!!!

Get that monkey off our back. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AUhawksfan said:

It's sad but the only thing I'd like the Hawks to do is win one game against Cleveland....just one freaking game in the postseason and I'll be happy!!!

Get that monkey off our back. 

Agreed. As crazy as it sounds I think we can get 2 games vs the Cavs. 

Personally i want a 3/6 Wiz or Raps vs Hawks series..I'd also take a 2/7 Celts vs Hawks series...

A couple of weeks ago we beat the Raptors and were actually fighting them for fourth seed. Now we're six games behind them with ten games left. Definition of a really bad slide, hoping it doesn't end up a full collapse the last ten. On the other side of the coin the cracks in LeBron's mental armor lately are legit with I'm guessing his concern of the playoff opponents coming up because Boston, Washington and Miami all seem capable of taking the Cavs right now to me. Trying to keep it interesting.

They have to make the playoffs just for the sheer fact that if they miss it, Charles Barkley will have been right in his preseason prediction, and who wants that? 

Not to mention all that time and effort heckling him about it on twitter, or the missed opportunities in the future after they're in. 

They HAVE to make it. No other outcome possible. Why is this even a question? 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

They have to make the playoffs just for the sheer fact that if they miss it, Charles Barkley will have been right in his preseason prediction, and who wants that? 

Not to mention all that time and effort heckling him about it on twitter, or the missed opportunities in the future after they're in. 

We r in...even though we are like 3.5 games from being out doesn't matter for the simple fact that the Pistons and Bulls suck...strength of schedule as well. 

If we miss the playoffs, self ban 1 month. 

1 hour ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

I hope they miss the playoffs. If they do make it, maybe they get swept. More positives for the team to fall back on just means a lesser chance of any real changes being made. Bud should be on the hot seat right now. The team has only been good for 1 of his 4 seasons here.

There's nobody out there better than Bud in my opinion. Honestly, we need some talent is what the we should address this summer. For the roster that we currently have, which coach do you think would have done better?

There are a few coaches out there like Jeff Van Gundy, Sam Mitchell, Byron Scott and a few more but none could do better than Bud.

Do you have any coaches in mind?

15 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

There's nobody out there better than Bud in my opinion. Honestly, we need some talent is what the we should address this summer. For the roster that we currently have, which coach do you think would have done better?

There are a few coaches out there like Jeff Van Gundy, Sam Mitchell, Byron Scott and a few more but none could do better than Bud.

What does Bud offer besides copying Pop's system?

He puts out terrible line up's, he is extremely slow to make adjustments when things don't work out, he is terrible at drawing up plays during key parts of the game, he has lost his team and he fails to adjust his style despite a change in the roster. This doesn't even take into account his failures as a GM. Bud has messed this team up so bad that he needs to go because of that alone.

There is no reason to believe that he can fix this team.

Edited by Hotlanta1981
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

He puts out terrible line up's, he is extremely slow to make adjustments when things don't work out, he is terrible at drawing up plays during key parts of the game, he has lost his team and he fails to adjust his style despite a change in the roster. This doesn't even take into account his failures as a GM. Bud has messed this team up so bad that he needs to go because of that alone.

I'd say he's not great at drawing up plays but that's really his only issue. 

Also, can you name anyone that would be better for us? Like anyone out there. 

I haven't really looked.

You don't count his poor lineup's as an issue? The team had to lose something like 11 out of 13 games before he would even make a change to the starters. That's nuts. He continues to start Thabo and Baze together... He continues to play Delaney. His defensive gameplan is terrible and i is too outdated for today's NBA.

Edited by Hotlanta1981
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

His defensive gameplan is terrible and i is too outdated for today's NBA.

Outdated?

I agree with some of the lineup changes like playing Prince and Bembry more and Delaneysucks and Baze less.

I just think he's got too much of a workload to be coach and GM. Again, just not sure somebody else would do better.

Id like to critique him more but only after he gets an all star or at least some better players.

29 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Outdated?

I agree with some of the lineup changes like playing Prince and Bembry more and Delaneysucks and Baze less.

I just think he's got too much of a workload to be coach and GM. Again, just not sure somebody else would do better.

Id like to critique him more but only after he gets an all star or at least some better players.

You can't only worry about shutting down the paint these days. Leaving shooters open could work 10-12 years ago, but the league is built on outside shooting now. Bud doesn't seem to want to accept that. If Howard can't defend the paint better without everyone collapsing in the paint to help he just isn't worth starting considering all the other weaknesses he has in today's NBA.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

7 hours ago, bird_dirt said:

Damn.  Forgot about Barkley's prediction.

vor 4 Stunden, Hotlanta1981 sagte:

Thank you. The whole lobbying for Bud has to stop. 

I'd say he's at least responsible for half of our losses.

5 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

I would have gone to a 7 man rotation ( 8 at the most ), once I saw the bench sucked.

Image result for mike woodson

9 minutes ago, StephenHawking said:

I'd say he's at least responsible for half of our losses.

IMG_9286.GIF

9 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I would have gone to a 7 man rotation ( 8 at the most ), once I saw the bench sucked.

Image result for mike woodson

IMG_9285.GIF

It took a while but we finally fully saw what we needed to see vs Milwaukee, especially in the 2nd half. I'm not sure what took so long. Once Millsap was out you needed to turn the offense over to the guards period.

You really have no other choice.