• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Nike Uniforms Coming

TheNorthCydeRises

All teams will have 4 official uniforms, with no designation for home and away jerseys.   The Hawks have already announced that they'll have a "throwback" jersey in their rotation of jerseys, so let's address that first.

Image result for atlanta hawks blue uniforms

While the blue uniforms ( in my opinion ) looked good last year, the Hawks played horribly whenever they dawned the blue.   I think for the fans and city's sake, the Hawks should go with the pac-man unis.

Image result for atlanta hawks pac man uniforms

I would even go so far as to say that if you wanted to go with the old school white look, use the new color scheme with the old look.   Keep the red, trim it in black, and have "hawks" in volt lettering within the red.  But keeping the red, white, and gold look is just fine with me, and one of the best looking uniforms of all time in the NBA.

Image result for dennis schroder atlanta hawks white uniforms

If we keep the basic white uniforms, the obvious change I want to see, is the volt number changed to red, and outline that number in volt.   I've never been too fond of the font on the front either, so if they want to change that, that'll be cool with me.

Image result for john collins atlanta hawks black uniforms

With the black uniforms, the same thing applies . . the opposite way.  The volt shows up better on the black than the red on black.  So have "ATLANTA" written in volt, and trim it in red, just like the number is.  Someone on the Adidas and Hawks design teams thought the contrast in name and number looked good, but it just doesn't keep the uniformity of the look.  And once again, if they want to change the font, that's cool with me.

Image result for deandre bembry atlanta hawks red uniforms

The red jerseys have always been my favorite look.  I love the ATL font, and wouldn't mind that font being used on the other 2 jerseys.  But once again, I need that uniformity in the design.  Either stick with the black lettering with volt trim, or volt lettering in black trim.

I think so far they are going with the post green & blue uniforms,, 72-76 or so.

Hell someone posted in this thread, but can't find whose site or page it came from.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/109783-nba-changes-2017-18/?page=135

I saw a tweet of Dorsey's uniform but it only had the back of the jersey, but the shorts did have a swoosh, I have no idea on the sponsor.

I wonder how Soth feels about the Wolves joints.

2 hours ago, capstone21 said:

Other then the swoosh the current unis are the same ... personally my fav AFTER THE PAC MAN of course have been 

Image result for atlanta hawks mookie blaylock

Those were slick.  As far as the new ones, you can't really mess up the Suns' color scheme.  Hornets neither but they need some more detail.  I'll never be a fan of the black in a Hawks uni.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Sothron said:

I can't be the only one that thinks our best JERSEYS, not LOGO, but JERSEY, was the awesome mid 90's spread hawk emblem. You can see Smitty wearing it in my avatar.

I hate the spread hawk emblem.  Maybe my least favorite Hawks uniform.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dnice said:

IMG_6832.JPG.390254fba3d2bc693365f3c773c

IMG_6831.JPG.ee4f0ddb6a28ad25c4d78554ead

I love how the Nike jerseys look and fit, the only thing I don't like is that the cuts on the shorts are now moved to the front of the leg which for our jerseys, it removes the accent trim on the bottom of the vertical HAWKS leg seen here:

IMG_1107.PNG

Edited by RedDawg#8

• Admin
I can't be the only one that thinks our best JERSEYS, not LOGO, but JERSEY, was the awesome mid 90's spread hawk emblem. You can see Smitty wearing it in my avatar.

I really hated those unis ... I thought they were the worst ones since I have started watching the Hawks back in the mid 80s

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1