• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Crazy Idea that's never been done before

ViewsFromTheSquawk

You have high hopes for Bembry... simply because we drafted him.  Imagine Bembry on another team.  Imagine him playing a little, having some bad outings and going to the D-League and doing well.  Would you be hopeful for him?  Would you consider him as a guy that the Hawks should take interest into?

Of Course not.  You don't want us to be interested in a project, therefore, your hope is simply built on the fact that we drafted him and he wears a Hawks Jersey.  Because if you really think that he can be something in the future, why aren't you suggesting that we make a move for Malik Beasley?

Rk           Player From   To  G GS  MP  FG FGA  FG%  3P 3PA  3P%  2P 2PA  2P% eFG%  FT FTA  FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV  PF PTS1     Malik Beasley 2017 2017 22  1 7.5 1.5 3.3 .452 0.4 1.3 .321 1.1 2.0 .533 .514 0.4 0.5 .800 0.2 0.5 0.8 0.5 0.3 0.0 0.4 0.5 3.82    DeAndre Bembry 2017 2017 38  1 9.8 1.2 2.6 .480 0.0 0.5 .056 1.2 2.1 .575 .485 0.2 0.4 .375 0.4 1.2 1.6 0.7 0.2 0.1 0.4 0.6 2.7

Huh? I don't have a clue what you're talking about re: Beasley. I do have high hopes for Bembry because he's a Hawk. Why would I have high hopes for a player on another team? I also have high hopes because he's a rookie 1st round pick and he looked great in the only game I saw in person this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Y'all been wrong about Paul George his entire career.  we have been better than the Paul George Pacers all but 1 year ( when we lost Horford).  Then Teague goes there and everyone on this board was like... "CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS!  Wrong!  Swept in the 1st round again!

Dennis+Sap+PG13+Bud= 3rd round/possibly finals

In my humble opinion.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

They are being asked to do things they struggle with? 

Like what, dribbling, passing and shooting a basketball? They aren't being asked to do anything too crazy. You're talking about two, not one, but two knucklehead decision makers and you're gonna play this on Bud? You know how you can handle one knucklehead in a locker room but not 2? The same applies to 2 knuckleheads in the STARTING LINEUP! We most likely have to keep them on our roster but let's not act like they aren't who we thought they were...;-)

Again...Who asked Bazemore to play back up point guard in the playoffs?????  Who????

• Like 1

1st of all THjr's defense has improved but anyway, lets say what you acknowledged above is true and we only have 2 payers in our starting line up slated to make dramatic improvements next year and you add a few pieces thru the draft and free agency that are better than the ones we have now...How does the team get worse?????????

Who are we going to add with a maxed out Millsap plus Dwight and Baze on the books? Your whole point was that this group hasn't peaked and I disagree and want to build through the draft and use the cap savings on trades and smart free agent signings. You can't do that when you're capped out with your 2 biggest contracts on 30somethings.

Oh and ask Bradley Beal how good of a defender Hardaway is. The guy has never played defense in his life. He will probably improve offensively but he will never be a starting caliber defender.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Well we can't make that happen...Next!

Lol...I agree we don't have much of a shot if any. 

Next would be organic growth. Maybe we can trade up into the lottery using our future assets if we really like somebody...add a few free agents and improve within and grow.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Dolfan23 said:

Who are we going to add with a maxed out Millsap plus Dwight and Baze on the books? Your whole point was that this group hasn't peaked and I disagree and want to build through the draft and use the cap savings on trades and smart free agent signings. You can't do that when you're capped out with your 2 biggest contracts on 30somethings.

Who is going to max out Sap 1st of all??? and secondly, Beal's is shooting better against Boston than he did Atlanta 46.2% vs 47.8% against Boston.  He shot 27.8% from 3 against Atlanta. So stop this nonsense that Beal was destroying Hardaway.

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Lol...I agree we don't have much of a shot if any. 

Next would be organic growth. Maybe we can trade up into the lottery using our future assets if we really like somebody...add a few free agents and improve within and grow.

Why???  Because you want a championship next year...why trade away asset that might turn into a bust?  Stop with the quick fix... win the lottery nonsense.  We tried that and it didn't work. 

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Why???  Because you want a championship next year...why trade away asset that might turn into a bust?  Stop with the quick fix... win the lottery nonsense.  We tried that and it didn't work. 

Haha wow ok...I'm trying to do a quick fix by trading up a few spots in the draft? And when did I say win the lottery? Lol...read my post again man.

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Haha wow ok...I'm trying to do a quick fix by trading up a few spots in the draft? And when did I say win the lottery? Lol...read my post again man.

Keep your picks...trading up isn't going to guarantee anything.  Chicago traded up to get McDemitt right and the 2 players from the 2 picks they gave up are probably both better than McDemitt

31 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Keep you picks...trading up isn't going to guarantee anything.  Chicago traded up to get McDemitt right and the 2 players from the 2 picks they gave up are probably both better than McDemitt

Ya but that was just one failed trade up scenario...whose to say ours won't be different.

17 hours ago, Diesel said:

You don't value winning huh?  This is the Clippers pathway to successful losing.  Let me give you the cliftnotes.  Young players don't know how to win on this level.  They can't be coached up.  We are already a fragile market (i.e. we can't draw FAs well).  So what you propose is making our team a perennial loser and then losing these young FAs to other teams who are established... Hello San Antonio. I don't want to be a feeder team.  

Lastly.  What is this thing about we drafted them and now all the sudden they are great and worth getting rid of everybody else for.  Many of you had a hissy fit when we traded Bebe... and Adrien Payne.   Last I Looked those guys have done Diddley Squat. I don't trust that Bembry is going to be a star simply because we drafted him.  I don't even know if he will be an everyday player. 

So you are right.. it's a crazy idea.  Teams that rebuild usually end up making it no further than mediocre.  Hello Minnesota.  Hello Sacramento.  Hello Orlando.

Teams that reload and take advantage of FAcy is still playing.

Hello Houston.  Hello Cleveland.  Hello Boston. 

I'm not saying don't sign FA's but for the best interest of the hawks we need to build around DENNIS. No more over the hill guys who're 30+ just to keep us around the 40 win total. We need to get younger and more athletic. Like the Bucks (good drafting example),Blazers,and Thunder. Because quite simply and like you said we can't draw FAs in like Boston,Miami,etc. so drafting good is the only way we will contend for a title. 

Making snide comments about Bembry is off. His defense on Harden was enough visual for him to be used more during the season for his defense alone. Plays that D at three different positions. They always said Dean Smith was the only guy to keep MJ under twenty points per. That seems to be Bud's role in keeping Bembry from developing much more to date. We needed him on the floor more if for nothing else but to slow down the other pg and not use Baze for that. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/7/2017 at 11:13 AM, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

What if... maybe... just maybe.... we forget about resigning over the hill players and build around the guys we drafted? Crazy idea huh.... it's not like we had 2 guys (1 being a rookie) that showed out in the postseason in every single game.... Whose with me? Let's build this biatch around DS17 and Prince!!!! Forget THJ and Sap.... Build around the guys who showed out when it mattered most and who can help us in the future. Make them the forefront not an after thought 

I felt this up until the get rid of THJ who is still young part. If it was preseason I was all for getting rid of THJ. This teams growth does seem to be stunted with Paul though and although I wouldn't mind having him it would be nice to see our youngsters put a new stamp on this team. I don't want to turn into the 76ers/lakers/twolves even though I'm high on the wolves and they are all stacked with talent we still need some vet leadership to win

On 5/8/2017 at 1:50 PM, Diesel said:

You don't value winning huh?  This is the Clippers pathway to successful losing.  Let me give you the cliftnotes.  Young players don't know how to win on this level.  They can't be coached up.  We are already a fragile market (i.e. we can't draw FAs well).  So what you propose is making our team a perennial loser and then losing these young FAs to other teams who are established... Hello San Antonio. I don't want to be a feeder team.  

Lastly.  What is this thing about we drafted them and now all the sudden they are great and worth getting rid of everybody else for.  Many of you had a hissy fit when we traded Bebe... and Adrien Payne.   Last I Looked those guys have done Diddley Squat. I don't trust that Bembry is going to be a star simply because we drafted him.  I don't even know if he will be an everyday player. 

So you are right.. it's a crazy idea.  Teams that rebuild usually end up making it no further than mediocre.  Hello Minnesota.  Hello Sacramento.  Hello Orlando.

Teams that reload and take advantage of FAcy is still playing.

Hello Houston.  Hello Cleveland.  Hello Boston. 

I agree completely except for the knock on Bembry. Just like Prince, Bembry is going to be a great asset and maybe you didn't peep his skill set during his limited time but when you have what he has learning how to shoot in the nba will not be that difficult. We will see more of the Iceman 2nd coming in year 2 and shooting is one of the easiest things to learn in the nba because it mainly takes form and repetition which are both traits that can be learned. Vince Carter/ Jason Kidd and a hand full of others weren't great shooters when they entered the league.

• Like 2

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 2:12 PM, Lurker said:

The way the Hawks were going with Ferry if he had stayed was to be a farm system for the rest of the NBA anyway because of the way he structured contracts.

He is by far the best GM we ever had. I'm just hoping we find someone with his vision.

Edited by coachx

10 hours ago, sillent said:

I felt this up until the get rid of THJ who is still young part. If it was preseason I was all for getting rid of THJ. This teams growth does seem to be stunted with Paul though and although I wouldn't mind having him it would be nice to see our youngsters put a new stamp on this team. I don't want to turn into the 76ers/lakers/twolves even though I'm high on the wolves and they are all stacked with talent we still need some vet leadership to win

Like I said even if we go younger it doesn't mean we'll look like those teams you listed... this team could easily be like Miami,Milwaukee,or OKC. Especially with coach Bud COACHING the talent we have.