• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Walton makes a good point to start the rebuild show immediately

JTB

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/246175/Luke-Walton-It-Will-Take-Way-More-Than-One-Superstar-To-Dethrone-Golden-State

I'm on the bandwagon officially! Let's face it Walton is right...It's time to just start the rebuild show while the Warriors dominate the NBA and while cavs dominate the east.

so ridiculous! The league went from needing at least two superstar players to at the least give a franchise a chance to be a title contender to now needing three superstars plus good role players to even get past the cavs or warriors.

as I throw my hands up! (Literally)....I say f*ck it! We've been struggling to get one damn superstar for years now! There's no possible way for the Hawks and most franchises to get 3!

.......i love Sap but I hope we don't resign him. I hope we trade Baze and Howard. Miss the playoffs and just start rebuilding! The nba is a joke and making the playoffs is a joke when you know your team can't beat these two powerhouses. So who cares about making the playoffs with vet players??? I rather make it with extremely young players if possible and if they continue to get kicked out rounds 1 or 2 at least they are getting experience.

Thanks to Lebron who started the "go play with other stars show" ...now KD who decided to follow in bron brons footsteps the NBA champions have been made up for at least 5-6 years.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, hazer said:

Because of the cash involved am seeing this as a probable starting lineup next year. Without signing Sap we can indeed sign Tim. Because of that signing not seeing JJ coming here unless Baze disappears which I just don't think will happen this offseason. Ersan is really a very good backup but will very possibly be our starting PF because of the money once again being in play. Couple of sizable rookies will be involved in our ten man rotation by midseason do believe. As you said earlier it will be entertaining anyway. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

2018: D. Ayton or Doncic

2019: Zion Williamson

Dennis

Bembry

Zion

????

Ayton

This is a bann-worthy post.  So now you're guaranteeing we end up with the #1 pick in 2 consecutive years and your only question-mark is who plays the PF position?

#modzplzbann

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

This is a bann-worthy post.  So now you're guaranteeing we end up with the #1 pick in 2 consecutive years and your only question-mark is who plays the PF position?

#modzplzbann

Silver is a good Duke man. 

Please Colonel, start the rebuild. I honestly don't think he would have taken the job if he didn't plan on it. Why take a job to keep running on the treadmill. He would be in high demand I'm guessing based on what he helped build.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, CP61 said:

Please Colonel, start the rebuild. I honestly don't think he would have taken the job if he didn't plan on it. Why take a job to keep running on the treadmill. He would be in high demand I'm guessing based on what he helped build.

The only way you'd believe that is if you think every word that's come out of his mouth so far has been a raging lie.

11 minutes ago, kg01 said:

The only way you'd believe that is if you think every word that's come out of his mouth so far has been a raging lie.

Oh I don't mean tank. I know he won't do that, but I do think the team will start to be built for a few years in the future than next year. I bet we see the team get a lot younger this offseason. I think the goal for now, and I'm basing this off of the multiple times he talked about acquiring a superstar, is the build a young team that has a bright future to attract a superstar to come here. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, CP61 said:

Oh I don't mean tank. I know he won't do that, but I do think the team will start to be built for a few years in the future than next year. I bet we see the team get a lot younger this offseason. I think the goal for now, and I'm basing this off of the multiple times he talked about acquiring a superstar, is the build a young team that has a bright future to attract a superstar to come here. 

I don't think that many would object to that approach

• Like 1

I just want people to realize that if he does go this route, it is going to be a while before this team is competitive again.  This will not be an overnight, 2-3 year process.  This will be a 6-7 year process that could go longer.   Because not only do you have to hit on your draft picks, but you have to give those players time to develop and hit their peak.  Most 19 year old prospects hit their peak at about 6 years.

So, if this team does decide to rebuild, then I don't want to hear any damn complaining when the process isn't going fast enough.  

Edited by KB21
  • Like 2

Rebuilding may not work, but I can say, and I'm going to get laughed at, that (at least so far) it's less painful to have a bad team in the Braves that has no chance at tasting the playoffs then a mediocre team that gets body slammed every 5 games because a lot of players couldn't give two sh**s to try hard all the time (and I will include Dennis at times, some of his Sunday stints were ugly as all can be). At least the bad team in this case has hope down the road, maybe as soon as 2018 but probably 2019. Seeing mediocrity without any chance at anything, is a hopeless thing.

I mean just this year, right now. Because the Braves had some completely painful stretches in recent times, especially that start last year.

And I can get on board with not caring about no shot at a title, if it's actually a fun team to watch. 15/16 was fine in this case, 16/17 was not. I'll take 2007 and 2012 Georgia 9 times out of 10 in college football. They did not win a title, but they were one of the best teams in college football and not just that, but a BLAST to watch.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Lurker said:

And I can get on board with not caring about no shot at a title, if it's actually a fun team to watch. 15/16 was fine in this case, 16/17 was not.

If you are talking about the Hawks here I think 15/16 only seems fine in comparison to 16/17.   At the time it seemed super boring and a pretty fore gone conclusion that the team wasn't close to competing with the cavs.   

I get your point though.  For me the 13/14 season was more fun than 15/16 .

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

If you are talking about the Hawks here I think 15/16 only seems fine in comparison to 16/17.   At the time it seemed super boring and a pretty fore gone conclusion that the team wasn't close to competing with the cavs.   

I get your point though.  For me the 13/14 season was more fun than 15/16 .

Well to make it more specific, the stretch drive, outside of the last game and that disappointing @Cleveland game, was pretty fun that year.

Baseball's minor league system makes it a completely different situation than basketball, but with that said, the Braves rebuild is still going to take a long time.  The reason is, while they have accumulated talent in the minors, that talent has to pan out.  It will still take time for that talent to truly pan out.  Dansby Swanson has struggled in his first major league season.  It doesn't diminish his potential because he is going to be a great player, but this is simply the natural process most rookies go through.  It's going to be the same when guys like Ronald Acuna, Travis Demeritte, Kolby Allard, and Mike Soroka make their debuts.  

We are going into year three of Mike Foltynewicz, and we are still waiting on consistency from him.  

At no point is watching a losing team fun though.

• Like 1

And I would not consider 43-39 with fairy dust helping in multiple games being a solidly "winning" team. Don't get me wrong, the Houston miracle and Cleveland comeback are going to stick for me for years. But do they make up for the following:

1. Watching Dennis kick the ball around for 10 turnovers to help lose in Washington?
2. Getting your tits ripped by a bad and depleted Lakers team?
3. Getting absolutely body slammed at home by the Pelicans (which I thankfully, missed)?

Etc etc.

And we do realize that if Millsap is gone (and I would put it at 50% that he's probably gone), that unless the Braves go off track of what I'm thinking, the Hawks are likely going to be worse than the Braves next year without **rebuilding** in comparison?

Edited by Lurker

On 6/7/2017 at 8:00 PM, JTB said:

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/246175/Luke-Walton-It-Will-Take-Way-More-Than-One-Superstar-To-Dethrone-Golden-State

I'm on the bandwagon officially! Let's face it Walton is right...It's time to just start the rebuild show while the Warriors dominate the NBA and while cavs dominate the east.

so ridiculous! The league went from needing at least two superstar players to at the least give a franchise a chance to be a title contender to now needing three superstars plus good role players to even get past the cavs or warriors.

as I throw my hands up! (Literally)....I say f*ck it! We've been struggling to get one damn superstar for years now! There's no possible way for the Hawks and most franchises to get 3!

.......i love Sap but I hope we don't resign him. I hope we trade Baze and Howard. Miss the playoffs and just start rebuilding! The nba is a joke and making the playoffs is a joke when you know your team can't beat these two powerhouses. So who cares about making the playoffs with vet players??? I rather make it with extremely young players if possible and if they continue to get kicked out rounds 1 or 2 at least they are getting experience.

Thanks to Lebron who started the "go play with other stars show" ...now KD who decided to follow in bron brons footsteps the NBA champions have been made up for at least 5-6 years.

Yeah rebuild makes the most sense.