• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Newcomer in GM search options

GrimeyKidd

Troy Weaver is about as good as you get as far as up and comers go.

1. Troy Weaver

2. David Griffin

3. Joe Dumars

Is not a bad list.

Well it's certainly a list...While being faaaar from being 'A List' worthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dolfan23 said:

Jesus somebody is spoiled! What do you think ur a Lakers fan? 

Perhaps you and @MaceCase can come up with a better one over caviar and you know, small portion nutrient dense rich people food...:-|

1 minute ago, Dolfan23 said:

We've come a long way from Babcock, Knight, and Sund that is for sure.

Weaver is considered by many as the #1 GM prospect who never managed a team yet.

• Like 3

How about a candidate who would make our Hawksquawk mods proud? I mean damn he checks all the pretentious boxes:

1. Lawyer

2. Writer

3. Stat geek

4. He's a member of many bars

Michael Zarren - Assistant GM and Team Counsel

A lifelong [redacted] fan and season ticket holder, Michael Zarren is now the [redacted] Assistant General Manager and Team Counsel. Now in his tenth year with the team after starting as an unpaid intern, Zarren is widely recognized as one of the leaders in the field of advanced statistical analysis of basketball players and teams, and is an important part of the team’s strategic planning and player personnel evaluation processes. Zarren is also the team’s salary cap expert and lead in-house counsel (for both basketball and business-side issues), and is responsible for the development of new technologies for team use, including the team’s best-in-class statistical database and video archive/delivery system.

A graduate of Harvard Law School (where he served as editor-in-chief of the Harvard Journal of Law and Technology) and of the University of Chicago, Zarren has also served as a law clerk on the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit. Zarren was also previously a management consultant for Fortune 500 firms across a wide variety of industries. A native of Swampscott, Zarren is a member of the bars of New York and Massachusetts and of the Board of Overseers of The Waring School.

12 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

How about a candidate who would make our Hawksquawk mods proud? I mean damn he checks all the pretentious boxes:

1. Lawyer

2. Writer

3. Stat geek

4. He's a member of many bars

Michael Zarren - Assistant GM and Team Counsel

A lifelong [redacted] fan and season ticket holder, Michael Zarren is now the [redacted] Assistant General Manager and Team Counsel. Now in his tenth year with the team after starting as an unpaid intern, Zarren is widely recognized as one of the leaders in the field of advanced statistical analysis of basketball players and teams, and is an important part of the team’s strategic planning and player personnel evaluation processes. Zarren is also the team’s salary cap expert and lead in-house counsel (for both basketball and business-side issues), and is responsible for the development of new technologies for team use, including the team’s best-in-class statistical database and video archive/delivery system.

A graduate of Harvard Law School (where he served as editor-in-chief of the Harvard Journal of Law and Technology) and of the University of Chicago, Zarren has also served as a law clerk on the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit. Zarren was also previously a management consultant for Fortune 500 firms across a wide variety of industries. A native of Swampscott, Zarren is a member of the bars of New York and Massachusetts and of the Board of Overseers of The Waring School.

Oh man I already made a thread about him...I believe the thread is...our GM oughta be...

I like him the best I'm with u Dolf...and a bonus we can steal him from crap green :-)

Oh man I already made a thread about him...I believe the thread is...our GM oughta be...

I like him the best I'm with u Dolf...and a bonus we can steal him from crap green :-)

Ah my bad didn't see that. The guy sounds like Bud coming up the hard way in the league and I'm all for guys who didn't just have their position handed to them.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

Ah my bad didn't see that. The guy sounds like Bud coming up the hard way in the league and I'm all for guys who didn't just have their position handed to them.

Yup me too...read his bio and he's worked like a dog to get here and I read he's one of the best analytical guys around. Personally, I think he's a better GM in today's game than Joe D or Griffin.

2 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

So, any interest in interviewing Monty Williams?

He's sure got a nice resume. I like the fact that he's gotten a little taste of every different position with different organizations including the Spurs. 

Not only that but i still use him as a 9th man in 2k with the 94 Knicks so it would transition well into my world. Lol...where do I sign?

3 hours ago, Watchman said:

And then choose the wrong player to hang onto?  You'd let Harden go to keep Ibaka?

Weaver didn't have final say, so he should neither get credit for Westbrook or the blame for keeping Ibaka over Harden, IMO.  We don't know how Weaver would run a team.  

5 hours ago, KB21 said:

Weaver didn't have final say, so he should neither get credit for Westbrook or the blame for keeping Ibaka over Harden, IMO.  We don't know how Weaver would run a team.  

This is what I believe but who knows maybe he really is good.

Edited by JTB

16 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Superstar GM potential

Just curious what has he done for you to say he has this potential? I know okc has had some great drafts in the past years but what evidence is out there to prove this was weavers doing?

2 hours ago, JTB said:

Just curious what has he done for you to say he has this potential? I know okc has had some great drafts in the past years but what evidence is out there to prove this was weavers doing?

Yes, his scouting, relationship building, ability to work with other GMs, coach freedom for coaches and feel for the game. He even has some roster management skills. Understands using analytics with a great eye for talent. But his cap ability is weak.

• Like 1