Dwight trying to leave ATL?

BigDog90

Is some of the reason for Dwight not getting that many touches on Dennis? Definitely.

But there is a very good reason why multiple teams have not really seen him as a good, efficient option in the post anymore since he left Orlando, even when Dwight disagrees, and the evidence is there its not that great of an idea.

I said that game 4 from the playoff series earlier this year will be the most memorable, but it actually wasn't the best summary of how the Hawks were at their best, no matter how memorable and funny this game was. I'm not going to say something dumb and say that game 5 was, I'm going to say game 3 was. There was plenty of evidence throughout the season that the Hawks were at their best on the offensive end when it played Schröder/Millsap as the centerfield playmaker in PNR, and with the wing players playing off of Millsap's passing ability. The problem is the team didn't know what it was, so it didn't commit to that.

I do not think that Schröder is the best passer outside of PNR situations with versatile bigs but sorry, I doubt that a big change happens if you put a top 5-10 caliber PG on the team and get Dwight more involved in this hypothetical world.

5 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Horford - I think his previous agent left the agency to join the NBA so he was forced to find a new agent.

Yeah, Tellem joined the Pistons then he hired Bill Duffy and ended up with Jason Glushon all in his last year in ATL.

4 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Or big dog 90 my bad lol

I'm just throwing theories out there because I see Dwight's agent changes hadn't been covered by local media so who knows. 

Players usually don't change agents like that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lurker said:

I'm not a "its a conspiracy!" person but this could indicate two things:

1. Dwight still sees himself as a superstar and is very mad about no endorsements.
2. This is the real conspiracy post, but perhaps in that chat with Bud, Bud told him that "while we might not have gotten the ball inside to you enough, we don't really see you as a major offensive option" and he's very unhappy about it (and half of the AJC blog would absolutely ROAR if this was in the media).

Exactly! That's what I was trying to say in my initial explanation. 

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Dwight neefs to be more Tyson Chandler, less whatever he thinks he should be.

Right! I think he still thinks highly of himself. I wish he was more like Elton Brand, another former No. 1 who came to ATL, adapted to the system instead of forcing the team to adapt to him in order for him to be effective. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Lurker said:

Is some of the reason for Dwight not getting that many touches on Dennis? Definitely.

But there is a very good reason why multiple teams have not really seen him as a good, efficient option in the post anymore since he left Orlando, even when Dwight disagrees, and the evidence is there its not that great of an idea.

I said that game 4 from the playoff series earlier this year will be the most memorable, but it actually wasn't the best summary of how the Hawks were at their best, no matter how memorable and funny this game was. I'm not going to say something dumb and say that game 5 was, I'm going to say game 3 was. There was plenty of evidence throughout the season that the Hawks were at their best on the offensive end when it played Schröder/Millsap as the centerfield playmaker in PNR, and with the wing players playing off of Millsap's passing ability. The problem is the team didn't know what it was, so it didn't commit to that.

I do not think that Schröder is the best passer outside of PNR situations with versatile bigs but sorry, I doubt that a big change happens if you put a top 5-10 caliber PG on the team and get Dwight more involved in this hypothetical world.

Attribute this quote, "a lie told once remains a lie, but a lie told a thousand times becomes the truth".  (see bottom for the source)

Just keep telling yourself that a player who gets 12+ rebounds a game in 29 minutes and who shoots 63% from the field is a bad thing and eventually, you will believe it.

Answer: Joseph Goebbels - Minister of Propaganda, Germany - 1933-1945.

Edited by thecampster
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, thecampster said:

Attribute this quote, "a lie told once remains a lie, but a lie told a thousand times becomes the truth".  (see bottom for the source)

Just keep telling yourself that a player who gets 12+ rebounds a game in 29 minutes and who shoots 63% from the field is a bad thing and eventually, you will believe it.

Answer: Joseph Goebbels - Minister of Propaganda, Germany - 1933-1945.

They are a bad thing when they turn it over spamming the post and their rebounding are just because they're big. Keep spinning, but your boy impacts winning at a grand total of zero. The stats should be trashed, look at the reality.

And I know there are issues with Dennis and he has issues with impacting winning, but at least he isn't older and has tons of athleticism, but never gained a feel for the game.

Okay so just to be a jerk here, I did some really deep digging for some real usage stats. All this complaining about Dwight. Do you realize that he only had the ball in his possession for a total of 90 minutes last year?

http://stats.nba.com/players/touches/#!?Season=2016-17&SeasonType=Regular Season&TeamID=1610612737&sort=TIME_OF_POSS&dir=1&PerMode=Totals

Thabo Sefalosha handled the ball only 9 minutes less than Dwight. Kent Bazemore 27 more minutes. Delaney 117 more minutes than Dwight. Hell, Delaney handled the ball 57 more minutes than Paul Millsap.  Kris Humphries barely played, but he managed 30 minutes. Now think of how much of that 90 minutes (5400 seconds) was Dwight grabbing his 940 rebounds.  Dwight handled the ball for less than 6 seconds per rebound he got. Quit your bellyaching and find a new target.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Okay so just to be a jerk here, I did some really deep digging for some real usage stats. All this complaining about Dwight. Do you realize that he only had the ball in his possession for a total of 90 minutes last year?

http://stats.nba.com/players/touches/#!?Season=2016-17&SeasonType=Regular Season&TeamID=1610612737&sort=TIME_OF_POSS&dir=1&PerMode=Totals

Thabo Sefalosha handled the ball only 9 minutes less than Dwight. Kent Bazemore 27 more minutes. Delaney 117 more minutes than Dwight. Hell, Delaney handled the ball 57 more minutes than Paul Millsap.  Kris Humphries barely played, but he managed 30 minutes. Now think of how much of that 90 minutes (5400 seconds) was Dwight grabbing his 940 rebounds.  Dwight handled the ball for less than 6 seconds per rebound he got. Quit your bellyaching and find a new target.

You'll never budge @Lurker about Dwight, it's in her mitochondria. I waste no more time with it.

51 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Dennis only #10 in the league in touches? He needs the ball more often in his hands :cool:

4 hours ago, thecampster said:

Reality check, Dwight is credited with 2.3 turnovers/game. Some of those are attributed to passes at the ankles, and the normal T/O when you pull down a rebound and it gets stripped.  Did the big feller make mistakes, yes. But not a day goes buy where I don't see a post where you trash the man.  You specifically stated turn overs from spamming the post.  We've already gone over how many shot attempts per game he got and how many of those are self created. Are you really bent out of shape over 2.3 turnovers per game?

Using your logic, If 2.3 to/game is terrible, then James Harden's 5.7 turnovers per game means he should be out of the league. Russell Westbrook's 5.4 per game are team destroyers.  Demarcus Cousin's 3.7 /game makes him 50% worse than Dwight.  Brook Lopez at 2 inches taller than Dwight, with longer arms and committing 2.5 turnovers per game is better despite getting only 5.4 rebounds per game.

Do you realize how ridiculous your arguments are? Nobody cares "why" someone gets rebounds. If he/she is rebounding at a rate of 1 every 2.33 minutes...I want him. Demarcus Cousins, who in case you missed it is bigger, totaled 11 rebounds/game last year in 5 more minutes per game than Dwight.  Cousins averages 1 rebound every 3.12 minutes.  I truly believe you don't understand how special what Dwight did last year was despite the insanely low usage.

Of the 4 players who all out rebounded Dwight last year, all played the same or more minutes. 2 shot worse...yes you heard that right, worse from the free throw line. Dwight had more assists than all 4.  Yes, in a league of 450+ players, only 4 out-rebounded him and they all played more minutes.  There are plenty of "big" people in the league. Rebounding is effort, awareness.

Dwight Howard is 1 inch and 20 lbs heavier than Al Horford. Do you honestly think 1 inch and 20 lbs automatically equals 5.9 more rebounds in 3 less minutes per game? I mean come on. Rebounding and defense win championships. We saw what happened when we had a soft center the last 7 years.  Cleveland destroyed us.

Yes, stats matter. Especially efficiency stats, PER vs Opponent PER, etc. They are measures of what win basketball games.  Flashy out of control players, pretty boy big men standing 20 feet from the basket, gimmick offenses might look good to the eye, but they lose every time. Solid defense creating rebounding / fast break opportunities have won basketball games since the good doctor first hung a peach basket....and it always will. 2nd chance opportunities are the biggest momentum shifts in basketball. Rebounders put that to bed.

You know that you aren't going to budge me. Dwight is a worthless POS that needs to be shot out of a cannon into space. He is trash, he only gets rebounds through being big and not effort, if he gets out efforted, he loses.

Edited by Lurker

Stats are completely useless trash when it comes to Dwight Howard. If he was in place instead of Al Horford against Cleveland, Cleveland would have stomped Atlanta into total oblivion 4 straight times by 30-40 with Kyrie dropping 50 every game. It doesn't matter how much he's being "fed", he will NOT impact winning. He can't guard the PNR on defense, he has NO post moves, he's completely useless on offense if he's not near the basket, all he cares about is posting up, when all of the other players are doing something else, which causes turnovers.

Dwight Howard should be shipped out of the league pronto.

• Moderators

Any poster:

"I think Dwight is the worst player in the NBA."

Lurker:

"I reject that because he is worse than everyone in the NBADL, in college and on most high school teams."

• Like 2

4 hours ago, thecampster said:

That just makes my point better. If Dwight were *****posting***** more, he'd be turning it over 4-5 times per game.

Dwight Howard in the post is a turnover unless he is 6 inches from the basket. There is a d**n good reason why he will NEVER EVER be used as a main option by Bud. It's because he'll clog up the team even more than what it is. If he was taking 15 shots a game, like folks like y'all are HOWLING for, the Hawks would have gone 34-48.