• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

David Aldridge article on Hawks / Ressler / GM

Bankingitbig

13 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

How do you know this even before the draft and free agency?

You think the Atlanta Hawks are going to have a miracle draft and FA? That's the only way Atlanta will be a legit contender any time soon. Whether it be next year or in three years. The youth talent isn't there for optimism that Atlanta could have  a #1 or #2 option. The current team as constructed isn't winning anything.

There really isn't much reason to optimistic about this team at all. 

Edited by Guard
  • Like 2

Only have six contracts and three are starters. Two of the starters are only twenty three. Don't know the odds of being good but we don't know what we have yet. Think our 19 will be a starting big not far down the road. Dwight is up in two. Not going to drown in misery with this. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, Guard said:

You think the Atlanta Hawks are going to have a miracle draft and FA? That's the only way Atlanta will be a legit contender any time soon. Whether it be next year or in three years. The youth talent isn't there for optimism that Atlanta could have  a #1 or #2 option. The current team as constructed isn't winning anything.

Like I said, don't disappear next year when the Bucs stay on their so called dreaded Treadmill. Lol!

27 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Like I said, don't disappear next year when the Bucs stay on their so called dreaded Treadmill. Lol!

That wouldn't make me disappear.

What would make me disappear is this team solidifying the treadmill in the off season. I'm not sitting through another five to ten years of irrelevant, treadmill basketball. I'm not putting myself through that unnecessary torture. 

• Premium Member
33 minutes ago, Guard said:

That wouldn't make me disappear.

What would make me disappear is this team solidifying the treadmill in the off season. I'm not sitting through another five to ten years of irrelevant, treadmill basketball. I'm not putting myself through that unnecessary torture. 

You mean that you would rather enjoy 3-5 years of Philly ball rather than making the playoffs?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

You mean that you would rather enjoy 3-5 years of Philly ball rather than making the playoffs?

Why doesn't that sound like a dream within a dream, just lovely. Believe a single thirteen win season is all anyone would ever want to see, uh would never want to see again that is. Those clambering for the rebuild would be the ones most likely bitching the most at the losses piling up. And for how many years?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Thomas said:

Why doesn't that sound like a dream within a dream, just lovely. Believe a single thirteen win season is all anyone would ever want to see, uh would never want to see again that is. Those clambering for the rebuild would be the ones most likely bitching the most at the losses piling up. And for how many years?

What's so funny is many posters really believe this franchise has never had a top 10 pick and this is why we never contend!  Lol! And the funniest part is our last highest pick was constantly criticized and finally run out of town without being on a contending team while in Atlanta according to the natives.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Guard said:

There isn't even much that they can do in FA if they are intent on bringing back Millsap and THJ. Not to mention Muscala and Ersan. 

We have three guys, granted from two GMs but with the same roundball philosophy, that are our recent draft picks that really count from two drafts. Prince and Bembry from last year alone gives me a good bit of hope for a good draft bringing in one or two rotation guys in their second year at the latest. Five quality guys at the ripe old age of twenty five and under or more guys in our rotation in two or even sooner. Not so old. 

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

What's so funny is many posters really believe this franchise has never had a top 10 pick and this is why we never contend!  Lol! And the funniest part is our last highest pick was constantly criticized and finally run out of town without being on a contending team while in Atlanta according to the natives.

Correction...the fan base ran both of our last 2 top 3 picks out of town. And for those who don't know what I'm talking about.  Marvin Williams was the 2nd overall pick in the 2005 draft and Horford was the #3 pick the following year.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Correction...the fan base ran both of our last 2 top 3 picks out of town. And for those who don't know what I'm talking about.  Marvin Williams was the 2nd overall pick in the 2005 draft and Horford was the #3 pick the following year.

In all fairness, most Hawks fans want a top 3 pick that's a superstar like Wade or James. They want someone who can win you titles. Horford was a great pick but I would rather Durant. As would most likely of us

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

In all fairness, most Hawks fans want a top 3 pick that's a superstar like Wade or James. They want someone who can win you titles. Horford was a great pick but I would rather Durant. As would most likely of us

But it still was a tank!!! And it didn't work like the previous tank efforts including the Nique teams. The team always end up in the same place so why tank?