• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I am so ready for this season to be over

Peoriabird

16 hours ago, KB21 said:

Well, you are about to get what you want.  Multiple years of losing all in the name of getting higher draft picks to draft "stars".  

As I stated, Bud the GM was awful and I'm willing to give Travis a chance to get it  right.  I hate losing but I don't share your dire view of the team.  The next two years are the best chance to get better whether it's all about the draft or not. The Hawks aren't having superstars knock down the door to come play. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I also want the season to be over. Bud is not playing Collins like he should and that's really the only reason for me to watch. Bazemore is playing up to his contract, Dennis seems to be allergic to defense and Prince has not looked good most of the season.

I said this before but it bears repeating: the decisions to let Horford and Millsap walk as free agents set this franchise back by years. We should have flipped them for picks/young guys and started rebuilding earlier when it became clear the 60 win miracle season was exactly that: a miracle.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Royjr9 said:

I agree letting them walk for nothing is just dumb. The funny thing is their were rumors of Denver having an interest in milsap and Boston with interest in horford.  Bud/Wilcox rolled the dice and crapped out and yes I blame them for the milsap debacle. If I remember correctly milsap was receiving a lot of interest and trade rumors I think all the hawks were. Ultimately boiled down to him and bud meeting where he was told he wouldn’t be moved. I’m honestly baffled that people are mad at Schlenk. Bud and Wes long ago screwed the hawks. 

Schlenk is the one that didn't even offer Millsap a contract.  He's the one that decided to crap out the roster.  He's the one that foolishly gave Ersan a 1 year deal and allowed him to have the veto power on a trade.   He's the one that decided he wanted the roster to be "young and fun" which is just another phrase for "stupid and terrible".   He's the one that didn't even try to bring in players that can contribute to winning games.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Schlenk is the one that didn't even offer Millsap a contract. 

Is Millsap even playing this season?  I don't think Denver got their money's worth when they signed Millsap.  Wonder if that wrist will ever be right again. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Royjr9 said:

I agree letting them walk for nothing is just dumb. The funny thing is their were rumors of Denver having an interest in milsap and Boston with interest in horford.  Bud/Wilcox rolled the dice and crapped out and yes I blame them for the milsap debacle. If I remember correctly milsap was receiving a lot of interest and trade rumors I think all the hawks were. Ultimately boiled down to him and bud meeting where he was told he wouldn’t be moved. I’m honestly baffled that people are mad at Schlenk. Bud and Wes long ago screwed the hawks. 

And we know trade rumors are never wrong.

3 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Is Millsap even playing this season?  I don't think Denver got their money's worth when they signed Millsap.  Wonder if that wrist will ever be right again. 

lmao this is my exact point. He'll be coming back soon, but from what I saw last year (The Hawks got stomped over and over again without him), the Hawks would still be very bad with good ole' Paul Millsap here, unless his **********veteran********** presence would have comforted the youngsters. By the time he would have been available again, it'd be too late to make that ****important**** push to the playoffs.

For that matter, to add on, while Memphis may have veteran presence that are hurt or being kept out, as far as I care they're tanking too. Even with the veteran presence, they suck and are overrated and it's just like Dallas' "slow downturn" that is apparently better than a sudden downturn. Memphis won't make the playoffs even with a healthy Conley returning next year to make my point.

Bookmark this.

I'm ready for this season to be over, I'm just playing a waiting game, and depending on what I see in the offseason, I may turn on this yet.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, KB21 said:

Schlenk is the one that didn't even offer Millsap a contract.  He's the one that decided to crap out the roster.  He's the one that foolishly gave Ersan a 1 year deal and allowed him to have the veto power on a trade.   He's the one that decided he wanted the roster to be "young and fun" which is just another phrase for "stupid and terrible".   He's the one that didn't even try to bring in players that can contribute to winning games.

Love sap but he  was not going to help the hawks except pad the win column by a couple games. And prolly be where Charlotte is now.

4 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Nope 16 games. Denver has done this without much help from Paul.

1 hour ago, Watchman said:

And we know trade rumors are never wrong.

Rumors are wrong sometimes but this was stuff coming from other teams. The hawks hardly ever release info. And remember whether you like it or not the entire team was on the trade block sans maybe Dennis who Phili  was rumored to have offered  some type 1st for. It wasn’t until a week before the deadline. Korver would up being the only significant move. But bud didn’t address it until a week before the deadline that milsap and co would not be moved. Which had the world baffled because why get rid of just korver who was in a funk. 

• Like 1

On 2/26/2018 at 9:15 AM, KB21 said:

Love Paul but history says that contract will be an albatross in seasons to come. It already is being that paul has only played 16 games. The hawks would have been swept in the 1st round if they even made it that far.  Which I highly doubt they would. When horford walked the hawks should have been rebuilding. Intstead they signed Dwight ( approaching that middle build that you suggest) it blew up in there face and we are where we are now. Ersan was a bad gamble but then there is a reason he’s been traded so much.  The one year deal was done to have expiring contracts that a contender might want to take on  for the stretch run. Nobody figured he’d go all I want to be here. Yes the fans have a right to be pissed but that was bud and Wes’s doing. Schlenk is just cleaning the dog doodie off the floor. 

58 minutes ago, AHF said:

That is why you need the worst record possible.  Finish with the worst record and if all the balls go sour on us we still have the #4 pick.  Win a few more games here and you could be looking at the #8 pick as your downside instead.

Having a top 5 pick will mean good options will be on the board.

Regardless of where you draft, you have to nail your picks.

Exactly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Royjr9 said:

Love Paul but history says that contract will be an albatross in seasons to come. It already is being that paul has only played 16 games. The hawks would have been swept in the 1st round if they even made it that far.  Which I highly doubt they would. When horford walked the hawks should have been rebuilding. Intstead they signed Dwight ( approaching that middle build that you suggest) it blew up in there face and we are where we are now. Ersan was a bad gamble but then there is a reason he’s been traded so much.  The one year deal was done to have expiring contracts that a contender might want to take on  for the stretch run. Nobody figured he’d go all I want to be here. Yes the fans have a right to be pissed but that was bud and Wes’s doing. Schlenk is just cleaning the dog doodie off the floor. 

Exactly.

No.  Schlenk has turned this in to dog shit.  Paul’s deal is a 2 year deal.  It will not be an albatross.  

37 minutes ago, KB21 said:

No.  Schlenk has turned this in to dog shit.  Paul’s deal is a 2 year deal.  It will not be an albatross.  

No that was Wes and bud and to some degrees ferry although he was fired. It is my belief that that 60 win team was meant to be stripped and shipped for other pieces otherwise why did ferry pretty much not secure any of their bird rights. They just happened to really catch a down eastern conference that year. We still got nowhere with that team. Adding Paul would keep postponing the inevitable.

Edited by Royjr9
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, davis171 said:

So the Bulls tank that netted them Michael Jordan was a failure because they were bad for a few years while he grew up.

A few things on this. 

First, yes.  It’s not with it to be bad if you are going to be bad for multiple years. 

Second, there are no Michael Jordan’s in the draft these days.  

• Like 1