• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

He needs to go

Alex

14 hours ago, marco102 said:

No one is paying Hardaway $16 - $20 million.  He'll probably Get $9 - $12 million a year.

Brooklyn will. They have no pick next season and threw big contracts to Crabbe and Johnson. I'd expect Atkinson due to his familiarity with him try to go after him like he did Lin, another guy he coached in the past.

12 hours ago, DJlaysitup said:

Dunleavy was brought in as a role player and by NO MEANS a starter or even a serious contributor.  Moose is a "light" backup 5.  You can call him a 4/5 but that is just a compliment for his effort.  Truly, he can shoot a bit but he isn't solid enough or skilled enough to be a quality 5 or 4.  He's a decent backup.

Calderon can still play - not great but he can play.

Ersan isn't useless but he would be a "garbage time" guy on most good teams.

BAZEMORE - now here is the conundrum.  Big Pay - little production.  IMO it looks like a huge mistake.  We could have kept DMC and not gambled on Baze's athleticism - which doesn't seem to be paying off.

But hey - what do I know?

Carroll can't stay healthy. Prince > Carroll.

• Moderators
59 minutes ago, BigDog90 said:

Brooklyn will. They have no pick next season and threw big contracts to Crabbe and Johnson. I'd expect Atkinson due to his familiarity with him try to go after him like he did Lin, another guy he coached in the past.

Trade Baze and a second round pick to the Nets for a second round pick protected through the first 59 picks.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

THIS.  It's impossible to take @Alex seriously about any of this.  Not only is he generally negative about nearly everything that has to do with the Hawks, he's especially negative about THJ given the Mich connection. 

Generally negative or generally correct?  I think I have been pretty spot on with certain things.  Hardaway being average at best falls in line with me being correct.  

14 hours ago, AHF said:

Trade Baze and a second round pick to the Nets for a second round pick protected through the first 59 picks.  

Hmm...Nets could have as high as 34 mil in cap space. Hawks may need to attach a 1st to it like '18 MINN 1st/'19 CLE 1st since Baze would have 3 years left on his deal unlike how SA dumped expirings (Diaw/Splitter) to Utah and ATL respectively. 

I'm very curious to see what Millsap's salary demands are. I find it hard to believe any team would pay him a max starting at 30+ mil a year.  

7 hours ago, BigDog90 said:

I'm very curious to see what Millsap's salary demands are. I find it hard to believe any team would pay him a max starting at 30+ mil a year.  

Yeah, he turns thirty three next Feb. so that would lower the contract ceiling you would think or at least the length of it. We'll see.

Game 6 bump.  Under 33% shooting from the floor.  Bad defense again and doesn't contribute unless he's somehow making shots.  Beal absolutely served him all night.  

THJ is the main reason we didn't win series. If he had matched regular season play i think that would have been the difference, but Bazemore and Muscala are the 2 that really need to be moved. They severely handicap this team with their D league at best playing.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Trout7 said:

THJ is the main reason we didn't win series. If he had matched regular season play i think that would have been the difference,

We kept waiting, understand the defensive assignment and all, but in the last game SG went all to hell on us. Tim shot twenty six percent from three for the series, just painful.

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 4/29/2017 at 7:56 AM, Thomas said:

We kept waiting, understand the defensive assignment and all, but in the last game SG went all to hell on us. Tim shot twenty six percent from three for the series, just painful.

Had to be benched last year in the playoffs and kept playing this year due to lack of options.  He needs to be more like his regular season self in the playoffs given the new contract I am sure he wants.

• Like 3

Don't think that is a trend anyone wants to invest in. Has got to score a good bit for us no matter who he is defending. We're just so imbalanced without his long shot so here's to hoping when he finds it he keeps it and then we keep him.  

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Don't think that is a trend anyone wants to invest in. Has got to score a good bit for us no matter who he is defending. We're just so imbalanced without his long shot so here's to hoping when he finds it he keeps it and then we keep him.  

Hoping we get him on a discount as his playoff performance poisons the well with other teams.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, AHF said:

Hoping we get him on a discount as his playoff performance poisons the well with other teams.

My concern is that THJr is a streaky scorer. The problem with THJr is, if he's not putting the ball in the basket, what else is he giving you??? We didn't value Lou Will or JC2 who were also both one dimensional but were at least consistently effective at that one dimension. I doubt the Hawks invest major $$$ in Tim if other teams are throwing money at him. I honestly thought he could be a 17-20ppg scorer by the end of the regular season but the inconsistency during the season and Playoffs scares me.

• Like 3

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, hawkman said:

My concern is that THJr is a streaky scorer. The problem with THJr is, if he's not putting the ball in the basket, what else is he giving you??? We didn't value Lou Will or JC2 who were also both one dimensional but were at least consistently effective at that one dimension. I doubt the Hawks invest major $$$ in Tim if other teams are throwing money at him. I honestly thought he could be a 17-20ppg scorer by the end of the regular season but the inconsistency during the season and Playoffs scares me.

You are preaching to the choir on his offensive challenges.  He has improved enough, though, that I'd rather gamble on him than pay Baze his ridiculous contract.  I at least see a path to THJr being a legit starting SG for us whereas I don't see any path to Baze being a legit starter.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
On 4/26/2017 at 7:38 PM, Alex said:

Hardaway needs to find a new team to be on next season.  Had some big games in the regular season and was hot for a little bit, but he is what he is. An erratic offensive player who is a complete laibility on defense.  

This^^^^^   He got abused by the backcourt of Washington.

Since his name was brought up in comparison to Tim, if Bud succumbed to the fact Baze has to come off the bench then you know its a rather overwhelming problem (the contract was affecting Bud's decisions about who starts). Bud was so desperate that he experimented with Baze backing up Dennis here and there which occasionally worked but Bembry already was doing a better job of that and we know Baze is not any level of good SF. Very expensive decent utility/SG guy. Pretty sure he will still be that with us next season unfortunately. That saying goes, "Hope for the best but expect..." In reference to Tim though, think we can get a lot more mileage out of him, certainly more than just utility minutes.