• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sap is making the 3rd most this season?

HawkItus

4 hours ago, capstone21 said:

Agents get a lot less then I thought

That's what I was thinking.  2.86 was the highest, I thought around 5 was the standard.  Mike Conley know he should pony up another 1%.  Sap's career increase in pay scale is nothing short of miraculous.  He moved to the East and under Bud at the absolute perfect time.  He can slide his agent something under the table too.

Edited by benhillboy

10 hours ago, benhillboy said:

That's what I was thinking.  2.86 was the highest, I thought around 5 was the standard.  Mike Conley know he should pony up another 1%.  Sap's career increase in pay scale is nothing short of miraculous.  He moved to the East and under Bud at the absolute perfect time.  He can slide his agent something under the table too.

Doubt Jr. minds since Sr. is his agent.  Agent fees are capped at around 4% for NBA contracts but 3% is the standard maximum rate.  Agent fees however can range to quadruple that for endorsements which makes sense, contracts are fixed in the league (rookie scale, max, vet min, etc.) so there isn't much work being done there by an agent; their main job is finding players shoe deals, local car dealership sponsorships and a Sprite commercial.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Diesel said:

For Sap,  Which State gets the State taxes?

The State he works in or the State he lives in?

Well that depends. Some states have deals about living in one place or another, if there is no deal which I don't think Colorado has any such deals in place, then he files taxes in both locations. A resident tax where he lives and lists all money incurred in that state as well as out of state. In the state he works in he will file a non-resident tax form that only includes money made in that state. Your home state will allow you to file for a tax break so the state you work in gets their money and you aren't paying twice. It's messy, but it works out in the end. Also, the Jock Tax will eat a ton as well....

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

As has been said by others, am happy for Sap but truly am also happy we aren't footing that bill into the future. He was a strong quiet leader for us with that hard hat mentality and played when hurt as well which Denver can surely use to help them make the playoffs and maybe move into the second round. They and Utah will be my secondary teams to the Hawks to watch when they are on. Pretty interesting season for many reasons coming up for a bunch of teams this year, plenty of changes. 

• Like 1