• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who are the 9 for 19?

KB21

I love the idea of Hawks (and Falcs) bucking conventional wisdom and just taking the guy they like as soon as they want to take him. Like Prince last year, or Bell this year. Could happen, like I said Bud "lit up" in that interview when they started talking about Bell. To the point where he acted like he didn't want to talk about it for fear of giving too much away...

• Like 1

I love Jordan Bell, but I don't think his age is why he's lower on draft boards.

If he had better size or length, he'd be a lottery pick. He's about 6'8 225 with a 6'11 wingspan. Draymond is actually shorter, but he has a tremendous base and longer arms. It'll be important to see if Jordan Bell's leaping ability** can balance it out. But there were plays where his size was clearly an issue like vs North Carolina when Kennedy Meeks bulldozed him out of the way twice. 

That said I'd be cool with taking him at 19. He can be a high level role player on a championship team, probably not a starter unless he develops a 3 point shot. 

Edited by DBac

If they miss they look like fools for picking out of order, but if they hit (on Prince and Bell)? Geniuses...

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, hazer said:

I love the idea of Hawks (and Falcs) bucking conventional wisdom and just taking the guy they like as soon as they want to take him. Like Prince last year, or Bell this year. Could happen, like I said Bud "lit up" in that interview when they started talking about Bell. To the point where he acted like he didn't want to talk about it for fear of giving too much away...

Keanu Neal was a 'reach' but ended up being among the team leaders in tackles and put some serious hits on anyone who made it past the D line. Nobody regrets that pick now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

Do they look any less like fools if they miss on Justin Patton?

That's more of a conventional wisdom pick though. But I get it and agree, swing for the fences. You strike out just as often when you don't as when you you do, and hit more home runs.

4 hours ago, hazer said:

92.9 The Game, thinking it was Rick & John, were interviewing Bud a few weeks ago and one of them brought up Jordan Bell as their favorite pick for 31st. From his reaction, you could tell that Bud's eyes "lit up" when he said it. I don't remember Bud's exact words, but they were along the lines of "Bell is someone we'd be very interested in at 31." He didn't exactly telegraph it that strongly, but Rick or John kept going back to "Ahhhhhhhh, we've touched on something with Bell at 31, would love to see it Bud!"

Was this on video or audio?

4 hours ago, hazer said:

I feel like Bud likes Bell, but he doesn't fit the "lenth" narrative of The Colonel...

He's got a 7 ft wingspan. He's not like freaky long, but he's long for his height. Then again, Justin Jackson is about the same height and wingspan.

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 11:10 PM, coachx said:

Justin Jackson

Donovan Mitchell

TJ Leaf

Justin Patton

Jarret Allen

Johnathan Motley

Kyle Kuzma

Terrance Ferguson

John Collins

I'm updating my list and taking out Jackson,  and Mitchell. Not because I don't like them but because they will not be available at #19. In their place goes DJ Wilson, Semi Ojeleye, and Derrick White