• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who are the 9 for 19?

KB21

CViv recently tweeted out that Travis Schlenk made the statement that there are 9 players the Hawks are looking at with the 19th pick.  So, who do you think the 9 players are?

We know that Jarrett Allen will work out and that there is apparently a focus on bigs in this draft.  We also know that Mike Budenholzer likes to go with two bigs rather than running out a small ball line up.  So, I think it is likely that the Hawks draft two bigs with the 19th and 31st pick.  There is also a chance that someone they are looking at with the 19th pick will be there at 31.  

My guess:

Jarrett Allen, C, Texas

Justin Patton, C, Creighton

Jonathan Jeanne, C, Nancy

Harry Giles, PF, Duke

Isaiah Hartenstein, PF, Zalgiris

DJ Wilson, PF/C, Michigan

Anzejs Pasecniks, C, Gran Canaria

OG Anunoby, Wing, Indiana

John Collins, PF, Wake Forest

Edited by KB21

I've wanted someone to start this thread like this. I think they are:

1. OG Anunoby

2. John Collins

3. Isiah Hartenstein 

4. Justin Patton 

5. Semi Ojeleye 

6. Jarrett Allen

7. Donovan Mitchell

8. Jonathan Jeanne

9. Luke Kennard

I really don't like the idea of drafting a non-stretch big though so this isn't my top 9. If the Hawks stay at 19, I think the pick will come from this 9.

There is no Guarantee that Hartenstein stays in the Draft.  He had a somewhat shaky showing at the Nike Hoop Summit back in April.  I think that is why NBADraft.net pulled him of this years Mock Draft.  International players have until June 12th to pull out of the draft.

1 hour ago, Blunt91 said:

There is no Guarantee that Hartenstein stays in the Draft.  He had a somewhat shaky showing at the Nike Hoop Summit back in April.  I think that is why NBADraft.net pulled him of this years Mock Draft.  International players have until June 12th to pull out of the draft.

I remember a few years ago I was all aboard the Porzingis to Atlanta train and It was reported  that he would go no later than whatever number of pick we had, so I think we probably promised him. Then he backed out last minute. What could have been. Especially since the same reports came out about Giannis and the Hawks. There was a real chance we could ha e had Dennis, Giannis, and Porzingis in two drafts.

From DraftExpress:

Porzingis has reportedly received assurances he'll be selected in the top-15 of the draft as enticement to stay in at the June 16th deadline according to sources close to the situation, and still needs to decide if he wants to accept that. He would likely stay another year in Spain and come over in 2015. It's possible that with another year of seasoning Porzingis could be selected much higher than this, but there are no assurances of that materializing. The Hawks have shown no qualms in the past about doling out promises to international prospects (for example Giannis Antetokounmpo last year), and many NBA teams feel strongly that they are the ones who offered him the guarantee.

Edited by CP61

8 hours ago, DBac said:

Praying that they slip:

Frank Ntilikina 

Lauri Markkenen

Injury risks:

OG Anunoby 

Harry Giles 

Likely there at 19:

Luke Kennard

Jarrett Allen

Ike Anigbogu

Isaiah Hartenstein

Jawun Evans

I don't think the Hawks pick a PG at 19, especially one that does not have much size( only 5'11 w/o shoes).

• Like 1

vor 11 Stunden, Blunt91 sagte:

Nbadraft.net is trash but you're right. 50/50 but I personally think that he stays in the Draft.

Edited by ISOJOE

2 hours ago, Blunt91 said:

I don't think the Hawks pick a PG at 19, especially one that does not have much size( only 5'11 w/o shoes).

You're probably right. I listed Jawun because backup PG has been a weakness and he's probably the best player available though. I don't think they actually take him, but I miss the days where the Hawks always had a starting caliber PG on the floor.

11 hours ago, CP61 said:

I remember a few years ago I was all aboard the Porzingis to Atlanta train and It was reported  that he would go no later than whatever number of pick we had, so I think we probably promised him. Then he backed out last minute. What could have been. Especially since the same reports came out about Giannis and the Hawks. There was a real chance we could ha e had Dennis, Giannis, and Porzingis in two drafts.

From DraftExpress:

Porzingis has reportedly received assurances he'll be selected in the top-15 of the draft as enticement to stay in at the June 16th deadline according to sources close to the situation, and still needs to decide if he wants to accept that. He would likely stay another year in Spain and come over in 2015. It's possible that with another year of seasoning Porzingis could be selected much higher than this, but there are no assurances of that materializing. The Hawks have shown no qualms in the past about doling out promises to international prospects (for example Giannis Antetokounmpo last year), and many NBA teams feel strongly that they are the ones who offered him the guarantee.

I think it will be interesting to see if there will be a shift in scouting with Schlenk in place.  With Ferry and Bud, there was a definite affinity for international guys.   As the article states, they wanted Giannis and Kristaps, and they took Dennis.  Their second round picks are filled with international prospects.  

Golden State though did not draft many internationals.  They seemed to focus on players that had proven themselves in college.  

I can still see Hartenstein as a guy the Hawks would want given their history, but we will see if Travis shares that view. 

Mine (for just 19):

1. Isaiah Hartenstein
2. Donovan Mitchell
3. Justin Patton
4. Justin Jackson
5. Ivan Rabb
6. OG Anunoby (I'd need his medicals though)
7. TJ Leaf
8. Luke Kennard
9. DJ Wilson

So this isn't in order, and 9 is actually tough to do for 19.

Edited by Lurker

43 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Hasn't the deadline already passed for prospects to stay in the draft or is it different for international?

It's different for the International guys, DE says they have until June 12th.

~If Kennard falls to 19, which is doubtful, Bud would be salivating as he's the best shooter in the draft. And Luke would probably be the pick.

~Allen, especially after that long day with the Hawks he just had, is the most probable pick in my eyes. May already be off the board anywhere from 12-18 though.

~19th may be a little too high for Hartenstein, unless Kennard and Allen are off the board and he's the one they covet. Might still be around at 31, but that's pushing it.

~19th is DEFINITELY too high for Evans, who'll definitely still be around at 31.

Edited by hazer
  • Like 1

Can Kennard play defense, or is he just a shooter? I really don't know, but if he can't I wouldn't want him starting with Dennis long term. Actually, he's only got a 6'5 wingspan, so Schlenk's specific comments about length don't match him at all. 

Edited by CP61

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Does this mean we've id'd 2 of the 9 then?  Jackson to work out for the Hawks this week.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/basketball/north-carolina-jackson-vanderbilt-kornet-work-out-for-hawks/7IKdOw6XPGbnxHnwd8BLlK/

Luke Kornet to also work out.  2nd round/summer league guy.

Very possible.  The fit with Justin Jackson is like a glove on this team.  He would add much needed floor spacing and perimeter defense.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Very possible.  The fit with Justin Jackson is like a glove on this team.  He would add much needed floor spacing and perimeter defense.

Unfortunately, I feel like Charlotte will take him. With Michael Jordan as their owner and the fit being really nice, I have a hard time seeing them passing on him. 

1 minute ago, CP61 said:

Unfortunately, I feel like Charlotte will take him. With Michael Jordan as their owner and the fit being really nice, I have a hard time seeing them passing on him. 

Even with Batum there on a new deal and then force-feeding MKG onto the floor at the 3/4?  It'd be a bad pick IMO but I can totally see them making it.

I saw Jackson mock'd at SAC too.

Jackson is flying up the boards because he has very little risk and he's already proven he performs on the biggest of stages. I'd trade up to 10-14 to take him. He might be worth the investment. His IQ seems really good now and under Bud for even 2 years would be off the charts. 

We can start using our assets possibly. The Minny and Or Cavs pick.

Just now, Spud2Nique said:

Jackson is flying up the boards because he has very little risk and he's already proven he performs on the biggest of stages. I'd trade up to 10-14 to take him. He might be worth the investment. His IQ seems really good now and under Bud for even 2 years would be off the charts. 

We can start using our assets possibly. The Minny and Or Cavs pick.

Sacramento has no 2019 first right now. We have two. I think that a package could get done. It doesn't have to be for Jackson. 

• Like 2