• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dennis Schröder German TV

StephenHawking

He just said on tv in an interview that he actually didn't sit out against Detroit because of his back but because Bud simply didn't want him to play. The lower back issue was just an excuse. 

I know we all knew this on game day but its hilarious and makes me curious if that statement can have some kind of consequences for the hawks.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, StephenHawking said:

He just said on tv in an interview that he actually didn't sit out against Detroit because of his back but because Bud simply didn't want him to play. The lower back issue was just an excuse. 

I know we all knew this on game day but its hilarious and makes me curious if that statement can have some kind of consequences for the hawks.

There are times when I question Schro's decision making both on and off the court. This decision to casually narc on the franchise he plays for is one of those times. I don't see how him saying this publicly benefits him or the team. There are unwritten rules to this "process" and he just broke one of them.

• Like 2

I dont think that gets a topic, he said also that is back was a little bit tight. Maybe to honest, maybe also a unlucky word about the worrys of the interviewer about his back ... But overall he announced that he gets part of the ownership of his old local basketball team, which is basically the news from this interview.

Edit: He is quite ambtious with his new old team, but i doubt he would be involved much . Since before there where rumors that he is preparing a deal it with a sports agentur.

Additionally he said he is going to play for the nationalteam in summer, which probadly gets the new when the first topic gets to boring.

Edited by CrazyEye
Add some infos ;)
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, hawkman said:

There are times when I question Schro's decision making both on and off the court. This decision to casually narc on the franchise he plays for is one of those times. I don't see how him saying this publicly benefits him or the team. There are unwritten rules to this "process" and he just broke one of them.

Perhaps he is hopeful to get moved on to another team.

• Like 1

I gotta say he didn't intend to bust the Hawks at all. Its the adolescent recklessness he still carries. He was happy and put praise on the Hawks, his life and basketball in general. The thing is he needs an agent that tells him the do's and dont's in publicity. 

For example in another part of the interview he was asked how far he thinks the German national team can go in the next international tournament. He starts answering it by "I don't want to put any pressure on my team that's why I won't set any goals on how far we should go" and ends it by saying "but we should play for a medal. Thats what we should aim for". 

All in all it just paints a picture of a young player who never got teached in professional behaviour. He tries to make good statements but always drops a clanger

Edited by StephenHawking
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Watchman said:

Perhaps he is hopeful to get moved on to another team.

So him saying that he could've played against the pistons means he wants to go to another team? Any player would find it odd to be sat out even though he said the pain didn't bother him. All dennis has to is sneeze and people will take it as a sign that he wants to be traded on this site.

• Like 2

I alsi have trouble to see it as a topic, dnp-cd arent rare they are quite common. I believe even in this game others had it.

He said he Amharic a slight pain, so they decide to use it as a reason but you don't need to worry about him.

Esexially since there are plenty of other interesting things in the interview.

It is also not bad to be ambitious, and he isn't saying that he want to get to the medals in the next tournament but in the next years ( and he doesn't wanted to give a prediction for the next one)

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 0:41 PM, hawkman said:

Well he said it on German TV - so he probably figured "what's said in Germany, stays in Germany"  :biggrin:

That Dennis is a true Wildcard

On 2/21/2018 at 7:55 PM, AtlKauzie said:

So him saying that he could've played against the pistons means he wants to go to another team? Any player would find it odd to be sat out even though he said the pain didn't bother him. All dennis has to is sneeze and people will take it as a sign that he wants to be traded on this site.

In case you hadn't noticed, the league apparently takes a dim view of publicly admitting that tanking is going on (see Mark Cuban's $660k fine for recent example).  Schröder saying nothing was wrong with him is telling the world that we are tanking.  If management didn't want to acknowledge such things, because of potential league problems, it might land Dennis on another team.  Comprendo?

3 hours ago, Watchman said:

In case you hadn't noticed, the league apparently takes a dim view of publicly admitting that tanking is going on (see Mark Cuban's $660k fine for recent example).  Schröder saying nothing was wrong with him is telling the world that we are tanking.  If management didn't want to acknowledge such things, because of potential league problems, it might land Dennis on another team.  Comprendo?

If the leauge didn't care about kings sitting all theirs vets a few times then they shouldn't care about the hawks resting 3 guys once. Also a starting pg being sat out having slight lower back pain but him saying could've played through it vs the team owner outright telling the players to lose as much as possible aren't really on the same scale.

Edited by AtlKauzie

vor 5 Stunden, Watchman sagte:

First of all he didn't said they are tanking.

Second mistake you are making, he didn' say his back injury wasn't there (he just said it wasnt severe), he said he could have played ... some Coaches even like when Player like to Play even when it isnt a smart decision, und when you look on the po there is huge difference betwenn "he is playing with this sickness/injury" in comparision to the rs.

The league aint punishing teams for not playing there key players, even when u are telling it twice it dont get true. It is even quite common on successful Teams, so no Trouble for the team only if they like surprise  the Next Opponent.

So i dont comprendo what you are telling because i Miss all the facts you are argumenting with.

For me it is no Surprise, hat this isnt a News vor the Media... the Interview indeed was full of it, he gets a owner he is most likely playing for the nationalteam etc.

Edited by CrazyEye
The worst Auto corrections + comprendo
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, CrazyEye said:

First of all he didn't said they are tanking.

Second mistake you are making, he didn' say his back injury wasn't there (he just sais it warnt severe), he said he could have played ..

That's correct Crazy....it's just that why did he even answer that question at all.  He was either just being honest (ignorant of the press) or hitting back at Bud a bit or maybe ??

Dennis is a Wildcard.

Edited by DJlaysitup
change

The commentory asked Dennis abtut the flight, which should be tough with a back injury. Dennis was replying that it was ok and his back is fine. Bus didnt planned to play him, and his tight back get the reason instead a cd ( and i would guess that this is more protectioning dennis from german media then team intrest since dennis wasnt the only one who gets rested)

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, CrazyEye said:

The commentory asked Dennis abtut the flight, which should be tough with a back injury. Dennis was replying that it was ok and his back is fine. Bus didnt planned to play him, and his tight back get the reason instead a cd ( and i would guess that this is more protectioning dennis from german media then team intrest since dennis wasnt the only one who gets rested)

Yeah...after I posted before I figured it was just a mix-up.  These things happen and get blown out of proportion.