Dwight trying to leave ATL?

BigDog90

2 minutes ago, Bankingitbig said:

Saw hawksfanatic say that his new agent will be his 4th since February 2016. He probably still thinks he should be getting superstar endorsements or something, which isn't happening. Who knows...

Yeah, that is true. Fired Fegan in '16, hired Perry Rogers (agent who got him the Hawks deal, hired Andy Miller in April and now they no longer work together.

Interesting. I can't recall seeing any Dwight commercials. I know Rogers was supposed to market him as Superman and have commercials with Shaq.

The agent timing is really odd.

I know Horford went through several agents during his last year in ATL. I assume to find someone to guarantee him a max deal.

I wonder if Dwight wants to be somewhere else to be "The Man" like he was in ORL since I doubt Bud promised him that role for next season.

7 minutes ago, BigDog90 said:

Yeah, that is true. Fired Fegan in '16, hired Perry Rogers (agent who got him the Hawks deal, hired Andy Miller in April and now they no longer work together.

Interesting. I can't recall seeing any Dwight commercials. I know Rogers was supposed to market him as Superman and have commercials with Shaq.

The agent timing is really odd.

I know Horford went through several agents during his last year in ATL. I assume to find someone to guarantee him a max deal.

I wonder if Dwight wants to be somewhere else to be "The Man" like he was in ORL since I doubt Bud promised him that role for next season.

I'll post this on every thread involving Dwight. Let him be the man again in Orlando and trade him and some picks for Vucevic. It would be strictly a marketing gimmick for Orlando, but Vuc would be great here and, for now, is half the price of Dwight. It could then become feasible that Millsap stays and the team isn't crippled going forward.

15 minutes ago, BigDog90 said:

Horford - I think his previous agent left the agency to join the NBA so he was forced to find a new agent.

16 minutes ago, BigDog90 said:

please.gif

tumblr_inline_ngnd1wEx761sjvw3v.gif

• Admin
1 hour ago, BigDog90 said:

Too bad he does not have the ability to be the 'Man' anymore.  He use to use his athleticism to jump over everyone and dominate that way ... as a center or a player who bases his game on his athleticism ages, he needs to develop new facets to his game to stay relevant ... Howard has not done this.  He still thinks he was the player he was 10 years ago ... the problem is he is not and has not improved at all ... his effort wanes as well and he is not remotely a dominant player.  He is a good player but he doesn't impact the game the way he thinks he does.  His attitude and rep has taken a MAJOR hit too over the last few years ... going to be hard to endorse that kind of guy.  He is no longer seen as one of the elite players in the league and that guy who wore a superman costume in the dunk contest.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Lmao cp619 is pushing it...welcome cp6119 lol..

Hey I do think he'd like to leave too based on his attitude in the playoffs (I don't blame him). I really love Dwight and was very happy to get the hometown kid, but I just think it's better for everyone if he went somewhere he could be happier. I don't think the agent is any indication though.

I'm not a "its a conspiracy!" person but this could indicate two things:

1. Dwight still sees himself as a superstar and is very mad about no endorsements.
2. This is the real conspiracy post, but perhaps in that chat with Bud, Bud told him that "while we might not have gotten the ball inside to you enough, we don't really see you as a major offensive option" and he's very unhappy about it (and half of the AJC blog would absolutely ROAR if this was in the media).

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

I belive the last Hawks center to put up Dwight numbers for ATL was Moses Malone in the late 80s.  Let that sink in.  He was misused by Bud bigtime imho.  

Moses was also a mixed bag back then.  Past his prime on D and a black hole once the ball went to him but still could bull his way in to score and hit the boards pretty hard.  Enjoyed watching him when he was here but didn't miss him much when he was gone.

• Like 2

• Admin
25 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

I belive the last Hawks center to put up Dwight numbers for ATL was Moses Malone in the late 80s.  Let that sink in.  He was misused by Bud bigtime imho.  

I thought he did a great job of rebounding ... his defense was disappointing as I was hoping for a dominant rim protector but he was just average ... his offense wasn't good ... his game is really put backs ... I was really disappointed about his lack of post play ... some of it falls on Dennis and others but he was never in there banging for position .... just seemed like he would stand there... not what I was hoping for

3 hours ago, CP61 said:

I'll post this on every thread involving Dwight. Let him be the man again in Orlando and trade him and some picks for Vucevic. It would be strictly a marketing gimmick for Orlando, but Vuc would be great here and, for now, is half the price of Dwight. It could then become feasible that Millsap stays and the team isn't crippled going forward.

vucci is pretty bad at making an impact. do not want for his price

I can see where this thread is heading so Imma just...

giphy.gif

.......but before I go: Unfortunately Dwight has not developed his game as he aged. What made him great was his speed, agility and size.  As he has lost a step, he is just not as impactful night in night out and can't find ways to impact the game in other ways.  He'll give you spurts when we remember 'Orlando Dwight' but all in all not much to be excited about.