• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Do you believe the Hawks would do the same offer for Jimmy Butler?

JTB

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

Not sure that it's really on topic of the thread but FWIW: the CBA forbids the S&T of a RFA.

IIRC, A SnT can happen as long as the RFA does sign an offer sheet from another team.   If he signs an offer sheet, the SnT rules  no longer applies.  If he doesn't but a team is interested, both teams can negotiate a SnT.

(unless the new CBA changed that)

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Bankingitbig said:

Funny how everyone has different opinions on draft picks and trades. I was actually thinking there is no way the Bulls would listen to that offer (Bembry, Baze, 2017 1st (19th), 2018 Minny pick (1-14 protected), and Cavs 2019 pick (1-10) protected for Butler). Three late first round picks, a negative in Baze and an unproven rookie that can't shoot for one of the younger all-stars in the league that plays one of the highest demanded positions? I would laugh at that offer and hang up the phone if I was Garpax. Would do that deal in a heartbeat if I was the Hawks.

Same.  They would laugh and chuck that in the garbage.

• Like 1

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Butler was the 30th pick in 2011.

That is like valuing a lottery ticket by the payout to the winner.  You have to combine the upside with the odds to get a true value.  Our late round picks aren't worth much and Bazemore is a toxic asset that teams would have to be paid to take.  Those types of assets may get us another Ilyasova type reserve but won't get us an All-NBA player like Butler.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

You would still need a Superstar with them on the team because neither aint one

Lol...ok so we have what, 5 superstars in the league? Nique ain't walkin through those doors youngun.