• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

"Wake me up after the draft" -- am I alone in that attitude this year?

sturt

I do not post much anymore except during free agency and draft time. During the regular season and playoffs I try not to get wrapped up in the this player is good or this player is bad talk that happens every season.

Every draft, every free agency period, is a chance for some fresh starts and new opportunities. Once that is over, our team is set and I watch them play. I like the new GM hire and hopefully we get some great diamonds in the rough with 19 and 31!

Go Hawks.

• Like 3

Last night's agreement should have everyone awake whether it includes us in the trade or not. Big news for the landscape of two teams in the East we face often. 

2 hours ago, Thomas said:

Last night's agreement should have everyone awake whether it includes us in the trade or not. Big news for the landscape of two teams in the East we face often. 

Dirty rats...

IMG_0506.JPG

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Thomas said:

True. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

• Premium Member
On 6/17/2017 at 10:02 AM, sturt said:

I can't remember the last time I felt this way, because normally this time of year I'm studying Draft Express videos and generally coming to some strong opinions about who we need to draft.

But this year, under these circumstances, it just seems a pretty mindless proposition to invest time into that.... too much that can happen ahead of our draft slot, too many job openings on the 2017-18 roster such that there is no position that really can be ruled out @ #19, and seemingly too many basically-equivalent talents.

So, wake me up on Friday, and then I'll take interest in what the first Schlenk roster is going to look like, and start forming my own opinions about free agency. Until then, there is garden weeding to be done, bike rides to be had, and some things from work that deserve more of my attention. Am I the only one?

I agree.  Not even bothering watching the draft for the first time in many years.   

• Premium Member
On 6/17/2017 at 11:02 AM, sturt said:

I can't remember the last time I felt this way, because normally this time of year I'm studying Draft Express videos and generally coming to some strong opinions about who we need to draft.

But this year, under these circumstances, it just seems a pretty mindless proposition to invest time into that.... too much that can happen ahead of our draft slot, too many job openings on the 2017-18 roster such that there is no position that really can be ruled out @ #19, and seemingly too many basically-equivalent talents.

So, wake me up on Friday, and then I'll take interest in what the first Schlenk roster is going to look like, and start forming my own opinions about free agency. Until then, there is garden weeding to be done, bike rides to be had, and some things from work that deserve more of my attention. Am I the only one?

There's some good players in this draft but nothing at the top moves the needle.

The draft and the start of free agency are probably my favorites times outside of the playoffs (if the Hawks are in it). That said, I have a similar sentiment in terms of the draft and there being just too many variables for the Hawks this year. Add on to the fact that I don't watch college basketball at all, so I have relatively no experience watching the prospects outside of DraftExpress highlights. Definitely excited to see who we pick and what trades go down on draft night, but I am also waiting for the draft to be completed before I really try to analyze and predict our free agency moves.

• Like 1