• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Tony Ressler: "I make the final decision"

Bankingitbig

23 minutes ago, Bankingitbig said:

Basically furthers my belief that the Howard signing was done more so by Koonin/Ressler than Budcox, along with ownership screwing up the Horford negotiations. But who knows... Good to see Ressler trying to get the Hawks more recognition in their own city though.

Hate to reply to myself, but wanted to note that Budenholzer and Ferry did meet with Howard back in 2013 before Ressler was owner. So maybe Bud truly did want him. Who knows...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bankingitbig said:

But we have, and something I do believe we should be proud of, 10 picks in the next three years.

I'm not sure how truly great that is. I'm just saying most teams have a 1st and a 2nd....so while most teams get 6 picks in the next 3 years, we get 10....(which we will probably either trade or draft a guy to rot in Europe) and I'm supposed to be excited as a fan?

GET ME A SUPERSTAR!!!!!!!!!

Honestly more like 9 than 10, while there are times in which it does turn out the 60th pick is a gem, its rare.

From what I know about this draft the 1st pick in the second round better be used though. You can get a role player with that pick I bet IMO.

Fine don't blow it up but this plan needs to get scrapped. It'll be a PR nightmare when it happens but Dwight either needs to get "Monroe'd" (which worked out well for Greg Monroe and the Bucks) or be traded.

I'm not really even asking for a passing big man, I'm asking for a big man that can be versatile on the offensive end outside of 5 feet from the rim. If y'all wonder why Muscala has been, and will continue to play, it's kinda actually similar to last year's playoffs in a different way! He plays because he brings what Horford does on offense/defense in a lite way, which is not seen in the starting lineup. It was like how Humphries played because Horford didn't bring any rebounding (which part of this was unfixable).

2 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

I'm not sure how truly great that is. I'm just saying most teams have a 1st and a 2nd....so while most teams get 6 picks in the next 3 years, we get 10....(which we will probably either trade or draft a guy to rot in Europe) and I'm supposed to be excited as a fan?

GET ME A SUPERSTAR!!!!!!!!!

The only great thing is they belong to us. They are not owned to any other teams, you don't want to be a team that owe thee picks. -so hopefully they can be parlayed into upgrades.

5 minutes ago, JTB said:

Well that's interesting....hopefully all Hawks fans read this and get off of budcox back when things over the season goes wrong.

:biggrin: You know that won't happen.   There will always be skeptics no matter what. Makes for good debates.

3 hours ago, JTB said:

Well that's interesting....hopefully all Hawks fans read this and get off of budcox back when things over the season goes wrong.

Still gotta coach in game with rotations and late game offense play calling so I'm still pretty irritated with him. He by himself lost the second playoff game in my piss poor view. Rotate players that are hurting you out late in any game. Still a lukewarm fan, I think. 

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

That Dwight was a different Dwight but that said, this evening Dwight is the Dwight I want 

Was he really? Has Dwight been good since the Orlando days? I mean, sure he was a little better than he is now... But I'm not so sure he has been of much value since he left Orlando.

We actually saw what was needed from Dwight early and then he wasn't involved for most of the rest of the game but it didn't matter as Millsap took over when it got a little too close for comfort.

He doesn't need to be a good passer, this offense is simple. All he needs to do is dive hard to the hole on PNR and occasionally make a good pass out like that early pass to Prince for 3 in the first.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, marco102 said:

Horford wanted to leave. Point blank and simple. He was talking to Isiah at the allstar game about Boston.  Ownership had nothing to do with that.

That was some pretty dirty pool there, looking back. Him having such a loyal nice guy rep and all. And then doesn't show up against the Cavs.

• Like 1