• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

State of the Hawks

Vol4ever

31 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I'm in Tennessee, and I get hella compliments from kids/teens when I wear my black Teague jersey and my red Millsap jersey.   The new jerseys are definitely a hit with people 25 and under.   And all of the newer t-shirts are much better than the old ones.

All the Hawks need to do now, is bust out in these joints.  Blind everybody.

Image result for atlanta hawks volt green jerseys

Illmatic unis those volts for sure. Blinding people  and @Sothron might tune out for that or those nights. Hahaha. 

12 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I'm in Tennessee, and I get hella compliments from kids/teens when I wear my black Teague jersey and my red Millsap jersey.   The new jerseys are definitely a hit with people 25 and under.   And all of the newer t-shirts are much better than the old ones.

All the Hawks need to do now, is bust out in these joints.  Blind everybody.

Image result for atlanta hawks volt green jerseys

Went from The Highlight Factory to The Highlighter Yellow Factory.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, StrayDogThaGawd said:

Went from The Highlight Factory to The Highlighter Yellow Factory.

And I love it.  Seeing the arena live with the splashes of volt in the stands - awesome.

Blake Griffin has always been an overrated player.  He's not nearly the player that Paul Millsap is.  Paul is a two way player.  Blake Griffin is a dunker who gets highlights put on sports center, but he does very little that helps teams win.  Blake has no range outside of 5 feet as an offensive player, and he plays no defense.  

You want to talk about spacing issues on offense, just wait till you see how Dwight Howard and Blake Griffin together would clog things up inside.  Dennis would have very limited opportunities to drive to the basket.  

42 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Blake Griffin has always been an overrated player.  He's not nearly the player that Paul Millsap is.  Paul is a two way player.  Blake Griffin is a dunker who gets highlights put on sports center, but he does very little that helps teams win.  Blake has no range outside of 5 feet as an offensive player, and he plays no defense.  

You want to talk about spacing issues on offense, just wait till you see how Dwight Howard and Blake Griffin together would clog things up inside.  Dennis would have very limited opportunities to drive to the basket.  

Blake is heading down that Melo  route...lol

2 hours ago, KB21 said:

http://nbasavant.com/player.php?ddlYear=2016&ddlShotMade=yes&ddlTeamDefense=&player_id=201933  The shot and assist chart belies your argument.

Notice the difference compared to Millsap's shot and assist chart. http://nbasavant.com/player.php?ddlYear=2016&ddlShotMade=yes&ddlTeamDefense=&player_id=200794

IE...the assist chart is much more dense for Griffin, The spacing better (especially between 15-18 feet).

I'd rather have Sap over Griffin for sure. I think Millsap is one of the most versatile power forwards on the game. 

Id take Sap over Griffin or Love easily. I would say Sap and Green are prolly a couple of the most versatile 4's in the game.

Now using 82games.com, Griffin's 48 min PER (PF) is 25.2. His opponents PER (PF position) 13.8.

Millsap's PER PF = 19.6 and his opponents PER PF = 15.6.  

Metrics show Griffin to be a better 2 way player as well.

The only metric where Millsap wins is blocks/steals by about 1/2 a game.

Edited by thecampster

7 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Using the comparison option http://nbasavant.com/apps/compare.php

You see shots of 12-25 feet, Millsap is 131 of 360 (36.39%).  Griffin is 146 of 352 (41.5%).  Your argument on Griffin is outdated and based off perception, not fact.  Griffin is the superior jump shooter by any metric.

Wow that kinda amazes me. I mean I guess Blake has a pretty consistent 15-20 footer but for some reason if the game is on the line, having Griffin shoot a jumper at the buzzer would be my last option. 

Is there a stat that shows how clutch and effective Griffin is at the end of games? I swear everytime I watch the Clipps, he blows it for them somehow. It's kinda like Lawler's law...

5 hours ago, Spud2Nique said:

Wow that kinda amazes me. I mean I guess Blake has a pretty consistent 15-20 footer but for some reason if the game is on the line, having Griffin shoot a jumper at the buzzer would be my last option. 

Is there a stat that shows how clutch and effective Griffin is at the end of games? I swear everytime I watch the Clipps, he blows it for them somehow. It's kinda like Lawler's law...

Millsap shooting with 3 or less seconds on the clock efg 41.1%,  1.4 ppg. Crunch time efg  43.5%,  4.7ppg.

Griffin shooting with 3 or less seconds on the clock efg  43.5%, 2.2 ppg.  Crunch time efg 45.8%, 6.0 ppg.

Taken from 82games.com

So again I say.  Do you want to invest 30 to 35 million per year on Millsap at 32 or 30 million starting on Griffin at 28 years old?

Millsap - 18.1, 7.7, 3.7 - 44.2%

Griffin - 21.6, 8.1, 4.9 - 49.3%.

• Like 2

His chronological age is twenty eight but see below for his lower body's age at thirty million or more per. If we knew he wouldn't miss games, especially playoff ones he would certainly be worth it but pretty serious risk with those two knees and his back moving forward, its not like they will improve with age playing on a ninety four foot court. Lots of examples throughout NBA history with that.   

First, to his left leg: sprained MCLbroken kneecap, meniscus tearpartially torn quadricepshigh ankle sprainknee bone bruisesprained knee, and strained hamstring. As for his right: He suffered torn cartilage in his right knee in college and underwent “minor” surgery on his right knee this season to remove “loose bodies.” Over the years, he’s suffered other miscellaneous injuries, like a back stress fractureright-elbow staph infection, and broken right hand. We can now add injuring his big right toe and getting knocked out of the playoffs to the list.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Thomas said:

His chronological age is twenty eight but see below for his lower body's age at thirty million or more per. If we knew he wouldn't miss games, especially playoff ones he would certainly be worth it but pretty serious risk with those two knees and his back moving forward, its not like they will improve with age playing on a ninety four foot court. Lots of examples throughout NBA history with that.   

First, to his left leg: sprained MCLbroken kneecap, meniscus tearpartially torn quadricepshigh ankle sprainknee bone bruisesprained knee, and strained hamstring. As for his right: He suffered torn cartilage in his right knee in college and underwent “minor” surgery on his right knee this season to remove “loose bodies.” Over the years, he’s suffered other miscellaneous injuries, like a back stress fractureright-elbow staph infection, and broken right hand. We can now add injuring his big right toe and getting knocked out of the playoffs to the list.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, hazer said:

Yeah, the list is pretty long but those three serious areas (both knees and back) are red flags. Not the player that I don't like but the medical history and what is likely to happen over the next four years. He has got to be on the floor to help us win games and if not how do stats actually help if he is not available for the playoffs. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, thecampster said:

Using the comparison option http://nbasavant.com/apps/compare.php

You see shots of 12-25 feet, Millsap is 131 of 360 (36.39%).  Griffin is 146 of 352 (41.5%).  Your argument on Griffin is outdated and based off perception, not fact.  Griffin is the superior jump shooter by any metric.

Thanks for showing me a NBA website that I didn't knew existed.

I understand stats and believe in them but believe my eyes more than silly numbers that are averaged together to come up with more silly numbers. 

Bottom line: I'll take Millsap over Flake Griffin any day of the week. Having said that, we don't need either on the roster while we wait out this league's latest bs super teams in the scrubs and calfs.

11 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Stupid question but an assist chart is where the player was when he made the pass?   Or where the scorer was that he passed to?   

Don't taze me bro.  

Good question wow...I think it's charted where the bucket was scored but if that's the case, I'd like to disagree with it. It should be where the pass was made because that's the stat we are focusing on, not the scoring (points).