• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Pros and Cons for making/missing the playoffs

HawkItus

For me it is really a 50/50 proposition on why should or shouldn't make the playoffs.

Make

• anything could happen
  • experience for the young guys
  • team makes money
  • more games
  • enhances interests to watch the playoffs

Miss

• anything could happen
  • early start on the off season
  • don't have to watch this group anymore
  • can ignore the playoffs

Am I missing anything?

• Like 3

Nope. About nailed it. Higher pick but only a few spots in the draft. My ideal scenario would be for the Celtics to grab the #1 seed and us to land to #8...that way we would be in the playoffs, avoid the Cavs till round 3 if we somehow get there, AND, a higher pick than being stuck in the 5 seed. 

In conclusion...we beat the Celts in a 1/8 matchup then we beat the Raps/Wiz in the 2nd round and get to face Cleveland in round 3. 

And get the 15th or 16th pick in the draft..(Nuggets are currently 8th in the west at 34-37, while we are 3 games ahead at 37-34).

1 minute ago, Spud2Nique said:

Nope. About nailed it. Higher pick but only a few spots in the draft. My ideal scenario would be for the Celtics to grab the #1 seed and us to land to #8...that way we would be in the playoffs, avoid the Cavs till round 3 if we somehow get there, AND, a higher pick than being stuck in the 5 seed. 

In conclusion...we beat the Celts in a 1/8 matchup then we beat the Raps/Wiz in the 2nd round and get to face Cleveland in round 3. 

And get the 15th or 16th pick in the draft..(Nuggets are currently 8th in the west at 34-37, while we are 3 games ahead at 37-34).

In a perfect world - hell yeah.  But we're the Hawks, we don't, can't or won't get THAT lucky. :laugh:

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

In a perfect world - hell yeah.  But we're the Hawks, we don't, can't or won't get THAT lucky. :laugh:

Lol yup. Watch we get the 5th seed, get swept by a Lowryless Raps team, land the 20th pick and draft and stash a euro or trade it to the Clippers for Richard Luc Mbah. Lol. Smh.

Just now, Spud2Nique said:

Lol yup. Watch we get the 5th seed, get swept by a Lowryless Raps team, land the 20th pick and draft and stash a euro or trade it to the Clippers for Richard Luc Mbah. Lol. Smh.

da07cd519053e31cb8e5d5efdd030fa7.gif

13 hours ago, HawkItus said:

For me it is really a 50/50 proposition on why should or shouldn't make the playoffs.

Make

• anything could happen
  • experience for the young guys
  • team makes money
  • more games
  • enhances interests to watch the playoffs

Miss

• anything could happen
  • early start on the off season
  • don't have to watch this group anymore
  • can ignore the playoffs

Am I missing anything?

Make - Showcases talent (Baze, Dwight, Dennis, Prince) for trades. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, HawkItus said:

can ignore the playoffs

When thinking about it, would actually be nice not to notice anything related to LeBron for a good while, or forever.

• Like 4

I'm honestly ok with either.  I feel like the 'anything can happen' motto goes out the window in the second round though.

The selfish side of me says "It's ok guys, don't make the playoffs this season.  The streak has been long enough.  We aren't going to do anything.  That way I can keep my schedule open and not have to worry about the postseason this year.  I gots sh*t to do!  Like talk about the draft and offseason!"

• Like 3

This says it all (since the break):

Starting lineup: 93 OFFRTG/113 DEFRTG
Starting lineup without Bazemore: 133.8 OFFRTG/95.5 DEFRTG

No this is not a misprint. Does Bud have any pride at all? It better not be what it's looking like, with him trying to match Kent's return with Paul to show how **important** Kent is. If Kent isn't available to return the game after today and Paul still doesn't play it's going to look very suspicious.

Maybe I should take my tinfoil hat off.

This would be a clear indicator that everyone being healthy wouldn't really matter.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, AUhawksfan said:

I gots sh*t to do!

Tell ya what AU...you've been workin too hard. Why don't you take it easy for a few days. We have some reps in from Houston (not Morey thank god) and I want you to show them a good time!

IMG_9274.GIF

IMG_9275.GIF

IMG_9276.GIF

A con if they still make the playoffs which is a strong chance that they do...I will miss most of the series since it will almost certainly be on NBATV.  I recently downgraded packages on DirecTV and no longer get this channel.

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Alex said:

A con if they still make the playoffs which is a strong chance that they do...I will miss most of the series since it will almost certainly be on NBATV.  I recently downgraded packages on DirecTV and no longer get this channel.

Don't know if that's a pro or con yet.   It may save you some blood pressure points. 

• Like 1

Just mentioning that the Heat are 23-7 in the last thirty and no one really wants to play them or really knows what to expect other than balls to the wall and Spoelstra coaching his tail off. Strange but frightening team and don't feel like betting against them. The Cavs or Boston or whoever will have more than their hands full with the Heat. 

• Admin
11 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Just mentioning that the Heat are 23-7 in the last thirty and no one really wants to play them or really knows what to expect other than balls to the wall and Spoelstra coaching his tail off. Strange but frightening team and don't feel like betting against them. The Cavs or Boston or whoever will have more than their hands full with the Heat. 

Even if Heat pass us we would still need another team to pass us to knock us out (after Indy and Bucks pass us).

• Like 1