• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

From Prince To King

sillent

Prince's main concern in this Summer League is to stay healthy. I'm glad he doesn't mind giving Bembry his time to shine either but Prince has done alot more on bigger stages and you can tell he has worked on his game and body as well. He now bolsters more Dwight like/lite shoulders but still has his flexibility. His handles are better. His shooting is even better and he can get it off quicker.

Some of y'all are looking at the Summer League like it's the real game while forgetting the purpose which is continued improvement. We are seeing some things from players like Collins and Bembry that can definitely translate when the games count. Prince on the other hand has shown what he can do and isn't out there to show off in games that don't count against inferior competition. Prince has shown he can hold his own even against guys like LeBron (although of course LeBron is LeBron).  

If we think we are seeing Prince in his true light please don't be mistaken. It has been times during the season last year when Prince was the best player on the court even when Paul Millsap, THJ, Dwight, Dennis was out there. (That might not be saying much now except for when people really get a glimpse of how good Dennis really can be and now it's his team to prove it). Point is there was a reason Prince started for us in the playoffs over a countless number of vets and was effective doing so. His skills may seem like that of a normal 3 & D guy but his heart, motor, IQ and intangibles will take him way pass that average level. I said when we drafted Prince and Bembry that eventually Bembry would be the biggest star of those picks and although I still believe that it doesn't knock the fact on how great Prince will be. BudCox didn't fail in drafting those 2 I still think we got the best 2 players in that draft once it's all said and done. 

• Premium Member

I don't see Prince as becoming the #1 option on an NBA contender. He's not the guy who is going to score 27 in leading the team to a Game 7 playoff victory unless someone else got 35. I see him as a #2 or #3, but clearly he's a guy who is going to fill the box score and help in a variety of ways so that point total won't be the end-all evaluation of his contribution. More than anything, I just want to see him eliminate turnovers by about 50%, while maintaining his assists. Do that, and I think he's in a position to distinguish himself beginning this season.

• Like 4

I like Prince, but I see him as a role player type starter.  Gives you defense, transition scores, shooting at times, but not a guy who you ISO at end of games.  Not a volume scorer either.  

Really have more hope for Collins and Dennis to do pick and rolls as the future of our offense.  We need some shooters to pair with that.

I don't mind the OP's optimism, but we have too much youth and inexperience to win this year.  Watching the games will be like watching summer league.  You just want to see how players are developing.  Winning will happen in the coming years.