• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Tanking is for losers

TRW

and I remember what happened the last time. Mr. Schlenk, we have too much momentum to go backwards. A great coach, new training center with PS3, new d-league team, and phillips renovations.

1. Give Paul a 5 year 135 million deal. Years 1-5 as follows. 

Year 1 30 million

Year 2 30 million

Year 3 30 million

Year 4 25 million

Year 5 20 million with incentives, contract with Kia motors and local television deals with turner broadcasting or Tyler Perry courtesy of Mr. Koonin.

Take the best players available in the draft at 19 and 31. My favorites are Texas center Allen, Semi. O., and Frank Jackson.

Trade Dennis, Prince, Bazemore, and our 2nd first round pick next year for Paul George and Al Jefferson. Why Jefferson? Because his second year is a team option and we save 10 million. Resign Tim Hardaway, Dunleavy, Ersan, and Aaron Brooks. Put the ball in Paul George hands and let him run the show. Putting the ball in PG13 hands would definitely make us a better team and surely make PG13 all NBA which would qualify him for the supermax, which in turn would make it hard for him to leave during free agency. My death lineup would be PG13, Millsap, THJ, Ersan, and any shooter you choose from the draft or free agency. Howard would give us defense in the middle. This team would definitely challenge LeBron and the rest of the east. I'm ready for my bashing so give it to me.

The sixers are coming out of their tank with Ben Simmons, Joel Embiid, and probably Markell's Fultz. I would do ANYTHING to have that. We also have no momentum. We've taken a step backwards these last two years. This 10 years of playoffs peaked with that 1 seed and we have to start over now before we keep taking steps back and get to being an expensive, old lottery team as opposed to an improving, young one. 

• Like 1

CP 61 I agree Embiid and Simmons are both ultra talented but those guys keep getting hurt. How many times has Embiid been hurt so far in his career. Simmons is also recovering from a foot injury.Yes, Philly has talent but they still might not win.   

TRW

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TRW said:

CP 61 I agree Embiid and Simmons are both ultra talented but those guys keep getting hurt. How many times has Embiid been hurt so far in his career. Simmons is also recovering from a foot injury.Yes, Philly has talent but they still might not win.   

TRW

I think both could have played at the end of this year if they weren't tanking. Embiid's health is a big problem, but he's a monster when he plays. I loved Ben Simmons as a prospect more than anyone in the last 5 years, and I don't think Fultz is that far behind. I'm very jealous of #TheProcess right now.

1 hour ago, TRW said:

1. Give Paul a 5 year 135 million deal. Years 1-5 as follows. 

Year 1 30 million

Year 2 30 million

Year 3 30 million

Year 4 25 million

Year 5 20 million with incentives, contract with Kia motors and local television.

2. Trade Dennis, Prince, Bazemore, and our 2nd first round pick next year for Paul George and Al Jefferson. 

1. The contract cannot be structured like that.  Year to year salaries up or down is restricted to 8% differences from 1 year to the next.

2. That's bad considering PG is a free agent and more than likely headed to LAL.

1 hour ago, CP61 said:

The sixers are coming out of their tank with Ben Simmons, Joel Embiid, and probably Markell's Fultz. I would do ANYTHING to have that. We also have no momentum. We've taken a step backwards these last two years. This 10 years of playoffs peaked with that 1 seed and we have to start over now before we keep taking steps back and get to being an expensive, old lottery team as opposed to an improving, young one. 

Where to start?  Ben Simmons has not played one minute in the NBA.  Is he really that good or  are you buying into the hype?  He could not even take his LSU team to the NCAA tournament.  If you take an 18 LBJ or KD and put them on that team and guess what, LSU is in the tournament.  My point being, if he's some type of transcendent player you should see it at all levels.

Joel Embiid - As great as his approximately 30 games in the NBA have been, will he ever be healthy enough to play a full season?  To be a be a star  a player has to be available.

Markell Fultz - I'm not saying he won't be an Allstar, but we do not know how he will translate to the NBA. 

You can get a Justin Jackson and he could turn into the next PG13 (very very unlikely). My point is if you draft and develop these 15 - 19 picks into Allstars, you may be able to flip a few for a few lottery picks and that's how you get your high upside player without tanking. 

Dennis was  the 17th pick in his draft, looking back, would you not say he deserved to be a top 5 pick?  The players besides Mccullum, Giannis, and few others are complete duds.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Where to start?  Ben Simmons has not played one minute in the NBA.  Is he really that good or  are you buying into the hype?  He could not even take his LSU team to the NCAA tournament.  If you take an 18 LBJ or KD and put them on that team and guess what, LSU is in the tournament.  My point being, if he's some type of transcendent player you should see it at all levels.

Joel Embiid - As great as his approximately 30 games in the NBA have been, will he ever be healthy enough to play a full season?  To be a be a star  a player has to be available.

Markell Fultz - I'm not saying he won't be an Allstar, but we do not know how he will translate to the NBA. 

You can get a Justin Jackson and he could turn into the next PG13 (very very unlikely). My point is if you draft and develop these 15 - 19 picks into Allstars, you may be able to flip a few for a few lottery picks and that's how you get your high upside player without tanking. 

Dennis was  the 17th pick in his draft, looking back, would you not say he deserved to be a top 5 pick?  The players besides Mccullum, Giannis, and few others are complete duds.

I'm not suggesting the Hawks tank. I'm suggesting the Hawks stop building around 27+ year olds. I just want to draft some young talent and have our own core built here. I know all stars can be found in the 15-19 range, but I don't think the Hawks will make the playoffs next year unless they trade away the future for someone else's star. 

1 minute ago, CP61 said:

I'm not suggesting the Hawks tank. I'm suggesting the Hawks stop building around 27+ year olds. I just want to draft some young talent and have our own core built here. I know all stars can be found in the 15-19 range, but I don't think the Hawks will make the playoffs next year unless they trade away the future for someone else's star. 

If the Hawks get a shooter in Free Agency, let's say a JJ Reddick, they'll make the playoffs because they have always been a good defensive team under Bud.  They will not get far, but they'll probably make it.  My point being is Dennis, Prince, and THjr are all 25 or under you could build around them.  Add Brembry in there, which a lot here do not give any credit, but the kid played tough defense and played very well off the ball considering he's a rookie, you have a solid young core.  We need to get some young bigs that can switch, pass, and play defense and a couple more pure shooters and the Hawks will be good to go.  

I don't see them challenging the Dubs, but you never know how some players development can turn them into all star fringe super star players.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, marco102 said:

If the Hawks get a shooter in Free Agency, let's say a JJ Reddick, they'll make the playoffs because they have always been a good defensive team under Bud.  They will not get far, but they'll probably make it.  My point being is Dennis, Prince, and THjr are all 25 or under you could build around them.  Add Brembry in there, which a lot here do not give any credit, but the kid played tough defense and played very well off the ball considering he's a rookie, you have a solid young core.  We need to get some young bigs that can switch, pass, and play defense and a couple more pure shooters and the Hawks will be good to go.  

I don't see them challenging the Dubs, but you never know how some players development can turn them into all star fringe super star players.

How many times do I have to say this on here? THE HAWKS ONLY HAVE 6 PLAYERS! Prince and Dennis are the only two guys of those to build around since two are on bad contracts, one didn't do much his rookie year (Bembry could be good but we don't know), and Ryan Kelly. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, CP61 said:

How many times do I have to say this on here? THE HAWKS ONLY HAVE 6 PLAYERS! Prince and Dennis are the only two guys of those to build around since two are on bad contracts, one didn't do much his rookie year (Bembry could be good but we don't know), and Ryan Kelly. 

As many times as you like, that's your opinion which I respect.  My point was, you said the Hawks didn't have a young core to build around and I gave you the young players they could build around.  It's not a super team, but it's a good young core.

The Hawks also have bird rights to the other players on the team which means if they so choose they can go over the cap to sign any of their free agents.   They could use the exceptions, which I believe add up to approximately $11.5 million, to sign some additional players (JJ ReddicK in my scenario above).   They aren't winning a championship soon and I hope they find a way to get some additional young talent on the team as you do. I just don't ever want to go back to the 13 win season.  That was a terrible display.  You just don't want to instill a culture of losing. 

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, marco102 said:

As many times as you like, that's your opinion which I respect.  My point was, you said the Hawks didn't have a young core to build around and I gave you the young players they could build around.  It's not a super team, but it's a good young core.

The Hawks also have bird rights to the other players on the team which means if they so choose they can go over the cap to sign any of their free agents.   They could use the exceptions, which I believe add up to approximately $11.5 million, to sign some additional players (JJ ReddicK in my scenario above).   They aren't winning a championship soon and I hope they find a way to get some additional young talent on the team as you do. I just don't ever want to go back to the 13 win season.  That was a terrible display.  You just don't want to instill a culture of losing. 

If I was betting on it, we will probably be picking around 11-14 next year. I don't think a Bud coached team will be in the running for worst team in a league. I don't think JJ Reddick would have any reason to sign in Atlanta besides giving more money than any other team. That means no Millsap. We are just in a bad spot unless we give the Bazemore or Dwight contracts away. It's Millsap and a bunch of smaller free agents. Hardaway some mid tier free agents. Both and a bunch of minimum guys. Or neither and the team takes a whole new direction.

3 hours ago, CP61 said:

The Sixers trio looks good on paper and in theory but two of them have never played an NBA game and the other has spent more time on the IR than the court

So honestly I'm not sure if I'd do ANYTHING just for the POTENTIAL to be have a nice trio. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

Tanking is about to make Philly one of the best teams in the East with title potential, tanking brought LeBron James back to Cleveland and tanking helped Golden State. Tanking is good. 

Just for contrast, 

Tanking has Orlando with a team of young talent that doesn't match or have an identity, Tanking brought Phoenix to the point that they keep consistently bringing in young players but still haven't reaped real benefits from the ones from the beginning of their tanking, it's also led the Kings to basically not even be able to get anywhere with the best player that they got out of their tanking efforts to date. 

So it could really go wrong just as easily (it's actually more likely than not knowing our history) as it could go right.