• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Revisitation: Dennis vs D8....

Diesel

8 hours ago, Diesel said:

Yeah, but your logic is keep Schröder because of he's our best player NOW. Schröder is 45 amoungs players in efficiency .  He's 11th amoung PGs in FG% and he's 25 amoung PGs in 3pt% and you think this is somebody that should run this team going forward?  The Rookie Alonzo Ball has more assists than Dennis. 

Ok and Lonzo is shooting 33% from the floor and under 50% from the free throw line. Schröder can be a good 3rd option on a championship contender. Only way I trade him is if we get a top 10 pick / promising young player in return.

• Like 2

Dwight Howard...still actually good?

Howard is shooting 48 percent on post-ups, a solid number, but he is bleeding turnovers. He has coughed it on almost 25 percent of his post-ups, the sixth-highest mark among 85 rotation guys who have finished at least 20 such plays, per Synergy. (The five below him: Kelly Olynyk, Draymond Green, Dario Saric, DeAndre Jordan, and Ben Simmons.) He doesn't compensate with inside-out assists.

Put it all together, and Howard post-ups are producing about 0.78 points per possession. You don't divert the offense this often for 0.78 points. You could argue Charlotte has no better option beyond Walker running pick-and-roll, but it's time to build one.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Guess it's not just a ***Dennis Schröder*** problem with ********spoonfeeding Dwight*********.

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, GThawks3 said:

Ok and Lonzo is shooting 33% from the floor and under 50% from the free throw line. Schröder can be a good 3rd option on a championship contender. Only way I trade him is if we get a top 10 pick / promising young player in return.

Lonzo will be better than Dennis by season's end. 

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

Is he going to bring his FG% past 40%?

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

His defense is already better.   His assists is already better.   His leadership is already better.   His shooting will take some time but he's 20. 

I like Dennis but I dont think he can be  your best player. If he is, that probably means you are not winning a lot of games. I think he is an ideal 3rd option.

Dwight had to go. Just made no sense to pay him all that money on a team you know was not going to win. The only problem I had with the trade was what we got in return. Plumlee is trash and I really wish we had that second rounder. Jordan Bell would look great on this team. There were a few guys in the second round I would have liked on this current team.

And I do wonder if Dennis gets traded. If Bud was still in charge then no way Dennis gets moved but with a new guy calling the shots who knows.  I said last year that if we lose Jeff and Dennis in a short span then I will be pissed.  Its hard to find good point guards and we had 2. We only have 1 now but if we lose him and spend years trying to find someone as good as Jeff or Dennnis then smdh

23 hours ago, Diesel said:

His defense is already better.   His assists is already better.   His leadership is already better.   His shooting will take some time but he's 20. 

Lol leadership is better based on what? And his assists are better because he has 0 ability to score.

His shooting may never develop. He’s even shooting under 50% from the line. Schröder >>> Ball

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, GThawks3 said:

Lol leadership is better based on what? And his assists are better because he has 0 ability to score.

His shooting may never develop. He’s even shooting under 50% from the line. Schröder >>> Ball

There are plenty of guys who can't score but they don't get assists either.   You act as though this is some video game where you lower FG% and increase assists.  It doesn't work that way.  Getting assists consistently and making your teammates better is an art.. not just a duty. 

“Lonzo has got a really unique style of leadership about him… just the way he carries himself. It’s a type of quiet confidence and humility… It draws guys in… Because it’s not an all about me mentality, it’s an all about us, guys take him very seriously.”

- Rob Pelinka. 

The second year head coach was asked what his thoughts are about Lonzo Ball’s leadership potential. He did not hesitate to say, via ClutchPoints’ Ryan Ward, that he thinks he is already a leader, despite only playing in the Summer League and two preseason games for the Lakers.

Now when was the last time Dennis took the blame for anything??  It's sad that a rookie takes ownership better than a 5 year vet. 

On 12/15/2017 at 11:17 AM, Lurker said:

Dwight Howard...still actually good?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Guess it's not just a ***Dennis Schröder*** problem with ********spoonfeeding Dwight*********.

Jordan, Cho, and Clifford is just a bad brass.  Payroll surpasses the Rockets.  They don’t know that players who turn and foul more than score can’t help you.  All Dwight has done is fuel the regression of their best players, good job.  Looking at their cap they’ll still be irrelevant when the Hawks resurface.  

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2