• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Besides the Cavs the Hawks are the only team with 2 + 20 scoring average players in the playoffs

HawkItus

As much flack as these two have gotten during the season, they have held their own during this series.  Paul was a little off in Game 1 but still managed 19 points.

To me, it's just a matter of getting guys like THJr and Ilyasova going, Dwight playing hard, and our bench giving us something.  We could easily take this series if that all fell into place.

Millsap's "kryptonite" in Morris has already been fixed.  They don't have anything to stop us on defense.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bankingitbig said:

There's quite a bit more than just that.

Lillard at 25.7ppg and McCollum at 28ppg. Marc Gasol at 20.3ppg and Conley at 24ppg. Paul at 26.8ppg and Griffin was at 20.3ppg. Wall at 31ppg and Beal at 21.7ppg.

I meant the East(left that part out), but good catch on the Wizards.   

18 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

which really means nothing ... I don't care if we don't have anyone scoring over 10points a game ... just get wins.

That's just dumb.  If we didn't have anyone scoring 10 points we definitely  wouldn't be winning.  You might as well say "I don't care if we play one game.....long as we get a championship"   The grown up teenage angst is boring son.  Let it go. 

Edited by HawkItus

• Admin
40 minutes ago, HawkItus said:

That's just dumb.  If we didn't have anyone scoring 10 points we definitely  wouldn't be winning.  You might as well say "I don't care if we play one game.....long as we get a championship"   The grown up teenage angst is boring son.  Let it go. 

Wow ... it was comment to point out how unimportant it was to have two guys average over 20 points a game or what their scoring averages were and to point out that it doesn't matter at all as long as we win games which I guess was above your intelligence level ... 

49 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Wow ... it was comment to point out how unimportant it was to have two guys average over 20 points a game or what their scoring averages were and to point out that it doesn't matter at all as long as we win games which I guess was above your intelligence level ... 

But it does matter.  Any  Hawks fan knows we have history of top line guys not preforming in the playoffs.  It isn't a matter of intelligence.  Just everyday common sense.  If you have your top 2 guys playing well it is a good sign.   

1 hour ago, capstone21 said:

Unfortunately I have to disagree...it absolutely matters though I understand where you're coming from but this is the nba and history from way back then up to now shows you HAVE to HAVE a special scorer aka a superstar player if you are truly after a Championship....

that's just the way the NBA goes ....where amazing things happen 

• Like 2

• Moderators
5 hours ago, JTB said:

Unfortunately I have to disagree...it absolutely matters though I understand where you're coming from but this is the nba and history from way back then up to now shows you HAVE to HAVE a special scorer aka a superstar player if you are truly after a Championship....

that's just the way the NBA goes ....where amazing things happen 

If your standard is you need a superstar then having 20 point scorers is not that good a measure because we have two 20+ point scorers but clearly don't have a superstar.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, AHF said:

If your standard is you need a superstar then having 20 point scorers is not that good a measure because we have two 20+ point scorers but clearly don't have a superstar.

Not yet...Can't wait till next year so see our young stars blossom

• Moderators
Just now, Peoriabird said:

Not yet...Can't wait till next year so see our young stars blossom

Me too.  I'd be thrilled to just see them hit All-Star (Dennis) and clear starter (Prince) status next year.  While I always hope we catch lightning in a bottle and that does happen in the NBA, it wouldn't be fair to expect that out of either Dennis or Prince for 2017-18.  (Even if it did for Prince he isn't a 20 point per game guy).  Sap is already at the All-Star stage of his career and is very clearly never going to hit the superstar level.  

3 hours ago, AHF said:

Well I guess "20" is too generic for what I'm trying to say....my point is that you have to have a special scorer period on the team that can just score at will on any given night.

ya know those players that can drop 30+ when they feel like it or more if needed those type...the Kwahi Leonard's, Durants, currys, lebrons, kyries, Anthony Davis's , hardens....hell even lillards. 

Im just saying every championship team has one of those special scorers that you can't contain no matter how well you play defense.

• Moderators
10 hours ago, JTB said:

Well I guess "20" is too generic for what I'm trying to say....my point is that you have to have a special scorer period on the team that can just score at will on any given night.

ya know those players that can drop 30+ when they feel like it or more if needed those type...the Kwahi Leonard's, Durants, currys, lebrons, kyries, Anthony Davis's , hardens....hell even lillards. 

Im just saying every championship team has one of those special scorers that you can't contain no matter how well you play defense.

Agree with your statement and I'd say we don't have one of those guys.  So any measure that is positive for our players doesn't measure for those special scorers.

What we have are guys who need to work together to open opportunities for one another.  It is a beautiful thing when it works but easier to gum up.

• Like 1

Who needs 30 point scorers? That's an outdated model! The Hawks are re-envisioning team basketball by having up to 10 guys in a tight playoff game that could all go for 10 or more. Last night we had 7 do it, which was the most for a Hawks game in the playoffs since 1986! If Moose could actually hit an open shot it would have probably been 8 guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

Who needs 30 point scorers? That's an outdated model! The Hawks are re-envisioning team basketball by having up to 10 guys in a tight playoff game that could all go for 10 or more. Last night we had 7 do it, which was the most for a Hawks game in the playoffs since 1986! If Moose could actually hit an open shot it would have probably been 8 guys.

I think it still makes a huge difference to have a LeBron or Curry who can't be contained if you want a ring.  The committee approach is beautiful when it works and should be enough against Washington.