• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trade of the Day 12/6

Diesel

• Premium Member

This is the Kent Bazemore/Major Payne.. " You want me gone Boy?"  Trade.

Bazemore, Plumlee, and Dennis to Brooklyn for Lin, Mozgov, and Carroll.

Brooklyn does it for a full time PG. 

We do it to improve our tank... and it gives us less years paying on bad contracts. 

I think that when he comes back, Lin is the type of PG who could really work Bud's offense.  We know Carroll.  Mozgov is just trade fodder.   They get immediate help in Dennis and Baze and could possibly make a run to the playoffs. 

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Lurker said:

Sorry, but you aren't even getting that with Dennis because of his misdemeanor and executives hating his style of play. Just accept that he is going to be a Hawk for the rest of the contract.

@Lurker - I've seen you mention having inside knowledge of what NBA GMs are thinking a bunch of times over the last couple days.  Can you describe the nature of your insider sources?

If you are pulling this from a public source, can you share the link?

https://sports.yahoo.com/despite-gordon-hayward-injury-celtics-still-thick-things-152045008.html

Open her up.

Like I said, you're not getting rid of Kent's contract or trading Dennis for any value when Dennis is viewed as toxic around the league. All you'll most likely get, is a Bag of Potato Chips (granted, @Diesel may rather have the Potato Chips over Dennis).

So get ready. Dennis Schröder is an Atlanta Hawk for the entire rest of his contract. No matter how much you like or hate him.

• Moderators

At least that is something.  Not sure I buy it, but at least I see the source:

Schröder is a little different though. There’s legitimate talent there, which can’t be dismissed. But more importantly, there is no real market for him. I ran Schröder’s name by a few team executives this week, and each recoiled. There’s a toxicity surrounding Schröder right now. A reputation as a selfish player has gained significant traction throughout the league. His arrest on battery charges last month – an incident the Hawks have deemed “unacceptable” – is an example teams cite of his immaturity.

Said a Western Conference executive: “I don’t need that kind of headache.”

Perhaps Atlanta could give Schröder away. But at 24, Schröder is a terrific talent. Maybe the Hawks can work with him and hope he matures. Really, they don’t have much of a choice.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
18 hours ago, AHF said:

At least that is something.  Not sure I buy it, but at least I see the source:

Most of the league has point guards at this moment.   Teams like Brooklyn and San Antonio may stand in need of a good PG and the coaches of these teams know our system well.  The question is would any of them trade for Schro?  There's another one that you will hear from today.

1.That guy is a New England sports reporter

2.By talking about a few GMs it's probably more likely that those are max 3 guys.

3. One of them is Bostons very own GM who dislikes DS anyway after his feud with IT.

To sum up I'd say overall 40% credibility and doesn't count at all für the whole league.

E.g.: If I'd ask Houston if they would trade for Dennis surely I'd get a negative response of some sort because they are better off without him anyway. If I'd ask a team desperate of a scoring pg like e.g. Phoenix or Bulls surely the talk would be all the other way around.

Additionally I think GMs have enough brain to figure out whether someones attics are hurting the team or not. I mean for real Dennis isn't really a headache at all all season long. Because of some minor things happening in the off season with no effect on your teammates no gm would hang up the phone. I rather think it's more likely that GMs actually look at a players performance and on court attitude. 

The reputation of a selfish player is also only the case to those people who aren't interested in advanced stats like hockey assists and usage and so on. Last year he was one of the top guys in hockey assists if I remember correctly and his usage wasn't that high. So there's really no point in making those accusations outside of being a 12 year old instead of a real NBA gm. 

I'd call credibility for like 4 teams around the league.