• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

He needs to go

Alex

Hardaway needs to find a new team to be on next season.  Had some big games in the regular season and was hot for a little bit, but he is what he is. An erratic offensive player who is a complete laibility on defense.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Alex said:

Hardaway needs to find a new team to be on next season.  Had some big games in the regular season and was hot for a little bit, but he is what he is. An erratic offensive player who is a complete laibility on defense.  

Very reactionary. It's his first playoffs with major minutes.  He needs time to figure it out.  He hit some big shots this game. Dennis has me feeling good about the Hawks future.  When the stakes are high, he plays his best. 

12 minutes ago, Mdizzle5 said:

So you'd rather keep Baze or.... ?

If so, that's gonna be a no for me, dawg. 

Neither one is deserving of a contract north of 13 million a season.  You can't be successful with guys like Hardaway and Bazemore playing meaningful minutes in the playoffs.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Very reactionary. It's his first playoffs with major minutes.  He needs time to figure it out.  He hit some big shots this game. Dennis has me feeling good about the Hawks future.  When the stakes are high, he plays his best. 

Yeah and imagine how much better this team would be if there was an off guard who was any good.  Dennis almost won this game tonight if he had a backcourt mate who wasn't a liability on defense and a shooter who can't shoot.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skimaskway23 said:

Terrible thread. There are a couple other hawks this could have been made about. Definitely not tim

So let's list them.  Dunleavy, Bazemore, Muscala, Ersan, and Calderon can't play meaningful minutes in a playoff game.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Alex said:

So let's list them.  Dunleavy, Bazemore, Muscala, Ersan, and Calderon can't play meaningful minutes in a playoff game.  

They can and should on play meaningful minutes in spurts and very limited minutes, they are just not consistent enough.

Most of us have been watching bball long enough to know that during the playoffs on the road the bench tends to struggle more than at home.

I'm concerned that our Hawks are in a "Death Spiral".  The only two players we have that are really worth spit are Paul Millsap and Dennis.  We gave up our better players to other teams.  If we start paying the nw players on "a wing and a prayer" we are going to be 7th seed - or worse - again.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Alex said:

Dunleavy was brought in as a role player and by NO MEANS a starter or even a serious contributor.  Moose is a "light" backup 5.  You can call him a 4/5 but that is just a compliment for his effort.  Truly, he can shoot a bit but he isn't solid enough or skilled enough to be a quality 5 or 4.  He's a decent backup.

Calderon can still play - not great but he can play.

Ersan isn't useless but he would be a "garbage time" guy on most good teams.

BAZEMORE - now here is the conundrum.  Big Pay - little production.  IMO it looks like a huge mistake.  We could have kept DMC and not gambled on Baze's athleticism - which doesn't seem to be paying off.

But hey - what do I know?

• Like 1

I think he's proven himself to be a legit NBA player and good 6th/7th man, but even when he's trying, he just doesn't have what he needs to have on the defensive end. Its even said in his scouting report.

That's something I even noted (although I'm about to use a source I don't like but am not going to quote). His offense usually gets better the more he plays, but his defense goes in the trash can. Saw somewhere where his defensive rating is in the 110's when he plays close to 30 mpg.

7 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Thjr played for the Michigan Wolverines, Alex is a Michigan State Sparty fan - the hate is real. He'd rather have Adreien Payne than Timmy.

THIS.  It's impossible to take @Alex seriously about any of this.  Not only is he generally negative about nearly everything that has to do with the Hawks, he's especially negative about THJ given the Mich connection. 

Edited by REHawksFan
  • Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

THJr has now played 14 career playoff games and is shooting 32.2% from the floor and 24.4% from 3pt range.  He has even shot a Dwight-like 65.2% from the line. He needs to do a lot better.

Those numbers are absolutely brutal. I honestly expected better after how he played after the All Star break. But his 'performance' could benefit the Hawks in negotiations so at least there's that. Silver linings man.

• Like 1