• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How Is All-Rookie Gonna Go?

• Moderators

I do hope I'm wrong! But my hunch...

All-Rookie 1st Team

G – Donovan Mitchell, Utah (2017-13)

G – Dennis Smith, Dallas (2017-9)

GF – Ben Simmons, Philadelphia [ROY] (2016-1)

FC – Kyle Kuzma, Los Angeles (2017-27)

FC – Lauri Markkanen, Chicago (2017-7)

All-Rookie 2nd Team

G – Lonzo Ball, Los Angeles (2017-2)

G – Bogdan Bogdanovic, Sacramento (2014-27)

GF – Jayson Tatum, Boston (2017-3)

FC – John Collins, ATLANTA (2017-19)

FC – Bam Adebayo, Miami (2017-14)

Other votes: Jordan Bell, Golden State (2017-38); Jarrett Allen, Brooklyn (2017-22); Josh Hart, Los Angeles (2017-30); OG Anunoby, Toronto (2017-23); Luke Kennard, Detroit (2017-12); Josh Jackson, Phoenix (2017-4); De’Aaron Fox, Sacramento (2017-5); Dillon Brooks (2017-45); Daniel Theis, Boston (2017-Undrafted); Frank Mason, Sacramento (2017-34)

... Ideally, I hope Collins supplants Markkanen. But the Midwestern media, plus the Finnisher having to step up in the absence of LaVine/departure of Mirotic, will hold sway. And if not Lauri, then Celtic Love will get Tatum up there with the 1st Team. Spots aren't position-specific on the ballots as far as I know, but I just included some here.

How do you suppose the voters will go? Any omissions or guys in the wrong place?

~lw3

• Like 1

• Admin
16 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

I do hope I'm wrong! But my hunch...

All-Rookie 1st Team

G – Donovan Mitchell, Utah (2017-13)

G – Dennis Smith, Dallas (2017-9)

GF – Ben Simmons, Philadelphia [ROY] (2016-1)

FC – Kyle Kuzma, Los Angeles (2017-27)

FC – Lauri Markkanen, Chicago (2017-7)

All-Rookie 2nd Team

G – Lonzo Ball, Los Angeles (2017-2)

G – Bogdan Bogdanovic, Sacramento (2014-27)

GF – Jayson Tatum, Boston (2017-3)

FC – John Collins, ATLANTA (2017-19)

FC – Bam Adebayo, Miami (2017-14)

Other votes: Jordan Bell, Golden State (2017-38); Jarrett Allen, Brooklyn (2017-22); Josh Hart, Los Angeles (2017-30); OG Anunoby, Toronto (2017-23); Luke Kennard, Detroit (2017-12); Josh Jackson, Phoenix (2017-4); De’Aaron Fox, Sacramento (2017-5); Dillon Brooks (2017-45); Daniel Theis, Boston (2017-Undrafted); Frank Mason, Sacramento (2017-34)

... Ideally, I hope Collins supplants Markkanen. But the Midwestern media, plus the Finnisher having to step up in the absence of LaVine/departure of Mirotic, will hold sway. And if not Lauri, then Celtic Love will get Tatum up there with the 1st Team. Spots aren't position-specific on the ballots as far as I know, but I just included some here.

How do you suppose the voters will go? Any omissions or guys in the wrong place?

~lw3

Since it is not position specific ... I would potentially rate Bell, Jackson, Fox and Anunoby on the 2nd team as well.  Some maybe even ahead of COllins.  He had a good year but a lot of those guys did too ... maybe even better.

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 4/10/2018 at 9:16 AM, capstone21 said:

Since it is not position specific ... I would potentially rate Bell, Jackson, Fox and Anunoby on the 2nd team as well.  Some maybe even ahead of COllins.  He had a good year but a lot of those guys did too ... maybe even better.

On the plus side, he led the entire 2017 draft class in WS/48 and PER while tying for 2nd in BPM and coming 3rd in VORP.  Guys like Jackson and Fox finish near the bottom of the class in some of those numbers.

• Like 2

• Moderators

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23131464/zach-lowe-2017-18-picks-all-nba-all-defensive-all-rookie

Zach Lowe posts his All-Rookie ballot. Swaps out DSJ and Markky for Tatum and Bogdan.

That's always the tough part with All-Rookie: How do you compare guys putting up numbers on terrible teams with others fitting nicely into small roles on good teams? Players have no choice in which team drafts them. It's not the fault of Smith and Josh Jackson that they are left to take, and mostly miss, a bunch of contested shots on horrid teams that spend part of the season trying to lose. (Poor De'Aaron Fox didn't even get to do that! He mostly stood around watching Zach Randolph post up.)

How would they look filling OG Anunoby's role in Toronto? How would Anunoby contribute in Dallas or Phoenix?

With some nod toward raw production, I gravitate toward guys you could at least envision playing the style they flashed as a rookie for a real team. Collins shot 58 percent -- and 37 percent on corner 3s -- taking the kinds of shots he would get on a better team.

~lw3

• Like 1

How the hell Lonzo and Ingram average 34 minutes a game?  I barely saw them dudes late in the season in lieu of Hart and Kuzma.

There ain’t nothing rookie about Ben Simmons.  Give him some damn MVP votes and slot Tatum on the first team.  His instincts are crazy.

I haven’t seen Mitchell and Smith Jr. enough but I have seen Collins a lot and their advanced numbers are sh@t turds compared to the Baptist.  I can’t even wrap my mind around a negative WS/48 for a player who played 69 games (Smith Jr).  I won’t look at Markannen’s advanced numbers, the tape shows he’s a First Teamer who’ll grow naturally with weight and experience.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1