• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who are the 9 for 19?

KB21

5 minutes ago, CP61 said:

Sacramento has no 2019 first right now. We have two. I think that a package could get done. It doesn't have to be for Jackson. 

Also Sac is trying to trade #5 and #10 to move up to #3 for Fox. If they get one less lottery pick this year you have to assume they might desire an asset in 2019. But obviously if they want to do that they are no good to us..unless they use #5 and WCS to move to #3...that way we can still get #10 and get a guy we like.

1 minute ago, Spud2Nique said:

Also Sac is trying to trade #5 and #10 to move up to #3 for Fox. If they get one less lottery pick this year you have to assume they might desire an asset in 2019. But obviously if they want to do that they are no good to us..unless they use #5 and WCS to move to #3...that way we can still get #10 and get a guy we like.

I strongly believe Philly will want Monk, so moving down to 5 makes sense for them. I think that SAC could get Fox at 5, but they really are a dumb franchise, so who knows?

47 minutes ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Not sure if he was among the IX, but hopefully nobody's draft hopes have been Kurucshed.

~lw3

Oh thank God...don't get me wrong I love euros but not this year...

My big board:

#19:

1. Donovan Mitchell

2. Luke Kennard

3. Harry Giles

4. TJ Leaf

5. Justin Jackson

6. John Collins

7. OG Anunoby

#31:

1. Isaiah Hartenstein

2. Ivan Rabb

3. Semi Ojeleye

4. Caleb Swanigan 

5. Kyle Kuzma

#60 (Get any potential backup PG available):

1. Frank Mason

2. Kobi Simmons

3. Nigel Williams-Goss

4.Monte Morris

5. Sindarius Thornwell

Edited by GameTime

3 minutes ago, coachx said:

Justin Jackson

Donovan Mitchell

TJ Leaf

Justin Patton

Jarret Allen

Johnathan Motley

Kyle Kuzma

Terrance Ferguson

John Collins

What do you like about Leaf? Just curious.

23 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

What do you like about Leaf? Just curious.

A 6'10'' big who can shoot and pass fits the modern NBA game.   His shooting isn't just good....its elite. We need bigs and we need shooters. Leaf is both of those things. He is more athletic than many think. He would play well in Bud's system. I also like that he jumped in right as a true freshman and was elite.

His floor looks like Ryan Anderson to me. That is great value at #19.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, coachx said:

A 6'10'' big who can shoot and pass fits the modern NBA game.   His shooting isn't just good....its elite. We need bigs and we need shooters. Leaf is both of those things. He is more athletic than many think. He would play well in Bud's system. I also like that he jumped in right as a true freshman and was elite.

His floor looks like Ryan Anderson to me. That is great value at #19.

He only shot 58 threes last year. Some bad rolls here and there and his "elite" shooting percentage doesn't look so hot. Now he's got a good looking shot, but that low number of attempts scares me off from him at 19. 

http://www.nba.com/hawks/features/draft-profile-can-undersized-jordan-bell-be-force-nba?cid=hawks_17draft_s_061317_t_jbell#

This is about as glowing an endorsement of a prospect as I've ever seen. He did workout here. I feel like his stock has skyrocketed lately to the point I could see him being a lottery pick, but he definitely could be one of the 9. If you can teach an elite defender to shoot, then you could have a star.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, CP61 said:

http://www.nba.com/hawks/features/draft-profile-can-undersized-jordan-bell-be-force-nba?cid=hawks_17draft_s_061317_t_jbell#

This is about as glowing an endorsement of a prospect as I've ever seen. He did workout here. I feel like his stock has skyrocketed lately to the point I could see him being a lottery pick, but he definitely could be one of the 9. If you can teach an elite defender to shoot, then you could have a star.

92.9 The Game, thinking it was Rick & John, were interviewing Bud a few weeks ago and one of them brought up Jordan Bell as their favorite pick for 31st. From his reaction, you could tell that Bud's eyes "lit up" when he said it. I don't remember Bud's exact words, but they were along the lines of "Bell is someone we'd be very interested in at 31." He didn't exactly telegraph it that strongly, but Rick or John kept going back to "Ahhhhhhhh, we've touched on something with Bell at 31, would love to see it Bud!"

Edited by hazer
  • Like 1

Jackson at 19, Bell at 31, and a backup PG at 60 (Mason or Morris) would be an excellent 1st draft for Schlenkholzer...

Edited by hazer
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, hazer said:

Jackson at 19, Bell at 31, and a backup PG at 60 (Mason or Morris) would be an excellent 1st draft for Schlenkholzer...

I don't think Bell will be available at 31 though. His stock just seems to have risen too high. The sixers publicly compared him to Dennis Rodman recently. Now I would absolutely love the draft you put out there, but I don't think any of those players will be available at any of those picks. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, CP61 said:

I don't think Bell will be available at 31 though. His stock just seems to have risen too high. The sixers publicly compared him to Dennis Rodman recently. Now I would absolutely love the draft you put out there, but I don't think any of those players will be available at any of those picks. 

True, but DX does have Bell listed at 35th. Although NBADraft has him at 28th. It would be a steal draft if Schlenkholzer can pull off all 3 though...

He can play the 4 and 5, do they pull a Prince and snag him at 19th if their man is already gone?

Edited by hazer
  • Like 1

This guy excites me!!

dunk_n_block.0.gif

Bell dunks it for 2 on one end and then blocks the shot in transition on the other!

People won't buy into it, but if there is something to his jump shot and shot creation ability that wasn't really seen/used at Oregon, then this guy will be a star level player in the NBA.  He's that type of athlete and defender.  If the shot isn't there, he's still a strong starting level role player. 

Take him at 19.

I want to get my hands on the video of Oregon vs Baylor from this past year, because the Bell/Motley match up had to be extremely fun to watch.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, hazer said:

True, but DX does have Bell listed at 35th. Although NBADraft has him at 28th. It would be a steal draft if Schlenkholzer can pull off all 3 though...

He can play the 4 and 5, do they pull a Prince and snag him at 19th if their man is already gone?

If he was gettable at 31 or in a trade up from there, I think pairing him with John Collins could end up being huge for both of them. I think John Collins is a center and he's about the same size Al Horford was. He's a beast on the offensive end, and everyone says, if he just gets to be an average defender, he could be a great player. Everyone says the opposite about Jordan Bell. If they were paired together and coach Bud was able to make their weak aspect of the game passable, they could set up the front court for years.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
48 minutes ago, KB21 said:

This guy excites me!!

dunk_n_block.0.gif

Bell dunks it for 2 on one end and then blocks the shot in transition on the other!

People won't buy into it, but if there is something to his jump shot and shot creation ability that wasn't really seen/used at Oregon, then this guy will be a star level player in the NBA.  He's that type of athlete and defender.  If the shot isn't there, he's still a strong starting level role player. 

Take him at 19.

I want to get my hands on the video of Oregon vs Baylor from this past year, because the Bell/Motley match up had to be extremely fun to watch.

I really like this guy but 19 is quite a bit higher than where he's projected to go. But if the Colonel and Bud think this is their guy, by all means go get him. Taurean was considered a 'reach' at #12 last season and we see how that turned out.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, hawkman said:

I really like this guy but 19 is quite a bit higher than where he's projected to go. But if the Colonel and Bud think this is their guy, by all means go get him. Taurean was considered a 'reach' at #12 last season and we see how that turned out.

I said the exact same thing in another thread. Prince was a reach, so what, he fit our system and we liked him, who cares what others think. 

Unfortunately both Semi and Bell are climbing and neither will be there at 31...Take one of them at 19...that's what I'd do if Justin Jackson or OG were off the board.

34 minutes ago, hawkman said:

If Jordan Bell were 19 years old and not nearly as productive as he was this past season, everyone would be frothing at the mouth over his potential.  But because he is 22 years old and seasoned in college, he's a late first round projection despite the fact that he still has just as much potential as the 19 year olds in this draft who are not nearly as productive.

• Like 1