• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

"He just crushed it, and we were like, 'Whoa, f--k!'" Budenholzer recalls

Admin

On 7/22/2017 at 11:14 PM, KB21 said:

From this past season, the rankings of the point guards relative to defensive win shares:

1.  Russell Westbrook 4.6

2.  Stephen Curry 3.9

3.  John Wall 3.0

4.  Rajon Rondo 2.7

5.  Marcus Smart 2.7

6.  Goran Dragic 2.6

7.  Jrue Holiday 2.6

8.  Chris Paul 2.6

9.  Mike Conley 2.5

10.  Dennis Schröder 2.5

I think it was Travis Schlenk that said Dennis does things defensively that do not show up in the stat sheet.  

So based on this list, Westbrook is head and shoulders better than the field.

Curry and Wall are very good. (Curry I think has more do to with his team imho)

and then you have 4-10 separated by .2 win shares. So Dennis is top 10 but also comparatively close to being a top 5 defensive player at his position. 

Dennis is also the youngest guy on this list other than Smart who I don't consider a true point guard as he often guards wings.

This bodes well for Dennis as players naturally become better defenders with age, maturity and experience. 

On 22.7.2017 at 6:54 AM, RedDawg#8 said:

Dennis is a fiery competitive person. I'd rather have his passion than stoic Teague and Joe Johnson and every other boring, satisfied with being average player that we invest in to lead us to glory.

Energy is everything. Dennis is the first guy up off the bench to cheer on his teammates, and he doesn't back down from anyone on the other team. And he doesn't need throw guy under the bus or make it all about him. Dude plays with an edge and confidence. He only cares about winning. If you don't like that then sports may not be for you. 

And that's what could become a problem when I watch at the current roster. His new contract also includes $2M per year on incentives - one criteria was rumored to be reaching the finals. Will he accept the challenge and step up or will he be pissed about the tank and his now unreachable incentives? He isn't posting as much in the social media he was used to do - since Sap and THJ left...