• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

SI's Nov 13 Mock Draft - Atlanta Takes All The Euros

AHF

• Moderators

SI has Atlanta taking all 3 european players selected in the first round in this mock draft.

https://www.si.com/nba/nba-mock-draft-2018

2. HAWKS | LUKA DONCIC, G, REAL MADRID | 18 YEARS OLD

Perhaps the most complete and accomplished European draft prospect we’ve ever seen, Doncic’s body of work is hard to argue with. He’s made big strides as a shooter this year and is dominating the Euroleague in his third go-around (21.1 points, 6.6 rebounds, 4.0 assists through five games) at the ripe age of 18. He’s a savvy lead ball-handler and playmaker and easy to peg as the most NBA-ready player in this class. He may not possess the same athletic upside as other top prospects, but Doncic is a safe bet to have a long, productive career wherever he lands. He’s worth the price of a Euroleague TV subscription, if you want to do some scouting of your own.

20.  HAWKS* | DZANAN MUSA, F, KK CEDEVITA | 18 YEARS OLD

*Atlanta owns Minnesota’s lottery-protected 2018 first-round pick.

A sweet-shooting wing, Musa has been dominant for Bosnia coming up as a teenager and possesses intuitive ability to score the ball. He’s only 18 and has been a contributor for Cedevita Zagreb in the Adriatic League for a couple of seasons. He stared at this year’s Adidas Eurocamp as well, displaying a more well-rounded game than some expected, and appears a likely first-rounder at this stage. He has a ways to go, but his scoring ability, experience and advanced profile makes him an intriguing long-term stock.

29. HAWKS* | RODIONS KURUCS, G/F, FC BARCELONA B | 19 YEARS OLD

*Atlanta owns Houston’s top-three protected 2018 first-round pick.

After pulling out of the 2017 draft (where he was projected to be a late first-round pick), Kurucs returns to Europe hoping to earn additional playing time and improve his case. He’s still playing for Barcelona’s B team, which isn’t a great sign, but improved production at that level will help his case. A strong wing player who has shown impressive flashes and versatility, the Latvian product needs to show all-around improvement in order to cement his value. As a big ball-handler who can space the floor, Kurucs fits the NBA bill. 

On 11/13/2017 at 1:42 PM, Flight said:

This would be pretty disappointing, I’d be happy with Doncic but i wouldn’t want ALL international picks in a draft. 

But why? Those are all pretty good players from what I’ve seen. Musa just had an absolutely insane game. It’s the only game I’ve seen if his but he was shooting lights out.

24 minutes ago, CP61 said:

But why? Those are all pretty good players from what I’ve seen. Musa just had an absolutely insane game. It’s the only game I’ve seen if his but he was shooting lights out.

To me, there's some much better stateside talent at the end of the draft.  Nothing against the Euro's because I'm all for Doncic and Kostas A.

On 11/13/2017 at 4:35 PM, KB21 said:

It should really tell you how bad the draft is at the top or how bad the current evaluators are when Marvin Bagley is projected to go #1 and the guy can't even catch a post entry pass cleanly at this point.

What in the WORLD do you be talking about man