• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Free agents by teams for Hawks

Well since it's been updated I'd take

Shabazz-nice energy player to have as a 7th man

Rush-nice vet to add like a James Jones 

Yes to all of OKC's FAs aside from collison- I've always liked their pieces 

Ron baker-he's like a better younger version of Korver

Derrick Rose-Feel like he'd be a nice addition as long as it's for the right price and he accepts his backup role. 

The Orlando Magic are up next. Feels like they've been rebuilding ever since Dwight left. They need to continue to build, they got a ways to go.

No restricted free agents for the Magic.

Jeff Green is the first unrestricted. He's a good player but he's bounced around too many times. Why won't he stick with a club? I would pass on this guy at any price but that's me.

Jodie Meeks. I like this dude a lot. He's a shooter and any team, specially the Hawks could use a guy like this off the bench in the 2nd unit. The only thing I don't like are his injuries. At the right price, yes.

Damjan Rudez...Can't comment as I'm  OT familiar with his game. Did he play for the Pacers at some point. For me it's a pass just because I don't know him well, but if anyone knows his game please let us know if he's a fit.

Thoughts on how to make the Magic's free agents disappear?

IMG_0006.PNG

The Philadelphia 76ers are next up so just trust the process....(I find myself whispering these words throughout my everyday life..) lol. They don't seem to have too many major decisions on their own free agents but still a few.

The restricted one is Alex Poythress. Again haven't seen much of this guy. If anyone knows his game and if he fits the Hawks...I'm guessing probably not.

The unrestricted free agents start with Robert Covington. Now, there were a lot of rumors from the Teague/Noel to Hawks trade last year that included Covington and some of the squawkers loved him. I'm not in love with the guy because I think he produced good numbers on a horrible team. Having said that, he hits 3's. This is interesting for us, I think we take a look here possibly as a backup, 8th man maybe.

Sergio Rodriguez or should I call him Spanish laffy taffy? I like his trickery with the ball and the fact that he's a pass first point guard and can run a team. I don't like him because he's slow and he's getting old. We have Calderon, or had, I guess we take a quick look but I'd pass here, we have to do better at the backup point guard spot.

Last but not least our very own adopted from the Spurs son, Tiago Splitter. I enjoyed his suites so much I'd like to sign him again to a 3 or 4 year deal. NOOOOOTTTTT!!! I do believe that if he's ever healthy he can play, I just don't know if he ever will be again. 

Thoughts on the process and the Sixers?

IMG_0007.PNG

• Premium Member

I'd like to see us make a trade for one of the young Sixer SFs or PFs.  There is no way they can find the minutes for all these players, also factoring in the #3 pick in this years draft.

Next up the Suns. Seems like they've been building since Nash, Amare and the matrix.

Their restricted free agents are Alex Len and Alan Williams. I would personally like to skip out on both just because of their style of play. Len is gonna be a solid big and most likely a double double guy if given the minutes and Alan Williams is a journeyman but the dude hustles...even so, pass on both.

The unrestricted guy is Ronnie Price. We better do better for a backup point guard. Pass. 

Thoughts on the Suns?

IMG_0025.PNG

The next team we are covering is the Portland Trailblazers.

They have no restricted or unrestricted free agents...:-|

THATS JUST GREEEEEAAATTT!!!!

Thoughts on the Blazers and how you probably want the last 15 seconds of your life back?...:-|

IMG_0026.PNG

Since the Blazers screwed us over with their lack of free agents I thought we would cover another team. The Sacramento Kings are next and they seem to be rebuilding for the last 10 years. 

We start out with Langston Galloway. First off, it's a miracle that he isn't a Hawk already. He's been linked to us in like 50 rumored trades the last few years. But for me, I'm hoping we do better.

BenMac is next. Honestly, I thought he was going to be a better pro by now. He's still young but coming out of college they were comparing him to Ray Allen and I think Ray Allen should feel insulted...no to Ben for me.

The unrestricted free agents start out with Darren Collison. Again like Galloway, he's been linked to ya in trade rumors in the past. Personally I would have loved him a few years ago but I would pass now. The last couple years haven't been the best for him with the domestic charges and all. He's a talented guy who is still a top 10 backup point guard. 

Tyreke Evans is another dude that a lot of squawkers love that I just don't understand. I think he's talented but inconsistent and often injured. Hard pass for me on Tyreke.

Rudy Gay is next ...OMG, there is more love for Rudy Gay on squawk than you can even imagine. Again, hard pass on Gay for me.

Lastly, Ty Lawson. His last few years have been bad as well with all the booz and everything else. He isn't nearly the player that he was 4 years ago. He's on the decline and another hard pass for me. 

The Kings really just depressed me.

Thoughts on these misfits? Lol...

IMG_0027.PNG

I love Ben, I still think he hasn't found that fit yet. I am not sure what that fit is for him but he has talent and works extremely hard. I would love to try to land him if someone offers us too much for Tim. Maybe for 7-8 per. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I love Ben, I still think he hasn't found that fit yet. I am not sure what that fit is for him but he has talent and works extremely hard. I would love to try to land him if someone offers us too much for Tim. Maybe for 7-8 per. 

I dunno...he's heading into year 5 now with career averages of 9.4 points, 2.6 boards, and 1.2 dimes. I would be afraid that he might never come around. Looks like all the tools are there, and it's not like he hasn't been given a chance as the Kings play him over 25 minutes a game.

What do you think of his defense? 

1 hour ago, Spud2Nique said:

I dunno...he's heading into year 5 now with career averages of 9.4 points, 2.6 boards, and 1.2 dimes. I would be afraid that he might never come around. Looks like all the tools are there, and it's not like he hasn't been given a chance as the Kings play him over 25 minutes a game.

What do you think of his defense? 

I'd have Collison to back up Dennis

Wouldn't offer Ben Mc more that $6 mil.  He has not improved in any area of his game since entering the league.

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'd have Collison to back up Dennis

Wouldn't offer Ben Mc more that $6 mil.  He has not improved in any area of his game since entering the league.

McLemore is basically the same player he was in HS but he hasn't "found his fit yet" per my man Supers.  SMDH  Let it go ... let it gooooo ...

3 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheSquawk said:

Jodie Meeks is the only one I'd take out of the past few teams FA list.... on a trading note tho if the Magic are still dangling Vucevic I wouldn't be opposed to sending Dwight and a pick their way for him.... 

That's a tremendous overpay.  Vucevic is basically white Greg Monroe.  In fact, Monroe is better at what they do than Vuc is.

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

That's a tremendous overpay.  Vucevic is basically white Greg Monroe.  In fact, Monroe is better at what they do than Vuc is.

I definitely disagree. I think Vuc is a great fit with Bud and has half the salary of Dwight. I think that the swap would not only make the Hawks better because Vuc is here, but we could also spend another 10 million in free agency. Also, here are their shot charts. Vuc has more of a midrange and long range game. I think he could be Horford-esque with Budball.

IMG_9072.PNG

IMG_9073.PNG

Edited by CP61

6 minutes ago, AHF said:

Kudos to Spud for driving a great discussion thread here with his writeups on every team.  Great thread to catch up on today.

indeed-well-played-sir-thumb.jpg

Sometimes...he surprises us with a little knowledge.