• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who fits best?

StephenHawking

2 hours ago, AHF said:

Getting it wrong is what got us Marvin.  If we drafted for potential and got Kobe Bryant or Kevin Garnett, etc. it would not be an issue.  Similarly, if we took "production over potential" and got Adam Morrison or god forbid we take Shelden Williams then it isn't the philosophy that is inherently wrong so much as the pick.

Its all about hitting. All draft philosophies have hits and misses. Hitting on potential has bigger hits but more misses. Swing for the fences. If you miss you get to try again next year. If you hit you get a franchise player.

• Premium Member
On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 8:25 AM, KB21 said:

Oh, I'll also add that drafting for "potential" is what got the Hawks Marvin Williams instead of Chris Paul back in 2005.  

I remember you loving the Marvin Williams pick and defending it on this forum? Am I remembering that wrong? If so, I apologize.

• Moderators
11 hours ago, KB21 said:

Yes, and I have learned from it.  Never again will I value potential over production.  

Not sure you learned the right lesson.    You need to evaluate both just like you need to blend evaluation of tools and skills; analytics and the eye test, etc.

• Like 2

As far as just fitting our team goes (Not the order I’d put them as my selection)

1. Ayton - EASY plug and play for us. He’s like the new David Robinson. 

2. Porter - We need a lead scorer and he’s already got the arsenal to light it up.

3. Doncic - easily starting SG for us, would have the most trouble playing defense out of all 5 listed simply due to him being the least athletic.

4. Bagley - honestly could be the best player out of the group, just not sure how he’d fit our offense. But as far as just making an impact him next to Collins would Be insane.

5. Bamba - also needs work on how he’d fit offensively he’s probably the least gifted in the scoring department and his build is less prepared than the others. Still would be a force on defense. Reminds me or Nerlens Noel just with better offense.