• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Doc Rivers could return to the Hawks?

BigDog90

Return to the Hawks and do what?  He's an awful exec.

Certainly you don't mean to coach.  Not unless he's bringing prime Ray Allen, Garnett and Pierce with him.

If we're being honest, outside having those 2 on his roster and in their primes, Glenn has been an awful coach and I'm being kind.

ETA: Plus he's already rumored to be going to ORL.  1-star thread @BigDog90 and, again, I'm being kind.

• Admin

I loved Doc playing PG for us in the 80s  ... if we are bringing that Doc then yes ...

I have no interest in losing Bud as a coach ... especially for Doc ... we do need a real GM but def not Doc.  He isn't good at that either ... 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

I got money on him losing this series even with Gobert out.  He'll find a way.

lol I don't think even the Clippers could f*** this up..

4 hours ago, kg01 said:

Return to the Hawks and do what?  He's an awful exec.

Certainly you don't mean to coach.  Not unless he's bringing prime Ray Allen, Garnett and Pierce with him.

If we're being honest, outside having those 2 on his roster and in their primes, Glenn has been an awful coach and I'm being kind.

ETA: Plus he's already rumored to be going to ORL.  1-star thread @BigDog90 and, again, I'm being kind.

The article said exec.

I think he's an awful exec. 

I'm just posting the article. I found it interesting they mentioned the Hawks so I posted it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BigDog90 said:

The article said exec.

I think he's an awful exec. 

I'm just posting the article. I found it interesting they mentioned the Hawks so I posted it.

Got it.  Sorry, didn't mean to jump down your throat.

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

Got it.  Sorry, didn't mean to jump down your throat.

It's cool. It's interesting to see national writers talk about the Hawks long term future since local writers aren't doing it.

The vibe I get locally is nobody expects the Hawks to make it out the first round, that's pretty much it. Nothing about possible shakeups.

8 hours ago, NBASupes said:

He's not a good executive, neither is Bud. I do not want. I don't want Executive Bud either.

Eh, are you as good at assessing execs as you are at assessing players tho?

Sorry but I'm contractually obligated to take anti-Supers digs.  I think the problem is more-so Wilcox than exec-Budz.

Just now, bleachkit said:

Get a basketball Theo Epstein. A genius, outside the box thinker. The NBA is such a good old boys club, its ridiculous . If you're Magic, Jordan, Bird, Isaiah Thomas, etc you get a job as an executive, as if being a great player means you're a great executive. 

It ain't that easy, tho.

And, despite those listed, it's fairly difficult for former players to get exec roles.  Ask Nique.

And, furthermore, there's more supposed Theo Epstein, young-ish, allegedly smart execs currently ruining NBA teams right now so there's no magic formula.

9 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Eh, are you as good at assessing execs as you are at assessing players tho?

Sorry but I'm contractually obligated to take anti-Supers digs.  I think the problem is more-so Wilcox than exec-Budz.

It ain't that easy, tho.

And, despite those listed, it's fairly difficult for former players to get exec roles.  Ask Nique.

And, furthermore, there's more supposed Theo Epstein, young-ish, allegedly smart execs currently ruining NBA teams right now so there's no magic formula.

Would you hire Nique to be your GM? His only qualification is that he was a great player. That is no way shape or form translates to being a good executive. Give me the youngish, smartest guy in the room if I have to pick one or the other. But the only teams that have really done a consistently good job with their rosters are the Spurs and Warriors. Also Bucks deserve credit for taking YA (GF).

4 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Would you hire Nique to be your GM? His only qualification is that he was a great player. That is no way shape or form translates to being a good executive. Give me the youngish, smartest guy in the room if I have to pick one or the other. But the only teams that have really done a consistently good job with their rosters are the Spurs and Warriors. Also Bucks deserve credit for taking YA (GF).

Wait, but you said it's a boys club where former players get gifted jobs.  I'm saying that's not exactly the case.

Of course I wouldn't hire Nique but I'm not going to automatically hire the youngish, supposedly smart guy either.  IMHO, more often than not, those guys are just stuffed suits.

I'm probably gonna find whoever studied under Jerry West or something like that.