• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hate al horford still

volman

• Moderators
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Al is an offense beast of all of what he does. Scoring... no. But all around game. He is as good as they get. Him and Draymond Green in terms of bigs. Now I get it, he's not a #1 option and probably not a #2 option on offense but Atlanta should have gave him the 5th year. We played our hand wrong. 

The front office's attempts to keep him was amateur hour no doubt,  but it's apparent to me now that he wasn't coming back here.  'bad first offer' was just a convenient excuse for him.   He had made his mind up to leave.     

It doesn't matter though.   We wouldn't have been any better with Horford plugged into Sap's place.   PF is not our problem.   Honestly i'd be happy for Horford if he had left with some class and his family had shut the hell up about Atlanta fans.  

As much as i dislike him now, it was obviously a great move for him personally.     

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

It doesn't matter though.   We wouldn't have been any better with Horford plugged into Sap's place.   PF is not our problem.

Yeah the vanishing three pointer from us killed us on its own this time. Even if we had improved in other areas in the playoffs in the end if you can't hit a good number of threes your gonna be out pretty quick. 

• Like 3

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Yeah the vanishing three pointer from us killed us on its own this time. Even if we had improved in other areas in the playoffs in the end if you can't hit a good number of threes your gonna be out pretty quick. 

Amen.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

All hating aside, this dude has been balling in the playoffs

The offensive aggressiveness he showed last night is what I always wanted the dude to do here.  He looks much more quicker and decisive with his post moves. I remember this dude struggling to take guards as late as last season.  Now, he goes right at them.  Stevens even has him playing some "point center" in order to free up the small guards from all of the ball handling.  He's easily been the most offensive player in all of the playoffs so far.

We all know that he's capable of having games like these.  But it's the sustained consistency during the playoffs, that has been most impressive.   That, and the fact that he's shooting 57% 3FG and dishing out over 6 assists.   He's completely comfortable as the #2 guy, instead of having the pressure of being "the man".

But he was never the main guy here for any real length of time. I mean, I'm sure everything is easier when you're playing next to an explosive scorer like Thomas because he is going to draw so much attention.

That being said, Horford didn't improve Boston all that much this year. Yes, they got the number one seed, but there are so numbers that suggest that the Celtics are the worst number one seed of all time. They won... What... 5 more wins than last year and the Hawks lost 5 more games than last year. And don't forget that Teague was traded and basically replaced with nobody. Prince didn't start having any effect until really late in the season. Horford is only worth 3-5 wins at best.

Still, I don't know how anyone can call him the best offensive player with Lebron putting up the numbers he is putting up.

I don't blame Horford for leaving as much as blame him for tanking last year and playing like shit in the playoffs. He was mentally checked out by that point and it was obvious. Honestly, he played like he was mentally checked out the year before that also. But he did have some impact against Washington in the playoffs 2 years ago.

Years ago I thought Horford as the kind of professional that would play hard until his contract was up and he totally had me fooled on that. 

Edited by Hotlanta1981
  • Like 3

I don't see what's different than when he was with the Hawks.  He had a really good series with us against the Wiz last year too, there isn't much to argue with that.

Just like with the Hawks his test will be against Tristan and the Cavs.  Wake me up when the Celtics play them.

• Like 2

• Moderators
42 minutes ago, AUhawksfan said:

I don't see what's different than when he was with the Hawks.  He had a really good series with us against the Wiz last year too, there isn't much to argue with that.

Just like with the Hawks his test will be against Tristan and the Cavs.  Wake me up when the Celtics play them.

They won't.  Wiz coming back.

That would be one elbow to a pec or two and a very short series. Been wrong many times before but we have some documented history with this one. It would be very strange to actually pull for a LeBron team but Cavs/Celtics would be the one scenario that I would.  

• Like 2

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, Thomas said:

That would be one elbow to a pec or two and a very short series. Been wrong many times before but we have some documented history with this one. It would be very strange to actually pull for a LeBron team but Cavs/Celtics would be the one scenario that I would.  

It's much easier with Kyle there.   I like Deron, Jr, and frye too.   Lue is good for laughs.   only guy on the c's i can tolerate is bradley.   

• Like 3

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, AUhawksfan said:

The Wiz were a John Wall 3 away from losing but I might have to jump on this now too.  They have some momentum going into game 7 now.

The issue for the wiz is they don't play smart.   If the c's aren't hitting 3s then the wiz have a good chance.  otherwise it'll be a tough game 7.   Markieff and gortat really need to show up for this one.  

The diSeees' kryptonite is the same as ours was, basically.  Beat them on the boards, out-work them and you're fine.

Them wearing black for a 'funeral' then getting beat was just too much.

What if the Zards had done that (yea, I know they did it earlier in the season but I'm talking about the present), considering that the Selltics have gone through the past month or so?  Just in poor taste.  They deserve to lose now IMEO.

Gimme a Bootum Bootum of Al Horford after this game, GIMME.

Actual comment on this game: There is no freaking point at all for any Eastern team to try to seriously contend with LeBron's reign now. None at all. Everyone should retool.

6 hours ago, Lurker said:

Gimme a Bootum Bootum of Al Horford after this game, GIMME.

Actual comment on this game: There is no freaking point at all for any Eastern team to try to seriously contend with LeBron's reign now. None at all. Everyone should retool.

The Eastern Conference is just going to have to wait for Lebron to get old.

6 hours ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

The Eastern Conference is just going to have to wait for Lebron to get old.

Or injured.

I've already resigned myself to that fact.

7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Or injured.

I've already resigned myself to that fact.

Ok I'm gonna say this right now...I LOVE THAT KORVER DEAL. Our 2019 or 2020 1st pick is gonna look beautiful. Once Lebron is gone, I think they go full rebuild. I understand how good Lebron looks right now, but players with that kind of mileage go down FAST when they finally go down ...I say Lebron makes the finals this year and possibly next but no way in 2019... our pick is top 10 protected but I can totally see the Cavs being a borderline playoff team if that.

12 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

We need to get Zion, the next LeBron James. 

Stahhp.  Dude makes his hay vs some of the worst comp at the HS level in this country.  Let him prove a lil more before we put him in Lebron's company.  Remember Lebron made his name vs some of the best at his level.

But let's he honest here, the real question is how does Zion compare to Karl Malone ...

Wait For It

C'mon Supers, even you had to chuckle.