• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Any Interest in Blake Griffin?

TheFuzz

• Admin
49 minutes ago, Dolfan23 said:

He couldn't win with a much better team in LA so I wouldn't have any interest in him and that's not even considering his cost or lengthy injury history. I would much rather have Millsap for the same price. 

I don't disagree ... Sap is actually the better of the two ... the only thing you would be gaining is the marketability he brings.

Just now, capstone21 said:

I don't disagree ... Sap is actually the better of the two ... the only thing you would be gaining is the marketability he brings.

True... but still not worth it. Remember the last time we traded for a potentially marketable star from the Clippers? 

• Like 3

Fine player but his once phenomenal athleticism above the rim is just great now.  Every time I watch him I just see how much his short arms hinder him.  His desire and temperament has always been questionable too.  I'm straight.

I don't care for any max FAs who aren't great both ways and in their mid-twenties. Slim pickings out here.

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, GameTime said:

We have a younger athletic 4 in John Collins we need to develop.

He was the 19th pick so obviously by definition he can't evolve into a star player...That would ruin a lot of conspiracy theories around these parts! Lol!

• Like 1

Just now, Peoriabird said:

He was the 19th pick so obviously by definition he can't evolve into a star player...That would ruin a lot of conspiracy theories around these parts! Lol!

He was top 12 in most draft boards and even top 10 in some others. Was one of the most athletic PFs/Cs in the combine. But I know you are being sarcastic haha.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, capstone21 said:

We've been over this.....there is no metric that says Sap is better than Griffin.  Griffin is a better shooter, passer, rebounder by all metrics.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, thecampster said:

We've been over this.....there is no metric that says Sap is better than Griffin.  Griffin is a better shooter, passer, rebounder by all metrics.

Games played is the major metric that favors Sap.

• Like 1

Damn, I'm surprised to hear this.

6 hours ago, HawkItus said:

Why would he come here?  We can't even offer him a Max contract or close to it.   No title aspirations.   We don't market players well.  ?????

Why can't we offer him a max? His starts at just under $30M if I'm not mistaken.

I'm also not sure how competitive his max contract offers will be. Miami, then who else? I'm just saying we should pursue. Maybe work on a Bazemore + 1st SnT which might allow us to retain Sap. If it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen.

9 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Should have never fired Danny Ferry... but you know, PC took over and got him fired. Since then, this team went back to the dumps after that amazing season.

We're drafting a hell of a lot better without Ferry... or at least it seems that way so far. I don't agree with why he was let go but at the rate he was going via the draft I don't think we'd be in any better shape right now in terms of young talent. Then again he may not have gone after Dwight or let Al get away. 

7 hours ago, Dolfan23 said:

We're drafting a hell of a lot better without Ferry... or at least it seems that way so far. I don't agree with why he was let go but at the rate he was going via the draft I don't think we'd be in any better shape right now in terms of young talent. Then again he may not have gone after Dwight or let Al get away. 

Arent these the same scouts and talent evaluators Danny Ferry brought in? I never saw a single hiring after he left on the scouting side, so I'm not sure the drafting would have changed much unless he was ignoring all the work his staff was doing.