• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

P.J. Dozier

Blunt91

I have been watching some highlights of this guy and he seems to have pretty good defense instincts.  He is listed as a PG for the gamecocks but I think is more of a combo guard.  He is 6'6 with a solid 200lbs frame, has decent vision, good defense instincts but not the best shooter (shot 28% on 3's).    I would not pick him at 19 as I think that is a stretch but I don't think he last till the 31st pick.   Teams like Portland and Brooklyn may snatch him up.   Would you try to move up from 31 to get him?  It would probably take us giving up the 2019 late 1strounder from Cleveland to get him.    However, is he worth giving up a late 1st rounder to get him?

1 minute ago, Blunt91 said:

I have been watching some highlights of this guy and he seems to have pretty good defense instincts.  He is listed as a PG for the gamecocks but I think is more of a combo guard.  He is 6'6 with a solid 200lbs frame, has decent vision, good defense instincts but not the best shooter (shot 28% on 3's).    I would not pick him at 19 as I think that is a stretch but I don't think he last till the 31st pick.   Teams like Portland and Brooklyn may snatch him up.   Would you try to move up from 31 to get him?  It would probably take us giving up the 2019 late 1strounder from Cleveland to get him.    However, is he worth giving up a late 1st rounder to get him?

I think it depends on who the Hawks select at 19 and who's available at 31.  I definitely would not be opposed to him at 31.  He has plenty of upside.  He's not a combo guard he's a straight up 2 with some play making  ability. 

He needed to stay another year at South Cackalacky because of a trend we've seen start very recently with Frank Martin's teams. Martin would have likely played him in stints at the small PF spot. He would have been my sleeper pick for SEC POY next season and to have helium in the '18 draft.

He has NBA talent but until his shot gets consistent I don't see how he gets off of the bench.

Like another posted has said, Bembry is nearly the same player from height, length, and skill set. Both can't shoot and Bembry may be the better 3 shooter which is a bright red flag.

It'll be so many viable options at 31 that Dozier shouldn't really be in the picture, imo.