Newcomer in GM search options

GrimeyKidd

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Yes, his scouting, relationship building, ability to work with other GMs, coach freedom for coaches and feel for the game. He even has some roster management skills. Understands using analytics with a great eye for talent. But his cap ability is weak.

Ok I'm convinced! Why the hell not give him a shot. I guess the only thing needed is getting him a cap guy to go along with him...wonder if he'd hire his own cap guy or would the Hawks go out and grab one for him.

59 minutes ago, JTB said:

Ok I'm convinced! Why the hell not give him a shot. I guess the only thing needed is getting him a cap guy to go along with him...wonder if he'd hire his own cap guy or would the Hawks go out and grab one for him.

The Hawks have great cap guys in Sund and Wilcox.

5 hours ago, JTB said:

Zarren seems like a better candidate than weaver.

Why?

Because he is getting pimped by Daryl Morey and Sam Hinkie?  If anything, I would consider that a negative since both of those guys support tanking as an acceptable practice. 

I can't be the only one leery of Zarren's deep Boston roots and loyalty. Would his heart truly be into building a team to knock  the Selltix out of the playoffs every year?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Gentlemen, 'tis always wise to cover one's crotch region, before yelling "KUPCHAK?" aloud in jocular company.

~lw3

Lmmfao lw3 

Per Woj, moar names, this time realistic ones ...

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources-magic-asked-permission-speak-cavs-gm-david-griffin-cleveland-owner-dan-gilbert-unresponsive-144927402.html

For the lazy ones ...

The Magic are competing with the Atlanta Hawks, who have a general manager opening. Atlanta is considering a number of candidates, including Griffin, Joe Dumars, Houston vice president of basketball operations Gersson Rosas, and New York Knicks director of player personnel Mark Hughes, sources said. Atlanta is also planning to discuss the GM opening with television analysts and former players Chauncey Billups and Brent Barry, league sources told The Vertical.

Houston has granted permission to Atlanta to discuss the opening with Rosas, its No. 2 executive behind GM Daryl Morey, league sources said.

New York has granted permission on Hughes too, league sources said.

I can get the HOU guy but none of the others tickle my fancy.